I love my boyfriend too much.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by PastelDragon, Dec 29, 2019.

1. #1 PastelDragon, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    I used to be biased against pot but as I've got older I was like fine what ever it's got it's benefits for sure there's worse things, I'm a hermit so I wasn't around it much BUT then... I met my bf, I love him but when we are together and I see him blaze up, past prejudices twist and turn in my belly. I feel sick, I want go to the nearest corner and bawl my eyes out. I feel insecure, like being with me isn't enough... to me I feel like being high is like an escapism thing. Maybe it's that far off look in his eyes, the lethargy.... I dunno... I love him with my whole heart and I know he loves me. It's not fair for me to think/feel this way, I am ignorant, I've never been high a day in my life. I've tried to smoke different ways many times but I think I'm doing it wrong either way I'm gonna try edibles with him soon. I want to understand, no, I want embrace this part of him. I'm scared if I never get high I'll never understand and I'll always have these horrible feelings when he smokes. I want to understand. Maybe someone can help me get some perspective.

2. I see no need to comment on your relationship or anything to do with that...though I can understand it might be a challenge if he's getting stoned all the time and you're not into it. I admire that you're thinking about things.

All I can suggest is if you're not completely against the idea and want to give yourself some perspective, try it until such a time as you have what you'd consider a successful experience with it.
    What methods have you tried thus far, and quantities etc? Any notable effect whatsoever?

For me it's never been an escapism thing - more just a relaxing thing.
    I can't speak for him, or anyone else..just saying that at least for me, escapism not the intention, and nothing I've observed in too many others would indicate that too much either.
    It kind of just relaxes the body and mind, alleviates or at least puts aside some of the stress factors we all encounter in our everyday lives. It's kind of just a bit of a barrier to that...it doesn't change who you are, your thoughts and feelings only become more easy to access, elaboration on these concepts is often more succinct and palatable than you may expect.
    A guy once told me he thought I was in "my natural state" while stoned...take that for what it is.
    It can be great for introspection, and can open a person up in a way that they can much more easily talk about themselves, their emotional state, perspective and experience...the thing is, you may not have been receptive to noticing that, if these negative thoughts and concerns have been at the front of your mind. Just something to ponder moving forward.

I mean for me...it kind of does something that vaguely parallels alcohol, at least in terms of level of effect and it's relaxing qualities...but all the negatives of drinking, the loss of control, the likelihood that I'll do or say something stupid are all significantly less and the carry-over effect to the next day isn't half as bad, in fact, it's not bad at all...I feel great in the mornings and aside from a few back/breathing issues, I get good sleep...though I vapourise only so again on this I cannot speak for others.

Dunno what to tell you, go in open minded.
    I'm sure you're aware of your own level of concern...just open yourself to the possibility to explore if it's actually warranted or not.

All the best, and I hope you might find some bits and pieces in here at all useful.
    Later.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. It's thought of as the equivalent to drinking for most folks. It not about escaping at all. Maybe you could ask him what it does for him personally so you could better understand.

4. COMMUNICATION IS KEY!!!! IF YALL REALLY DO LOVE EACH OTHER LIKE U CLAIM U SHOULD BE ABLE TO TALK TO HIM NOT ON GC FORUM!!not bein a cock but he the only one that can explain anything to u

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I personally never thought of it as escapism for myself. We started passing joints in the 6th grade and it's just been a part of life since.

• Like Like x 1
  6. you sound obsessed.

not in a good way.

7. CheebaWeeba, I appreciate your insight, ive tried smoking with him multiple times few times from a bong, few from a pipe, and most times if he's rolled up a joint. I think I'm inhaling wrong tho cause it never gets me high, for bong or pipe I cough way worse and it makes hella sick (to the point where I'm kind of scared/anxious to even try anymore) like I said I'd like to try some edibles cause smoking is just really unpleasant.

HIGHliketheSKY, smokeout69, I have asked him how it makes him feel and he says that it does relax him, but I kinda always took it as like "I'm so relaxed I'm not all here" I'm not all there when I drink so . I do talk to him, I usually just express my frustration that smoking isn't doing anything for me (because I think I'm inhaling wrong or something). He's been down for trying edibles but there isn't anywhere near here that has any so we'd have to go out of our way to get them. I actually did try to talk to him tonight but I think like most times I have the courage to try to he's busy, or distracted. Another thing is I don't want to make him feel like I'm nagging him, i don't ever want to make him feel pressured to not do something he enjoys (that's harmless) because of my personal issues. So I just bottle it up. I came on here cause so far I haven't been able to get high and I want to know how others feel getting stoned.

8. Well, first of all, if you go and take edibles with never getting high before you're gonna get really really high. Much higher than he gets on the daily with a tolerance. The first high is always super strong. So you might get a skewed idea of what he's feeling. Weed isn't exactly like alcohol but it's the closest thing society compares it to. I don't think he's "blacked out" like alcohol as weed doesn't do that. Weed makes you feel mellow, calm, makes you realize the bullshit ain't important. Lessons the need to talk, but your mind is still there. Makes the moment more intense, for example with eating, everything tastes amazing like it's the first time. It makes you smile and overall just feel good. Weed can't kill or hurt him. I think if you love him as much as you do. It shouldnt be hard to accept his marijuana use. As for inhaling, take a puff, immediately inhale more air before exhaling. Inhale all the way. Then hold it and let it out. You should be feeling something. I smoke for the body high. Weed keeps me from negative thinking and overthinking and makes me realize it ain't important. Weed helps me with my social anxiety and other fears. Basically it just amplifies your current mood. It isn't something that's completely separating him from reality or anything drastic. I'd just read around the forum and leafly.com tells you a lot of the effects so you can understand. I hope you're able to get past this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you, I really do want to except it, and I honestly could benefit from it, I tend to bottle things and think it could help me relax along with my sleeping issues. I know it's not gonna hurt him -set aside that fantastic coughing- I really genuinely want to accept it, and take part. It's just in the moment my emotions and past vices creep in, I'm trying to get past them. I really appreciate your insight, I do find it helpful xo