Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I may never drink again

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HPG, Jul 31, 2011.

1. I'm 33. Been drinking, moderately, since I was 21. I've been drunk twice, and really hated it both times. In general, drinking just makes me tired and sleepy. I don't get funny, I don't start being all outgoing, just tired.

For years I bought into the "just say no" bullshit, and I really believed that stoners were losers and touching it would be like throwing my life away.

Then a friend talked some goddamned sense into me, and I gave it a shot.

Holy sheep shit- being even mildly high is a thousand times better than getting a buzz from drinking.

Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out why the FUCK this shit is illegal but tobacco and alcohol and even caffeine are legal. And when you look in my medicine cabinet you'll find adderall, norco, klonopin- all legally prescribed but MUCH more fucked up than some harmless weed. I don't get it!

I struggle with some serious and legit pain and stomach issues, and right now I wish to God that I lived in a MMJ state. Thinking that it might be time to figure out how to get back to the lovely state of Colorado.

Seriously, though- if pot were legal and I didn't have to deal with fear and stigma and shit, I'd never touch alcohol again. As it is, I doubt I really will- knowing that I don't like it and there's better out there.

2. Welcome to the wonderful word of cannabis my friend :smoke:

Oh and welcome to the city too man.

3. Thanks. :)

4. Alcohol is the devil's brew

5. Please, do not listen to this person. He/she obviously hasn't read GC's rules yet because we're not allowed to talk about any drugs other than mj. I'm glad you had a good experience, and I'm really glad that you have concluded that mj is better than alcohol...cuz it is. :D

Welcome to the City, man. Like mj, :gc_rocks:!

6. Thanks so much.

I've been reading on GC for a while. Being the HUGE geek that I am, and being away from any friends that can really show me the way, I had to google shit like "how to pack a bowl" and whatnot. This place has a ton of great info and I've loved reading here.

7. I agree op. And good for you. Stay away from the alcohol it's bad news. Had it been legal I may have never started.

In fact what got me started was being put on probation and I couldn't smoke so I turned to alcohol.

Now I drink two six packs of beer every night. I do like my beer but it just feels dirty and "gross" compared to weed.

8. #8 Blazedmymindbro, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Salvia sucks

9. I'm comparing them. Should I say the same thing about the OP because he's talking about alcohol? Chill out.

10. So many in my family have struggled with serious alcohol issues, and I always wondered what was with that. I counted myself thankful that I didn't really dig it.

But if they enjoyed it the way I enjoy this, well... I can understand a little better. Because I love the way weed makes me feel.

11. Oh, and I'm a girl. I gotta figure a way to put that in my signature.

12. Welcome to the greener side of things :smoke::yay:

:gc_rocks:

13. Weed is sooo much better for you than alcohol. The fact that alcohol and tobacco are legal when marijuana is not is a crime against humanity. I'm glad your friend talked some sense into you. I know a lot of people who have never tried it that would probably find great benefit from it. I think a lot fewer people would drink (esp binge) if weed was legal. I guess that's part of the reason it isn't. Too many powerful special interests stand to lose money. Seems to get in the way of much that needs changing...

14. Yep, there's thousands of people like you who were brainwashed about marijuana, glad you finally tried it and saw that there's nothing bad about it.

15. #15 The Popo, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
    please girl take my advice, NEVER TRY SALVIA atleast from my two experiences

16. Hehe, I'm a chick too. Doesn't matter. People will still refer to me as dude, man, etc. I just learned to go with it. We're all gender blind here anyway. It is the ganja that binds us, and makes us one. :smoke:

17. I feel really stupid now, looking back on my past attitudes. :(

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it sucks that something this safe and simple has so much stigma attached to it. I live in a criminalized state- and hate that I have to sneak around and hide it- yet my coworkers can brag about how wasted they got the night before....:mad:

18. #18 poker2, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
    I prefer indica or I haven't seen the right sativa.
    What do you prefer about saliva?

Sorry, never noticed what you said... thought you said Sativa lol... :smoke: :smoke:

19. lol..salvia is a legal smoking herb that can be bought at head shops.. basically its 20 minutes of hell and extreme paranoia

sativa is the opposite of indica, i prefer a hybrid indica dominant though, sativas tend to make me over analyze shit which i dont like