I miss getting high

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by alvarxism, Sep 24, 2012.

1. I used to be a huge pothead when I was in college. I had to drop out because I got mentally ill. Now I'm back at home living with my parents and haven't touched weed in about 7 months. I miss everything about it, i miss breaking up the weed, rolling a blunt, the sound it makes when I'm smoking it, the smell, everything... I can't get high at home b/c my moms always home... anyway just wanted to express my desire to smoke it again. I can't wait till I move out and reunite with maryjane:wave:

2. If it affected your life that much I would advise not smoking.

3. You can smoke and keep it from your mom..just buy an eighth and roll a joint, smoke it outside...:bongin:

4. I'm sure if it were that easy he'd be doing just that

5. This is why cannabis is illegal. Please stop smoking it, you were clearly never meant to ever smoke weed.

6. try smoking oil or hash, it don't smell and you don't need much...fly under radar.

7. what are you talking about?? he didnt say he got mentally ill from smoking, pay attention.

8. Yea, I didn't get mentally ill from smoking it, when I got to the ER they did a drug test and they didn't find it in my system. so yea. The cop who arrested me and took me to the ER thought I was high fuck when he took me to the hospital, but I passed the test.:cool:

9. Dude, you have to tell your story

10. See these types of responses too many times nowadays. Just because something is a big part of your life doesn't mean it's bad. Smoking weed is a hobby for some people. It's like playing guitar. I've played guitar for years, and if I had to quit, for whatever reason, I would miss it terribly. Doing something you enjoy usually does end up having a big impact on your life, which isn't negative.

11. Beat me to it. Just because you miss something doesn't mean you should never do again.

I say as soon as possible, toke up son!

12. [quote name='"alvarxism"']

Yea, I didn't get mentally ill from smoking it, when I got to the ER they did a drug test and they didn't find it in my system. so yea. The cop who arrested me and took me to the ER thought I was high fuck when he took me to the hospital, but I passed the test.:cool:[/quote]

That isn't the issue. It's well known that people with any mental conditions or a family history of it are more susceptible to developing psychosis.

The thing is, smoking weed is nothing like playing a guitar. The fact that you make that analogy shows irresponsibility and a HUGE lack of respect for cannabis. I understand GC is populated with crazy stoners who think that cannabis cures every disease known to man, but don't listen to them. Cannabis is a powerful drug and can cause complications that aren't worth getting high.

I'm not saying you'll definetely develop a mental condition, but your chances are much higher than the average man. Is smoking weed worth it? I don't.

There is a lot more to life than weed. The people who hold weed in the highest regard are the ones who aspire to get more weed, all the time. I know students who only want well paying jobs so they can fund their habit.

13. Ok so here's the story of how I got mentally ill. It was in the middle of the spring quarter so I'm super busy with classes, and stressed out as crazy, as I have midterms coming up for my classes. Meanwhile, my roommate, who is a foreign exchange student from Korea, is pushing me to go to Vegas with him. Anyways, the night he left for Vegas was the same night I went crazy. I got up in the middle of the night and was hearing voices, so I get up and remember my roommate told me he prays to his ancestors, so I immediately thought he was doing some kinda of witchcraft to the dorm. I start to perform a rosary pacing all around the dorm while I'm doing it out loud. After I'm finished I'm shaking like crazy (felt like I was in shock), I woke up some of my roommates and they try to calm me down a bit. After a while the sun comes up and the next morning I go to dorm office still really shocked about the situation, and that's where they had some paramedics come in and the police came in to question me. He thought I hurt my roommate, since I told him I killed him by praying the rosary, and his body might be in the dumpsters. He makes me go check the dumpsters with him, then my aunt comes n with my cousin in law, and the police officer puts me in cuffs, and puts me in the back of his vehicle and he takes me to the Emergency Room where they drug test me and find no drugs in my system. While in the ER I can't seem to act right and they send me to a rehab center where I stayed for 4 weeks. They had me on lots of medication, one of the side effects of the medicine was weight gain. I was diagnosed with a bunch of things, like mania, schizophrenia and some other things. To this day I can't fully understand what caused me to loose my mind, I think it might of been the stress, but I've been able to cope the stress before, so I'm not sure why this happened. My Doctor says I shouldn't go back to school, and I'm gonna be receiving SSI money b/c of this pretty soon, I'm still taking medicine but not as much (1 dissolvable tablet), and I'm miserable as fuck now that I'm back home and not being able to do anything. I miss my old lifestyle, being at home just sucks.:(

14. ^ you deff shouldnt be smoking weed.

15. Yea, at the rehab center they diagnosed me with having psychosis, mania, and some other stuff.

16. You had one outburst after studying for finals and they say you may have schizophrenia, I feel crazy after studying for one test, finals week was hell week....was there intense testing involved before they diagnosed this? I would get a second option....maybe you did?....sounds intense man.

:bongin:

17. [quote name='"alvarxism"']

Ok so here's the story of how I got mentally ill. It was in the middle of the spring quarter so I'm super busy with classes, and stressed out as crazy, as I have midterms coming up for my classes. Meanwhile, my roommate, who is a foreign exchange student from Korea, is pushing me to go to Vegas with him. Anyways, the night he left for Vegas was the same night I went crazy. I got up in the middle of the night and was hearing voices, so I get up and remember my roommate told me he prays to his ancestors, so I immediately thought he was doing some kinda of witchcraft to the dorm. I start to perform a rosary pacing all around the dorm while I'm doing it out loud. After I'm finished I'm shaking like crazy (felt like I was in shock), I woke up some of my roommates and they try to calm me down a bit. After a while the sun comes up and the next morning I go to dorm office still really shocked about the situation, and that's where they had some paramedics come in and the police came in to question me. He thought I hurt my roommate, since I told him I killed him by praying the rosary, and his body might be in the dumpsters. He makes me go check the dumpsters with him, then my aunt comes n with my cousin in law, and the police officer puts me in cuffs, and puts me in the back of his vehicle and he takes me to the Emergency Room where they drug test me and find no drugs in my system. While in the ER I can't seem to act right and they send me to a rehab center where I stayed for 4 weeks. They had me on lots of medication, one of the side effects of the medicine was weight gain. I was diagnosed with a bunch of things, like mania, schizophrenia and some other things. To this day I can't fully understand what caused me to loose my mind, I think it might of been the stress, but I've been able to cope the stress before, so I'm not sure why this happened. My Doctor says I shouldn't go back to school, and I'm gonna be receiving SSI money b/c of this pretty soon, I'm still taking medicine but not as much (1 dissolvable tablet), and I'm miserable as fuck now that I'm back home and not being able to do anything. I miss my old lifestyle, being at home just sucks.:([/quote]
    Man, I do feel for your situation. I also doubt weed caused this. The college years are the years which mental illnesses manifest, so it's no surprise it happened when it did.

I suppose I shouldn't speak with such a definite tone, I'm not even close to qualified, professional advice. But I really think that anymore cannabis would not be good for you.

Try finding new direction in life, pick up a vocationa and stick it at it.

Good luck my friend!

18. You're off target here. Cannabis is not a powerful drug. It's probably one of the softest drugs known to man. Anyone who smokes weed regularly, or has at some point in their lives, will tell you that a weed high really isn't shit.:confused_2:

Yeah, it's a good high, but once you get past the newbie/occasional smoker stage it's easy to realize that it's such a soft drug.

Equating smoking weed to playing guitar is a decent analogy. Both are things people partake in because they enjoy doing them. Of course there's a lot more to life than weed, but that's like telling Eddie Van Halen there's a lot more to life than playing guitar. People choose their own life.

There's a whole culture built around weed, man. I don't know how you are, but some people really enjoy smoking weed and don't see it as just a drug, but a lifestyle. Who are you to tell them that they're living their life wrong?

19. Could it have happen b/c of weed? I mean, at the time I hadn't smoked for a month. And I didn't test positive for any substances. Could you have withdraws from weed? Even after a month? What do you guys think? I'm pretty confident that weed had nothing to do with it.

20. [quote name='"alvarxism"']Could it have happen b/c of weed? I mean, at the time I hadn't smoked for a month. And I didn't test positive for any substances. Could you have withdraws from weed? Even after a month? What do you guys think? I'm pretty confident that weed had nothing to do with it.[/quote]

Weed prob didnt have anything to do with it. And no pot withdrawls... Just weed isnt a good mix with mental illness(such as the one you "possibly have)