I made a bong but I don't know if it is safe to use.

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by BakedBuds, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Is it safe to use vinyl tubing as a breathing tube on a bong if no heat is applied to the tubing?
    - No heat is being directly applied to the tubing
    - The only purpose of the tubing is to direct the smoke out of one jar, into another jar, and then underwater/ice water/ice and also to direct the smoke from the final jar into the smokers mouth
    - I also have a version that only uses one jar instead of 3 and the tubing only serves as a way to carry the smoke out of the jar into the smokers mouth

A while ago I had an idea to create a bong with multiple chambers using mason jars and tubes to connect them. So I finally ordered the parts and put it together yesterday and smoked out of it, and I gotta say it hits very smooth. However, I am concerned with the type of tubing that I used. I used a vinyl tubing and I read that it is dangerous to use if it is heated but heat is only applied to a glass bowl which connects to a glass downstem. The downstem is secured by a rubber grommet and the nearest vinyl is about a half inch away secured by another rubber grommet. Also the smoke travels down the downstem, through water and then up about an inch or two before it ever comes in contact with the tubing.

Attached Files:

2. #2 JimmyCracksCorn420, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    i recommend hookah hose as it should be made for such ^_- nice work . My only concern would be any detectable fumes from the vinyl , i would not want to breath fumes from hose . (silicon>vinyl) not all products are made equal or intended for consumption purposes. Peace,love and Chicken Grease

3. Thats is a very good idea JimmyCracksCorn420, I will look into using hookah hose. I hope I don't have to re-design it too much to make the hoses fit.

4. Thats is a very good idea JimmyCracksCorn420, I will look into using hookah hose. I hope I don't have to re-design it too much to make the hoses fit.

5. Woah! Sorry about posting the same thing 3 times I didn't think it was loading so I clicked post 3 times

6. you should be able to choose hose size etc... i think it would be great with hookah hose ^_- even get a hose to make jar connectors .

7. Looks good to me, much better than what I'd smoke out of before I could buy glass.

8. looks good to me. if you cant find a hookah hose to work you can use some silicone tube for the mouthpiece. its more wiggly lol than that pvc or whatever tube you have there

9. youll be fine i smoked out of a hosepipe bong for years and im not dead lol. the shit they put in fast food is a lot worse for you than homemade bongs

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum