I must confess

Discussion in 'General' started by LeaveUsLeaveUs, May 13, 2011.

1. I used to complain about america, but really we have it kinda good. Better than most. Sure it sucks, nobody like to be controlled, but it could be a lot worse

2. #22 Smotpoking, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah I agree some places obviously better than others.

3. I quoted you because I was agreeing with you. Can you fucking read?

4. I'm from the northeast so im neutral, but California has like the 48th best average IQ.

Just sayin.

5. Damn the man!

6. #26 guamhaze, May 13, 2011
    Ya it's rough out here man (I live in TX too). I'm an independent and I cannot stand the radical conservatism here (me and gf need to move to Austin). My gf's step-father hates the president! One day we went to visit him in the hospital and told him that the government was trying to cut the Dept of education, medicaid, and student assistance (pell grant etc.). He said "F&@$ing Obama!" our response was "No pops...it's....Rick Perry"(gov of TX)...he shut his mouth. He was in the hospital at that time (heart attack) and qualified for medicaid (low income) too! Corporations (their puppets are republicans AND democrats!) are brainwashing through the media (no "networks" will be named) rural/lower class people into "worshiping/sucking corporation balls" and in turn screwing them over left and right by cutting the very things that are needed to help them survive (not get wealthy but merely survive)(e.i hospital bill help-only makes 7.50 a/hr).

...yup I have said a too much.

7. thank you whoever made the living in the third world comment. I live in Pakistan and I have a better lifestyle than you can ever imagine. That includes getting more pussy in a week then you get in a months time. I'm talking about hotties bro.

8. When the revolution comes, OP will be the first to die.

9. Well when WW3 breaks out i will be fighting for the Asians! THOSE GUYS ARE FUCKING RUTHLESS! plus there is billions of them...

10. #30 scr hdb, May 14, 2011
    Asians are going to take over one day. They've got superb reflexes, technology, sheer numbers. It's bound to happen. I'm mexican so hopefully they recognize the landscaping skills and leave us be. Gotta keep those hedges trimmed.

11. Oh whatever man.

What I hate is the human race.

12. They don't hate you because you "live so well".

13. Jealousy is a natural human emotion. I kindly, strongly disagree.

14. #34 nom de guerre, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    I don't understand how you could possibly conclude that the rest of the world is jealous of the U.S., especially 3rd world countries. That is just a big ass generalization with no supportive substance.

Edit:

If you go to a developing country they may be jealous of YOU but not of where you are from.

15. Quit watching the news for awhile and your overall paranoia of the world ending will decrease significantly.

16. I am not saying everyone in every country outside of the US is jealous of us. But the jealousy is strong among certain elements of the world's population...As should be expected.

If I were to tell you that I get all my basic needs for far cheaper than you, my way of life is far better than yours, etc etc, would you be jealous? If you're like most people you will at least a little bit. I know if I lived in some 3rd world country and the US denied me a visa I would ask myself questions like "why me?" "why do little spoiled, ungrateful "anarchist" brats get to be born in such a prosperous country like the USA, and people like me, who know how good people in the USA really have it, sometimes don't even get 3 square meals a day?"

17. Let's stop assuming that 3rd world country = everyone is poor, can't afford food, no basic necessities, etc. Yes that does exist but you can't lump an entire population like that. My local movie theater has a VIP section with lazy boy chairs and a beer cooler for the same price as a movie ticket back home. The regular seating area, which is like nice theaters back home, is 100-200 Baht per ticket which is only a few bucks. Both tickets are affordable for the locals.

We also have top of the line hospitals and can get treatments at a fraction of the price of what it costs in North America, which is why people fly here for surgeries and other lame shit like cosmetic/plastic surgery vacations. Foreigners cannot own their own land, and believe me Thailand is corrupt, but at the end of the day they are just taking care of their own. I work for one of the most well known businesses in the country and it is owned by an American so we get a lot of shit regardless of how great we treat AND pay our employees. We also get shit because we treat our Burmese staff well and that is looked down upon by the Thais.

Point: not everyone wants your help or your lifestyle.

If I'm really frugal I can get by on less than $600 a month in my nice 2 bedroom house. I don't watch my spending and still come in under $1200.

People just assume that they have it better because they see what they are used to and don't understand the priorities and traditions of other cultures. That is the bottom line...a generalization, but generally true in this kind of discussion.

\COOL STORY

18. Absolutely no one gives a fuck how Americans live in the US. I wouldn't care if you guys had automated pussy flying around. The problem is the american foreign policy. It's when America decides to stick it's finger up different countries ass.

19. It sure is popular to hate America. :rolleyes: You guys totally missed the mark. Our government needs some repairs, I'm not denying that. But to say that we are like Nazi Germany in that all we are trying to do is rule every country is a bit, well, ignorant of history.

20. #40 Jdahms, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    I think you need to stop worrying so much about it and just live your life

and if the streets smell like death move to somewhere nicer

and if you want to bitch about pollution go whine about china. the US has made huge strides in that area in the last 50 years.

btw living in america is awesome.