Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need a brownie recipe for begginers

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ZnOT, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Here's the deal, I've been smoking pot for... 3-4 months but not on a daily basis tough, maybe once a week, even once a month...

Well, a friend is celebrating her birthday soon and she always wanted to try pot, but doesn't wanna smoke it, she wants to try edibles.

We would like to cook some brownies but wouldn't like them very potent, mainly because most of the people trying has never smoked or has just tried a little.

We want to feel the effects but we don't want to freak out so hard to the point where we start with the paranoia.

My friend says he wants to be a little more high than when he smokes (we give the joint 3-5 hits).

I would like the individual dosage to fit in one brownie, that way we can eat a whole brownie each one.

Again, not too high but we want to feel it a bit more than when smoking (3-5 hits off a joint only weed, no tobacco).

Any recipes for us newbies?

We will be high all night at the party if correctly done haha.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

2. #2 bkarnaze, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    You can do this pretty easily using any commercial box brownie mix.
    1. Decide how much thc you want per serving. A 10 mg thc dose (one colorado dose) will medicate most new users, and that would require 0.067 gram per dose, assuming good 15% thc herb. If you wanted doses twice this big, just double the amount of herb.
    2. Multiply the number of servings by 2 (so you can eat either 1/2 brownie, or a whole one if needed), then multiply that number by the number of servings on the box. For example, a box of Trader Joes brownies makes 16 brownies, so the total amount of herb to use to make each brownie have 20 mg thc is 16*2*0.067 = 2.1 grams.
    3. Decarb herb @ 240 F for 40 min using an accurate oven thermometer.
    4. Grind to fine powder in a coffee grinder.
    5. Mix herb with the recipe's oil, and add a bit more oil to compensate for the herb's soaking up of oil.
    6. Bake using the recipe instructions, but bear in mind that the longer you bake, the more thc will be degraded. Try to choose a box that requires the least baking time.

Start with 1/2 brownie, wait about an hour, and if you feel nothing, eat the other half.

Using ground, whole, decarbed herb will produce about twice the potency, compared to making infused oil first, but there will be very slight herb taste.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks so much, could you give a dose so were high and maybe freaking out a bit but not having lots of paranoia or so?

As I said is first time eating for everyone and for some it's even first time on mj.

4. I edited my response as you were typing, to produce 10 mg doses. Some new users need only 5 mg thc, others 20+, so you could even start with 1/4 brownie using the recommended 2.1 grams herb for a 16 serving box.

5. Alright thank you, the herb I get is pretty strong (3 hits off a joint gets me a good high), is supposed to be Amnesia (sativa) and while I can't be sure that's the real strain, I'm sure it's good quality.

If I need 4grams or so though, I could buy 5 grams and keep 1 gram for me, smoke a bit and see how strong it is but it's probably gonna be the same.

Again, thank you!

6. Can someone get me comfortable to the idea of decarbing? The idea of sticking weed in a hot oven seems like it would vape out all the THC rather than activate it. I know...I know.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you don't decarb, you won't get high (with rare exceptions), so you should be uncomfortable not decarbing. Smoking decarbs automatically at much higher temperature than the oven. Oven decarb just converts non-psychoactive thc-a into psychoactive thc, without losing much of it, if done correctly. For me, decarb is still scary, because ovens can be way off and fluctuate wildly, so I bought the device advertised in this important article that changed the way I look at edible making: Decarb Myths Debunked

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. [​IMG]
    Same toaster oven I've decarbed 50 pounds or more in.
    240 F for 40 minutes and use at least one good oven thermometer.
    Should stink like roasting weed and darken some. if it smokes your 15 degs to hot and open the door for 15 seconds.
    This is about 40 grams of high grade hash about to go in if I remember.
    I've stopped smoking at all so all my medication is hash oil capsules now so trust me when I say I've got the decarb function down pat. Hundreds of loads through that old oven and I've tried dozens of temps and times and it all comes back to 240 f for 40 minutes.
    3 rounds of major surgery left me a mess of scar tissure that acts like a vice grip in my guts most of the time. Cannabis opens that clamped feeling almost instantly so I just never come down now at all.
    Takes a bit of works to stay stoned off my ass 24-7 but it can be done. Beats the hell out of the Big Pharma drugs we tried to control my little issues with both cost and side effects. Legal here so I grow all my own. Turn it all to hash and turn all that hash to Coconut oil capsules.
    Bad Kat style coconut oil is by far the strongest preparations I've come up against and will hammer the hell out of you.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Here is the last word on baking your ever need.
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    More of my own work.
    Make canna oil first as once mixed in the brownie mix internal temps are to low to further degrade any canna.
    Decarb weed (240 F for 40 minutes
    Mix decarbed weed and just enough coconut oil to make mud with. Adding lecithin will boost the strength by 50%
    Heat oil-weed mix to 220 F for 20, Freeze, reheat and it's done. Add now finished canna oil to the rest of the oil called for in the brownie mix and bake normally.
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Brass- Ive been on a hiatus for awhile from the city. However Ive been lurking, and one of the things i learned from you during this period was those hash caps. Man do they work like a charm, I used about two grams of some BHO shatter, mixed it with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of soy lecithin, baked it in my toaster oven at 220F for about an hour. These caps really do get me medicated!
    To the OP go spend about $70 bucks on the supplies to make the caps and youll be set for a real long time. Only thing youll have to buy/grow after the first initial investment is the hash/concentrate. I definently reccomend over some begginner brownie recipe. I made edibles for awhile and idk i dont always like the way they turn out, my method need some more perfecting, but these caps are super easy to make and get the job done way better. Happy medicating!

10. That would be nice for getting me high daily, but this is for a party so we want them to be brownies haha.

Even if it was for me, now I can't spend that money and I live in my parent's house so... I can't make hash and so on, if not... I would have my own plant haha

11. Here's my quick and dirt boxed brownie recipe. Cheap, quick and effective.

First dosage-
    Pretty much a quarter of a gram to a half of a gram of decarbed ganja per edible / dose is a great place to start. So an eighth (3.5 grams) to a quarter (7 grams) is perfect for a boxed brownie recipe that makes 12 brownies. Easy math so there's no mistakes!

Decarbing ganja-
    As others have said 40 minutes in a preheated 240*F oven is pretty much dead on. Use an oven or candy thermometer to get as close as possible. It will work with out the exact temp but this is where the good stuff happens so we want this as close as possible.

Roughly break up the ganja and remove the lumber. Then put the ganja on foil and place the foil on a baking pan. Slide that in a preheated 240*F oven for fourty minutes. Let it cool or its sticky. That's it, activated ganja ready for our edibles.

Making the recipe-
    First take the 2/3 cup of oil the recipe calls for and mix the decarbed ganja in. It's best to finely grind the ganja between two spoons so it breaks down into the oil. Mix it well and then just follow the direction on the brownie box. That's it!

Trouble shooting-
    If your edibles suck or don't work then you fucked up the decarb. No ifs ands or buts about it, the end!! Once you get the decarb process down you'll be making all sorts of cool shit.

What is decarbed ganja like-
    It's dark, almost burnt looking and it looks like you fucked it up. It is dried completely and is a bit crispy feeling. It fucking stinks bad. Funky, funky, funky smelling and in fact your entire house will stink when you decarb ganja in the house so be prepared.

Advanced tech for a more potent edible-
    Adding an emulsifier like sunflower lecithin will improve how hard and how fast a particular edible will hit you. A teaspoon of sunflower lecithin per eighth (3.5 grams) of ganja works well for me.

Steeping your ganja in the oil the recipe calls for over night under low low heat also helps for faster onset and a harder hitting edible. It's best to mix the lecithin in first before steeping over night. I put the oil, decarbed ganja, lecithin into a coffee mug and leave it on a coffee pot warmer over night. I do over night because I'm lazy but you only need to steep for four hours at a minimum.

The lecithin and steeping isn't needed and using just decarbed ganja will work just fine. Good luck and post your results.

12. Thanks I may try that recipe, but I'm concerned a lot about the smell mostly about how much does it stay and if there's any way to dissipate it.