I must be addicted to sugar

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by GreenRangerFOH, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I want to get to only drinking water but my will must be weak. I just can't get myself to do it. It's like I need to start off my day with some sugar. Whether it be a glass of kool-aid or juice or something. Anyone have any advice on how I can transition to drinking more water.

2. Don't buy it anymore lol exercising also got me to start drinking only water so maybe try exercising?lol

3. #3 xpixiex, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    What kind of juice? If OJ, try eating oranges. Or watermelon. Apples are good too. Kiwis. Hell, all fruits are juicy. Plus they're sugary on their own.

Screw juice. Eat more fruit.

I happen to be addicted to ice cream. I like the cream and the sugar combo. It's awesome creamy flavor explosions in my mouth.. :eek:

4. Eat more quality food. Fruit would be a good start. Maybe you can move on from there.

5. You might try tea with stevia. Stevia is from a plant and it is many times sweeter than sugar. I buy it online by the pound from Owl's Nest Plantation for about $37. Their stevia is a lot stronger than the "SweetLeaf" brand you find in most stores.

Tea comes in 100s of flavors, so I am sure you can find something that suits you. FYI- according to a study, tea can (weakly) activate the same CB receptors as cannabis! :D

Tea catechins' affinity for human cannabinoid receptors. (abst – 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Tea catechins' affinity for human cannabinoid ... [Phytomedicine. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

Granny :wave:

6. Get fruit, make vitamin water out of it. You can add herbs too, a few spoonfuls per quart of water, they have supplemental qualities that will leach into the water (even some weird ones, like hibiscus). With the fruit, you just get a jar, add sliced fruit, water, and leave it in your fridge for a few hours.

It's fun to make and might be a good transition to plain water....but it's healthy enough to continue regardless.

7. i think your problem has to do with blood sugar

sugary drinks spike your insulin, that in turn causes low blood sugar, which makes you crave even more sugar ad infinitum

its a self perpetuating problem, you can solve it by eating some good breakfast, whole grains with egg/turkey, then the whole grain will help your blood sugar stay more stable

also, try having these drinks on a full stomach, will slow down the blood sugar spike