I made a game

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Sherak, Dec 29, 2013.

1. [quote name="Sherak" post="19285573" timestamp="1388949480"]Some good ideas there chicken, My record is currently about 210, the googleplay leaderboard will be on soon thou so will give it some focus.The music changes at level 6, I was gonna put new music in every level but found 5 seemed to work once you got comfortable with the game and were going for speed runs or points.The whole basinvaders project was a project used to get me up to speed with the software and the publishing process, publishing a Apple game on IOS has been a fuckin bitch!!! but just managed to get an upload today!!! after hours of messing about, I will tkae those ideas onboard for when I start to add to bass invaders but I am going back to working on this.http://youtu.be/ppBHFe2juUUIts caled "Dont shoot or I'll poop".... Help with ideas developing and testing will be greatly appriciated.[/quote]Wow nice and sweet I can't wait! Yea that's understandable and makes sense. Glad you were able to publish on Apple! Ok sounds good there. So the objective of that game right now is basically survive as long as you can? Also I will be here to help you with it. Sent from the SGS3 within the hippie circle!

2. The basis of the game at the mo is to get the high score, will be better once the leaderboard works, I have it loading up it just wont post scores :( there are 10 levels in total and the potential to get over 500 maybe much more.

Before I get stuck into Dont Shoot or I'll poop I may make a quick stoner related game, somthing like cannibalt or rat on a skateboard, maybe a hippie on a skateboard, see how far you can go, maybe through the feilds of humboldt or somthing, collecting huge colas as he ollys along :) watch this space... :)

3. rough idea, 

http://youtu.be/TrWfETxdyIs

4. i have two one is my creation and the other is a creation of someone else 

My game

title: devils whore

description: you make a devils load for each person playing ( devils load is taking a regular glass filling 7 to six 8ths of tito's vodka in then the rest with smoothie your choice then stir). and it is you play a classic rock song and each song the person has to say the title and the band if not then you drink the devils load.

Other game

title: the who game

you watch the gritch who stole Christmas and each time they say who you take a shot this game is unwinnable there are about 325 shots you would have to take.

5. [quote name="Sherak" post="19290336" timestamp="1389022753"]The basis of the game at the mo is to get the high score, will be better once the leaderboard works, I have it loading up it just wont post scores :( there are 10 levels in total and the potential to get over 500 maybe much more.Before I get stuck into Dont Shoot or I'll poop I may make a quick stoner related game, somthing like cannibalt or rat on a skateboard, maybe a hippie on a skateboard, see how far you can go, maybe through the feilds of humboldt or somthing, collecting huge colas as he ollys along :) watch this space... :)[/quote]Ah OK I agree with the stoner game, cannibalt. So for that would it maybe be like kitten cannon or that turtle one where you shoot your character see how far you can go and there are upgrades to have a better cannon. Etc. If it's like that I'll be super excited especially for the stoner theme to it. What do you think? Sent from the SGS3 within the hippie circle!

6. #26 Sherak, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014

Ha ha, Nice idea, I never really played those cannon games, will dl one now and check out, Simple Idea, Cannabis cannon :) different strains = different density's etc so each shoots diff, different dudes waiting along the track to catch the nug :)

How are you at art?

I threw this prototype together last night for somthing on the cannabalt styled game, maybe gonna add badits, DEA and stuff, idea to get as far throu mexico as poss with your stash :) simple enough, Doodle Hippy, working title ;)

http://youtu.be/TrWfETxdyIs

7. I downloaded it ill check it out after work on the shitter!!!Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. [quote name="Sherak" post="19295004" timestamp="1389085228"]Ha ha, Nice idea, I never really played those cannon games, will dl one now and check out, Simple Idea, Cannabis cannon :) different strains = different density's etc so each shoots diff, different dudes waiting along the track to catch the nug :)How are you at art?I threw this prototype together last night for somthing on the cannabalt styled game, maybe gonna add badits, DEA and stuff, idea to get as far throu mexico as poss with your stash :) simple enough, Doodle Hippy, working title ;)http://youtu.be/TrWfETxdyIs[/quote]Yea that sounds like a good idea. I don't have a tablet and pen to draw only the mouse so I'm terrible at art. Looks interesting so far. Sent from the SGS3 within the hippie circle!

9. AFAIK android uses java and IOS Objective-c for application development (i could be wrong haven't ventured into mobile applications as of yet) so do you know both languages or are you using some sort of engine like Unity and what not for your game? Either way hit me up with a pm would be nice to talk to a fellow stoner software engineer :geeking: Also good luck with your game and i'll be sure to check it out on ios.

10. I am a C++ programmer mainly writing file handling programs for windows operating systems, Bass Invaders and my other projects are made using Yo Yo Games game maker. This is a pretty powerful tool, you can throw something together without any programming knowledge however you will soon hit a brick wall, game maker itself is a great visual development tool, allowing you to manage all your objects etc visually but also allows you to write code, the language used is pretty much C, so you can create your objects then instead of using the component table just drop code into each object to manage its events.

Game Maker has a free version on steam, you gotta pay if you wanna start distributing your games but its great to take a look, take a look and see what you think,

11. [quote name="Sherak" post="19314229" timestamp="1389360088"]I am a C++ programmer mainly writing file handling programs for windows operating systems, Bass Invaders and my other projects are made using Yo Yo Games game maker. This is a pretty powerful tool, you can throw something together without any programming knowledge however you will soon hit a brick wall, game maker itself is a great visual development tool, allowing you to manage all your objects etc visually but also allows you to write code, the language used is pretty much C, so you can create your objects then instead of using the component table just drop code into each object to manage its events.Game Maker has a free version on steam, you gotta pay if you wanna start distributing your games but its great to take a look, take a look and see what you think,[/quote]Oh ok cool, i'll check it out today :)

12. Yeah bitch!!!! :) ha ha... got the message from Apple this morn that its listed on the App store, man those guys like to make things difficult.... Anyho its on the App store, happy dayzzz... check it out and hit me up with a 5 star review ;) even if you think its gash! :) ha ha... its intentionally rock but I have completed it so its possible!

Android version:
    https://play.google....vaders&hl=en_GB
    \niPhone Version:
    https://itunes.apple...d792392887?mt=8

13. c'mon blades, hit me up some 5 star reviews on the app store... :) I'm cap in hand here :)

[​IMG]

14. Hey dude, went to play and its askin for all kinds of sign in information and access to shit on G+ I guess? What's with that?

I set it to auto sign in when you open it, so it is wanting to sign into you google account so that you can access and post scores to the leaderboard. Nothing sinister homes, I figured most people would already be signed in, nice one for the feedback thou, may make it optional if its scaring some people off. 

TBF thou man, the leaderboard give the game more focus, gives you somthign to aim for/beat... Im currently top with 3 hundred and somthing :) 

16. Downloading ios version Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong. That's perfection.If you are afraid to fall, you just fall 'cause you are afraid.

17. Nice one man! let me know what you think, gotta try to get gamecenter in the ios version quick sharp, the leaderboards on Google Play are proving to be good fun.

Little app related trivia for you, I read that there are more android phones in the world than iphones however less than 3% of people who own Android phones actually download apps. Whereas upward and over of 50% of iPhone users download apps.

I didn't really know how to take that stat but I put Bass Invaders on Google play and what with the friends I have who have Android phones and you guys on here, I got 28 downloads in the first 2 weeks.

Bass invaders went on App store Saturday morning and in the first day there were 248 downloads, 3 days later and its over 500. Quite mad, there is no advertising and obviously you got to get through millions of apps to find it.

Blaze on blades! :)

18. Just downloaded it on my iphone :smoke:

19. I played the game and I can say that shit is dooooope Did you go to college to learn how to make games/apps or is it something I could get into just googling tutorials?

20. Commencing download, blade friend!