I may be pregnant, need opinions.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buell, Feb 20, 2009.

1. dont do drugs, just get an abortion.
    wouldent want another pothead's kid running around if your actually thinking about doing drugs pregnant even if its just weed, and you are seriously considering it as an option shows that you probably wont be a good parent.

2. Snoop Dogg is a great father.

3. #23 suburbantoker, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    i think an abortion is the correct choice here

"ask the doctor there. Or call your OB/GYN for a medical opinion."

yeah, a doctor or obgyn is gonna say that smoking weed is just dandy:rolleyes:

4. Then why dont you help her set her priorities straight?

More analogies:

If your car is broken you wouldnt just insult it and leave it alone, you'd fix it.

5. A woman i used to work with smoked twice a week while she was pregnant....Her doctor said it wouldnt affect the baby...her daughter turned out fine.

6. Yeah you know this is almost a little disturbing, this is supposed to be a community of people who support and educate each other. She has a legitimate question and half of you are just insulting her. Rather than saying "your dumb for even thinking that" provide links to research that shows why inhaling carcinogens is bad for her baby. Cmon people, try to be a little more uplifting.

I personally know nothing of the effects of smoke on fetus's otherwise I'd help ya girl!

7. Well, me personally, I wouldn't take any chances. THC effects the way that the brain runs and works. There's probably a 1 in 100,000 or less chance that it would effect the fetus negatively, but that's still enough that I personally wouldn't take the chance.

8. Whoa Whoa everyone! Thanks for the supportive and non supportive replies. I did not intend to have my previous post to sound like I was really needing a joint. I am a mature female, married, and know that life is transient, things happen whether we are responsible human beings or not. I am a little stressed about this pregnancy, and it is my friday (no more work) which is my usual night to smoke. So I got to thinking, and researched the internet, and wondered what my friends in the city would think. It is still my personal choice in the end, no need to talk abortion and other things. That would start even more negative chatter on here. Needless to say, on this forum I felt that this subject would be an interesting topic, based on the different studies on the effects and whatnot. I did not intend to offend, or upset anyone.

9. i know this may sound like a smartass thing to say, but its kind of obvious what you should do. if you keep that child, but continue to smoke during your pregancy and it came out with some sort of abnormality, that would be upon YOUR hands. its time to be responsible and do whats for the child's best interests. i know you said you haven't smoked for the past 2 weeks, and that's good don't get me wrong, but the fact that you are contemplating over something like this is really shocking. lay it out like this
    smoke and risk something bad for the baby: don't smoke and the baby will come out perfectly fine.

that's my advice

10. Q Pot and Pregnancy: A Potent Mix?
    My son's girlfriend who is five months pregnant smokes pot regularly (twice a week). What harm or side effects can be expected? What are the long-term effects for the child?
    A Answer (Published 5/21/2003)

It is always best to avoid drug exposure during pregnancy, especially during the first three months, but having said that, I find very little evidence that smoking marijuana during pregnancy is as harmful to babies as smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. In fact, last year the British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology published results of a study involving more than 12,000 women that looked at the association between using marijuana before and during pregnancy and the outcome of pregnancy. The researchers found that five percent of the women reported smoking marijuana before or during their pregnancies. Those who continued to smoke marijuana at least once a week before and throughout pregnancy gave birth to babies whose birth weights were slightly lower than the other women's babies although the difference wasn't statistically significant. There were also no statistically significant differences in the birth-length and head circumference of the babies born to the women who smoked pot. Based on these observations, the researchers concluded that smoking pot during pregnancy wasn't associated with increased risks to the babies.

Link.

11. What a good friend to care enough to want to help. I sincerely wish there were more friends like you.

Marijuana is often the "drug of choice" among pregnant mothers who wish to use recreational drugs because it has not been shown to cause any predictable pattern of abnormal fetal effects. Some studies show a relation to intrauterine growth retardation, as with cigarette smoking, but this is dose-related and usually marijuana is not smoked as frequently as cigarettes. But anytime smoke is forced into the alveoli of the lungs, it is competing for oxygen which could be getting to the baby. In addition, because marijuana is not under government quality controls, any number of chemicals could be contaminating it which could be harmful to the baby.

I think that a good resource for further information would be the March of Dimes.

Link.

There are arguments that say otherwise, but they don't list anything other than conjuncture in their answers.

12. http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/310497-pregnant-pot.html

39 more posts, same topic.

Bottom Line: Smoking anything while pregnant is not good for the fetus. HOWEVER, using MJ via vaporizing, edibles, tinctures, etc. will most probably not cause any harm whatsoever, and may be helpful for the mother with cramps, morning sickness and delivery.

13. I think that's sound advice regardless of pregnancy, coke's shit.

If you want to keep the child, you'd feel so selfish and guilty if you smoked and it did have a detrimental effect on the developing fetus, I think it'd be very difficult to get a cut and dried verdict on the effects of smoking whilst pregnant though.

14. My aunt smoked in all 4 of her pregnancys and all my cousins turned out fine.

15. Thanks for the links, I will check em out. No falcon punch for me!

16. About smoking and pregnancy..

I thought this was well written:

-C

17. Babies are most prone to damage at a young age. So even if we are all pretty sure the mary j is not harmful, i still would be careful and make sure your not prego.

18. Also think of it this way, a 9 month T-break.... Imaging how stoned you will be after that t-break....

19. no but seriously

if you are ACTUALLY considering having this child

DONT FUCKING SMOKE

not to be rude or anything but wtf dude?