I love marijuana.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PeruvianDank, Aug 18, 2012.

1. #1 PeruvianDank, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    I just do.

This plant is so...noble, wise and kind with the heart. An enchanted garden. It takes my mind on a eternal journey into the vast reaches of the universe, places where light doesn't venture into and where stars succumb to the night in a beautiful display of Death's grandeur. I can travel to every and any planet in the universe; full of craters, mountains,oceans, trenches,thunders and lightning, storms and strong winds they are. Reddish surface or cloudy atmosphere, levianthanic endless fields of ice, or harmoniously spinning rings of matter mathematically spaced. Perhaps some flourishing with Life under the protection of their guardian Sun, some devoid even of dirt.

There must be a plethora of cultures, life forms, civilizations, beauty and more, out there, waiting to be found or hiding to not be. Think of all the artwork they might paint, the verses they might write and the symphonies they might perform.

But the herb isn't just an all-is-well panacea. It's a double edge sword. In the same way that cannabis crowns you, so too, it shall crucify you. It will accompany you through the barren deserts of your negative emotions and feelings, and it will take you to the edge of the abyss and help you stare deep inside your soul or essence and reflect critically on your flaws. You will come out a better person if you take it with honesty in mind.

Also, the senses become acute and sharp, instead of listening, one hears the melodies, we don't look anymore but start to see, stop to taste and begin to savour the earth given food. Creativity sparks and swells, visions extend beyond the horizon and peace finally arrives.

Most of all the experiences written above carries into the normal state of mind we are used to after a while. And it's mesmerizing to think that this psychotropic flower develops all that in a fleeting ethereal domain almost non existent, in thoughts and feelings; yet it affects our self, positively, in its totality.

Anybody else feels this about the herb? :smoke:

2. "One will find in hashish nothing miraculous, absolutely nothing but an exaggeration of the natural. The brain and organisms on which hashish operates will produce only the normal phenomena peculiar to that individual -- increased, admittedly, in number and force, but always faithful to the original. A man will never escape from his destined physical and moral temperament: hashish will be a mirror of his impression and private thoughts -- a magnifying mirror, it is true, but only a mirror. "

3. I both agree and disagree with that statement :smoke:

4. "Ah, thus it is that our material origin is revealed, Hashish" cried Sinbad; "we frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. Are you a man for the substantials, and is gold your god? taste this, and the mines of Peru, Guzerat, and Golconda are opened to you. Are you a man of imagination -- a poet? taste this, and the boundaries of possibility disappear; the fields of infinite space open to you, you advance free in heart, free in mind, into the boundless realms of unfettered revery. Are you ambitious, and do you seek after the greatnesses of the earth? taste this, and in an hour you will be a king, not a king of a petty kingdom hidden in some corner of Europe like France, Spain, or England, but king of the world, king of the universe, king of creation; without bowing at the feet of Satan, you will be king and master of all the kingdoms of the earth. Is it not tempting what I offer you, and is it not an easy thing, since it is only to do thus? look!"

At these words he uncovered the small cup which contained the substance so lauded, took a teaspoonful of the magic sweetmeat, raised it to his lips, and swallowed it slowly with his eyes half shut and his head bent backwards. Franz did not disturb him whilst he absorbed his favorite sweetmeat, but when he had finished, he inquired, -- "What, then, is this precious stuff?" :smoke:

5. Yes i too agree, and disagree with that quote. I feel marijuana can be a lens, more than a mirror at times. It can give you an alternate perception, it really lets you to see things from a different angle, if you allow it to. If only everyone would use it for its "spiritual" or eye-opening experiences in my opinon, and not as an intoxicant to dull yourself and forget reality.
    I probably am guilty of dulling myself at times by over-indulging, but i dont feel it is unhealthy or hindering my life at this point.