I might have asked this once, but i need to clear it up for a friend..

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by bon idee, Apr 8, 2009.

1. so that's why i'm going to trust you guys on this one.

my friend has two methadone pills, i think they're 10mg apeice, and we want to know what their equivalence is to Oxy? In mgs. I've heard that methadone is weak, but this isn't my trip,

also do you chew it or dissolve it under your tongue?
    And is 1mg xanax safe to take? i would say one.

thanks guys, yall are always good about having peoples' backs.

2. Methadone doesn't give me the same effect as oxy, so I really can't say.

It actually doesn't give me much of an effect at all.

I wouldn't recommend taking xanax with it because the methadone combined with the xanax could potentially stop your breathing if you fall asleep. Maybe not only 1 mg, though.

3. methadone is STRONG SHIT...it takes over an hour to kick in, and methadone causes a lot of the ODs out of most opiates. 10mg methadone=/=10mg oxycontin. methadone also depresses breathing a lot more than most other opiates do. your friend should take it slow, and not take more because they dont feel anything yet since it takes a while to kick in. mixing xanax and methadone can kill easily.

4. I don't think she's seeking the same effects per se.

I've heard that it doesn't even give you a high. but, i know alot of jerks lol.

I've also heard that 10mg is way stronger than a 10mg oxy. :[ i'm glad i double checked.

5. 10 mg should be stronger. I think s w i s h e r meant "does not equal" when he put =/=.

However, methadone still doesn't give me the same effects. It actually takes away, if anything. I've taken methadone on top of oxycodone and it takes away the high. It gives you all the effects of an opiate (pain relief, etc) without the wonderful euphoria... At least in my experience.

I have heard from others that if you smoke a bowl after dosing, it kicks in hard. Not sure if its true or not.

6. #6 s w i s h e r, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    methadone isn't the most recreational opiate painkiller out there. itll give you a buzz but it wont give you the same euphoric effect as oxycodone will. a lot of people end up killing themselves accidentally by taking more methadone because they dont get the same high as they are experienced with. so you and your friend be careful

edit: yea i meant "does not equal to"

7. ^ Agreed.

I've dosed methadone a few times. It has a fairly long half life, too. Be careful with that.

I spent one Saturday puking my guts up and dry heaving because I took 60 mg within a 48 hour period.

Its not the best. You'll feel something, but not the same as oxys.

8. i wouldnt go over 20mg of methadone is you dont have a tolerance, that shit is strong and it lasts forever

9. She took them because she was feeling ill from the last time she did oxy which was over the weekend sometime, and she wasn't looking to get high..
    she popped the first one and took the other one home with her, i'm assuming she's saving the bar for a rainy day.

Thanks for the advice guys. I just wanted to update.

swisher-- i always like your posts :]

10. Shit, only one. When I started taking them one would have me nodding for most of the day (on and off with changes in blood concentration) and could feel it the next day.

11. 5 mg of methadone has me feeling pretty good, but I'm not looking to get more fucked up and sick in the process. Its a different kind of feeling, but its not bad at all.