I love Lightning Strike

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Superjoint, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Nature; the most beautiful and serene is often the most ruthless and destructive.

tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o10_1280.jpg tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o9_1280.jpg tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o8_1280.jpg tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o7_1280.jpg tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o6_1280.jpg tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o5_1280.jpg tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o4_1280.jpg tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o3_1280.jpg tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o2_1280.jpg tumblr_n0u4fkvRhh1sov9l9o1_1280.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  2. Thanks for this, the past few days I have been checking out videos of lightning on YouTube, especially some cool slow motion videos.

One struck a tree and blew it up like dynamite.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yah lighting is cool af

Just some super hot plasma fucking anything up in its way. Watching lightning go across the sky in storm clouds and stuff is cool too

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. If I could have a super power...yeah this!

• Like Like x 2
  5. I've always loved to watch volatile storms since I was a wee lad and just yesterday I sat on the porch with my pit bull and yoked up w/the symphony of thunder, lightning and chaos. Beautiful! Stay Green

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Make the most sense. I really can't see a Neanderthal w/a bow drill or even early homo-lerectus. Historically, man dose learn faster by example. Good thinkin posthuman. Stay Green

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Imagine if man could transmit power this way. Through the air.

dilligaf

• Like Like x 2
  8. I absolutely love lighting and thunder! It energizes my mood and love every second of it.

Back in '97, i remember walking home from school and it was dark and cloudy all week without a drop of rain. Suddenly this very thick string of lightning shoots across the entire sky, sending shoots off its side. I have never seen a bigger lightning stroke than that one, it was like 100 times larger than any I've seen with my own eyes. Within seconds I was entirely drenched, ruining everything I had in my backpack. They called that el nino, unlike the puny 2015/2016 one we had.
    Though last October I witnessed a lightning storm that went off every 10 seconds, managed to get a handful off blurry shots.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nikola tesla babay

• Like Like x 1
  10. That was going to be my reply, but knowing me, it would have been too predictable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. A couple lightning pics I've taken:

It's so difficult to time these shots just right.

lightning.png

lightning 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Damn! Its cool to see lightning go across like that, but ive never seen it so straight and wide!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I used to live within 200ft of a cell tower and the lightning would hit that thing and the crack would be so loud that it was deafening and felt like it could stop your heart. Loved that stuff...