Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I made a tincture to put in cannabis iced teas can i store the mixture in plastic

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by cthulhu139, Jun 28, 2017.

1. So I have made two batches so far the first one i put in plastic bottles with only water and the tincture, there is a green residue stuck to the inside of the bottle. The second batch i stored in plastic water bottles again with iced tea mix in it, i am wonder if this green residue will keep happening.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Plastic is too scary. Who knows how concentrated alcohol and cannabinoids will react to it. You're probably ok short term, but I wouldn't habitually store cannabis products in plastic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. My guess is that it might be the plant waxes that would have been removed if you winterized your tincture. I'm not saying you need to winterize- you did nothing wrong. I keep my tincture in an amber two ounce glass bottle and add to beverages as needed. I wouldn't use plastic, but then again I see no harm in using plastic. Glass is just nicer. You shouldn't have lost much if any of your thc in the residue. Enjoy your iced tea, mate!