I messed up GC. What now?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by compoundsk8, Oct 28, 2012.

1. was smoking a couple bowls in my car with a couple people last night in the parking lot of a skatepark. We planned on going back into the park to skate once we finished. (cuz its gota be the most amazing feeling ever cruising around high off your ass)

Anyways mid way through the session a cop rolls up and stops right behind us. Car is hotboxed. They shine a spotlight on us then come up and knock on the window. I roll it down and smoke pours out and they tell me how good it smells. I never consented to any searches. After them asking me were it was i said i didnt know they began searching. I just figured smoke coming out of my window and strong weed smell was probable cause. is this true?

So they search and my find my 8th of dank and my pipe. Along with my buddys 2 grams. The whole time the cop was talking about how dank and sticky and smelly me weed was and asking me questions about bongs, and sharing his experiences in smoking. Thought i would be let off the hook. But no. Charged me with possession and paraphernalia. Didn't take me to jail tho.

Oh and i forgot to mention. I live in Florida. Harshest weed laws in the US. Has anyone else been in this position? This is my first criminal offence my record was clean up until this point. What will i likely come out of this with? Probation, a fine, jail time?? Been researching and it says all of these are possible in any combo. Also that they suspend your license for TWO YEARS for any drug related charge whether a vehicle was involved or not.. How the hell will i get too and from work and school idk...But the cop was telling me the worst that would happen is probation and that i wold probably be sent into a "devergent program" or something along those lines.. Sort of like a teen court type of thing.

Feeling so shitty over this feel like karma did me wrong. I never do any bad stuff to people and i feel like i finally got my shit together by getting a job and attending a local community college and i smoke on occasion.. like twice a week if that. Will this affect my schooling at all?

Basically just wondering what my best options are here... I would also like to do this without my father finding out as he would kick me out of the house and more than likely stop paying for my schooling.. I fucked up big time and feel like an idiot.

2. Are you serious? Smoke pouring out your car is 100% probable cause. Since your in florida your basically fucked. Any your dad will most likely find out. Serves you right though, thats what happens when you smoke in your car. Dont wanna get caught? Dont take any weed outta your house

3. Okay, let me start by saying how stupid you are...

You live in Florida right? So why go to a skate park and hot box your god damn car in the god damn parking lot? Skate parks are slightly moderated..... So if you're going too smoke not on your property, find some where else less visible.

Anyway, he said it smelt good, so why didn't you just say you had it? I'm pretty sure he'd just take your weed, maybe, I don't live in Florida.

But niiiiiiiiice one.

4. dumb dumb dumb dumb duuuuuumb.

5. This x1000, anyone who hotxboxes in a public skatepark absolutely deserves to get fucked by the long dick of the law.

6. Smoking in puplic is retarded. I live in rural iowa though so I can pretty much just drive around on country roads with no fear of getting pulled over. The cops here never leave town.

7. Wouldnt be suprised if you got some jail time, flordidas strict as fuck

8. I'm just thankful for the rain and fog so it's less hard too see when you're driving around smoking :smoke:

9. Definitely fault on you. Smoke pouring out of your car is 100% probable cause to search. Good luck with the out come, and next time lets put that brain to work and find a new spot!

10. ok guys dont you understand i have already realized all this? I said in my first post i feel like an idiot. I know it was dumb. the park dont have a parking lot we were across the street in a big big restaurant parking lot. I just sayed skatepark parking lot to make things easier. Anyways yes it was dumb. Now can i get some advice on this? Im scared out of my mind about facing jail time.. and i did admit to the weed and bowl being mine the officer wrote down that i was very co-operative, polite, and honest... May help in court.. Why was he making it sound like no big deal like i would just have to take some classes but the internet says possible jail time. I dont get it

11. I honestly dont even want to smoke anymore... Its obviosly not doing me any good

12. uughh im so scared of telling my parents lol.. They have no clue i smoke lol

13. The cop most likely could tell you anything. He doesn't decide shit if it goes to court/judge and isn't ended with a ticket of some sort Atleast.

He probably talked like that to get your sympathy.

Just sayin that's what I'd say. Never got the idea of smoking in a closed area over open terrain, if you aren't legal.

14. Lol that wont do shit in court lol your parents will find out cuz youll have a shitload of fines (at least 1k) and you might wana get a lawyer or else you will be spending time in jail. My friend got the same exact charges in florida and spent 30 days in jail with 1800 in fines plus probation.

You should be scared, you decided to smoke in public and now your fucked. tell your parents, theyll find out anyways

15. #15 xpixiex, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
    Oh yeah, bro. That was definitely karma. It had nothing to do with you being an idiot.

You could lawyer up. Lawyers can make sentences a lot less painful than they have to be.

16. You done fucked up!

17. ok i fucked up i was an idiot it was my fault i understand this. I never once said i blamed anything else but myself and my choices. Omg please dont let me get jail time

18. #18 xpixiex, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
    Try to get a free consultation with a lawyer or your attorney. I got out of community service and only had to pay a small fine. My friend who didn't hire a lawyer had to do the community service AND pay a larger fine. So yeah, lawyer up.

If you can't afford one, talk to your parents. It sucks but just strike a deal with them that you'll pay them back, do chores, suck your dads dick, etc.

19. I dont think i will get jail time... Everywhere im researching online says its unlikely for a first time offense. Is it worth it to hire a lawyer tho? I just read that lawyers can possibly negotiate a diversion which is like a 90 day drug test/educational course. Also i cant even read this damn police report its one of those papers where when you wright on it it goes through onto the other page then you get the page in the middle. The pencil writing is soo light i cant make out a single word.

20. I just know im fucked if i tell them because my dad will stop supporting me and kick me out and i have no where to go no car no nothing. But if i dont tell them then i will have no lawyer and possibly jail time... uughh im in the worst position