i love u

Discussion in 'General' started by HelloFriend, Feb 9, 2012.

1. i am afraid of getting sober... I have been going straight 29 days. tomorrow will be probably my 30th and my last day in this cicle of being high. Because i will be out of weed and no money left. I gotta be sober for like... 6-7 days... suggestions for those days? I also go to gym, it helps too but not completely.

2. My suggestion: stop focusing solely on your life as sober vs. high. This is how mental addictions are created. Let go of the weed, enjoy your life, and come back when you're not letting it control your thoughts. No offense, but your post makes me think of the DARE kids they always showed us in middle school.

3. I haven't smoked weed in 2 months and I honestly don't know when I'll ever be able to do it again. You'll get through it just fine. Keep yourself occupied. Watch movies. Do something other than just sitting there thinking about getting high.

4. be thankful you won't be shitting & puking yourself like stopping a real drug cold turkey. bud is harmless & not a real "drug" so to speak. the worst that will happen is extreme boredom.

5. this too shall pass

6. I love you too.

I'm on opposite end.

Few months and I can enjoy cannabis!

7. no its actually easier to want to get bud when you cant sleep, cant eat, cant think of anything else but weed.

8. Let's try an experiment. I'm going to replace the words 'get bud' and 'weed' in your quote with several other words.
    See? Weed is like anything else that's not physically addictive. It's all in how you think. Think about something else dammit and if you can't, DO something else to distract yourself! If you say it won't work, you're just making excuses to not do it.

9. If you think its hard to stop smoking weed, never try anything else. Its been 2 weeks since i stopped using and i sleep maybe 2-3 hours a night and spend 5-6 hours just laying in bed tossing and turning

10. actually i dont want to get laid when i cant sleep or eat but ok..

i think your too high to understand what i fuckin said.
    i said ITS EASIER TO WANT TO SMOKE when you cant sleep eat, etc.
    MEANING ITS HARD NOT TO SMOKE WHEN YOU CANT SLEEP. high muthafucka..

11. [quote name='"CKTony"']My suggestion: stop focusing solely on your life as sober vs. high. This is how mental addictions are created. Let go of the weed, enjoy your life, and come back when you're not letting it control your thoughts. No offense, but your post makes me think of the DARE kids they always showed us in middle school.[/quote]

This

[quote name='"ghostonvacation"']this too shall pass[/quote]

And this

12. Day 3 for me brotha. Stay strong.

13. Sounds like you would be screwed if you ever had a withdrawal from something serious.

14. lol i see we have some true fiends here. Its not that serious guys. If weed becomes something that you are dependent on to function properly you probably should quit it and never smoke again

i smoked for years straight then stopped cold turkey for months at a time, and had no problem sleeping, eating or doing anything else at anytime during those periods, and you know why? because it is not physically addictive

15. [quote name='"9Peace"']lol i see we have some true fiends here. Its not that serious guys. If weed becomes something that you are dependent on to function properly you probably should quit it and never smoke again

i smoked for years straight then stopped cold turkey for months at a time, and had no problem sleeping, eating or doing anything else at anytime during those periods, and you know why? because it is not physically addictive[/quote]

well aren't you special. not everyones like you, hot shot. hunger is in your head, it has nothing to do with physical addiction. weed fucks with your hunger receptors, thats why people complain about not having an appetite. without weed your brain doesn't recognize that you're hungry. its some basic science shit.

16. I can personally say I smoked for 5 years back East every single day, stopped cold turkey 6 months before I moved to Cali. Didn't smoke for 6 months at all. I was absolutely fine. Being that I have Degenerative Shoulder Disease & have been prescribed real narcotics since 15, stopping that cold turkey is pure fucking hell. I will never, ever go through that shit again. Ever. Thank God for MMJ.

17. .......would you mind citing the research you acquired this knowledge from then?

18. It should be pretty difficult at first dude not ganna lie

But by the third day or after a week

You should be fine

I had to stop for two weeks once
    When I would smoke 24/7 all.day everyday

And the first day I was extremely irritable and got pissed off at little.things

But it gets better each day

Stay strong bro

19. its hard to get over the one thing that relieves anger when youre around people that bitch and complain about your every move and always at the threat of being kicked out..

20. I haven't smoked in almost 2 weeks, simply because I wanted to prove to myself that I could quit. The first week was super shitty but now life is normal and I am enjoying the sober life :cool:

It really isn't bad, man. Just find a hobby besides getting high. I work out all the time now because it keeps me occupied and is definitely better for me than smoking all day.