I love dogs so much its unreal

Discussion in 'Pets' started by VikingToker, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Anyone else share an unreasonable affection to dogs?

Finally getting my own dog soon. If I love other people's dogs so much, I can't wait to have my own.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Just be careful when walking your (prospective) pooch! There have been problems with dogs accidentally getting "high" in areas without public restrooms!

Marijuana toxicosis in dogs in Melbourne, Australia, following suspected ingestion of human faeces: 15 cases (2011–2020). (Australia) (abst – 2021) Error - Cookies Turned Off

Cannabis can be fatal in dogs (very rare and usually only when mixed with chocolate which is also poisonous to dogs). But in "Two hundred and thirteen cases of marijuana toxicoses in dogs". Two hundred and thirteen cases of marijuana toxicoses in dogs - PubMed “All followed animals made full recoveries.”

And your dog will eat your stash if given a chance! A friend's dog, Prairie Dog, a little 20 lb terrier mix, ate almost a full ounce of good Columbian weed that was left on a low coffee table. She was miserable for hours, pissed herself, fell down the stairs, vomited, and finally slept it off. She was perfectly fine the next day without any veterinary assistance. Don't leave your stash where a dog can get at it!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. @ the "disagreeable" person- just what part of my post do you disagree with?

That some humans will defecate in parks, beaches, camp sites and/or walking trails, if there are no public restrooms available?

That dogs will eat shit?

That cannabis can be (rarely) fatal in dogs, especially if mixed with chocolate?

That some dogs will eat cannabis to the point of having a bad reaction?

That most dogs recover from "cannabis poisoning"?

Or do you disagree with not leaving your stash where dogs (or kids) can get access to it?

:confused_2:

Granny

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Checked another box VT, Reasonable politics and a dog Lover.

Goober I and have some great smoke for you when you pass though So AZ.
    0210201628a(1).jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I do too brother. They have unconditional love for you if you treat them good. Man's best friend.
    People have hidden agendas, dogs don't. Nothing but loyalty to you. If you are down, they know it, feel it and come to you, lay on you, lick your face, lay on your feet to help you feel better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Thanks Granny!

I live on the border of a town in Norway, with a mountainrange in my backyard. I'll be walking my good boy in the wilds, and since the wife doesn't like me smoking around the house, my stash is in a box in the woods.

I'll get a lock for it. :smoking:

What's with the scar on Goober's face? If that's what it is?

Yeah. :) Wife's family has a dog. I'm really attached to it - they live on a farm in Lithuania. Back in the time which they grew up in, everyone had a little patch of land for self-sustenance (good citizenship in the Soviet Union)

- and a guard dog. And Rikis the guard dog is a motherfucker. He hates everyone. Except me. :D

I'm trying to get a pet, though, not a guard dog. Have a reservation for a Bernese mountain dog, it's my absolute favorite kind, and I love pretty much all kinds of dogs from the little shitty chihuahas in rich lady's purses to working farm dogs like pyreneese.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. @VikingToker I thought it was just some slobber after a good head-shake on Goober's part.

And I really miss having a good big dog. Haven't had one for over 25 years, but the landlord says nope!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sounds good ! You have a better perspective than those who want dogs to intimidate others.

I knew a guy who had a rottweiler and he did not train it properly so it terrorized the neighbourhood and had a hard time walking properly without bumping into my feet on narrow pathways.
    It was a good dog with a bad owner.

Bra du bryr deg og er glad i hund. Det er artig og engasjerende :) hvis du har vært i Budapest f.eks. så er det en helt annen kultur der, de fleste hunder går fritt og fint sammen med eieren sin. Norge er spesielt med tanke på båndtvang.

Pro tip: legg hasj i en tennisball son du leker med hunden din med så kan du lære opp hunden din til å finne ting. Dine egne ting og andres ting på dine skogsturer...;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Im happy for ya! I think everyone should have a dog. Ive had dogs my whole life, and lucky me,my oldest sons fiance just finished dog training college. Shes always got a young dog with her :).
    My plan is to build them a house within an hour away and help out with dogs and grandkids :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Granny nailed it, Slobber and he love's spreading it around.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I fucking love dogs and my wife is a dog trainer. :cool:

You definitely seem to have your head on straight. If you get a Bernese you'd better have a good vacuum. lol. I know, I'm a golden retriever fan myself.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I Love All Doggies Too But Especially Pitbulls. I Always Had That Breed Asa Pet/Animal Friend Ever Since I Was A Teenager!

First One Was Named Capone Back in Kingston An I Rescue Him From A Bad Life Of Bein A Fighting Dog An I Believe I Made His Last Years On Earth Happy Ones Instead Of Bad or Tragic.

The Second Pitty I Had I Had I Raised From A Puppy An His Name Was Monty. He Was So Loyal An Got Along With My Kids An Was Very Protective Of Me An My Kids. Unfortunately He Just Went To The Rainbow Bridge Early in 2021 An We All Miss Him Greatly But We Still Have His Ashes Tho.

3rd Pitbull We Got Just A Few Months Ago An He Still A Lil Puppy Basically An My Husband Training Him. His Name Is Raider An He So Adorable An Full Of Energy It Is Heart Warming An The Kids All Fell In Love With Him Quick Too. He Going To Have A Great life With Our Family! <33333

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Jeg har vært på Bahamas og Bermuda, der går det vilde hunder rundt. Ikke farlige, lissom (kanskje litt sykdommer), men det syns jeg var trivelig. Har ikke vært i Budapest :) Men nå fikk jeg lyst.

Kjempebra tips med tennisballen. Men ikke fortell det til for mange andre. Da finner de stasjet mitt kanskje! :smoking:

Thanks for sharing that! One thing that's been holding me back honestly is this awareness that the dog will, as you put it so nicely, go to the rainbow bridge.
    Where have you heard that saying by the way? You are from Jamaica and your reference for passing on is the old Norse religion's way to go to Åsgard which is like heaven kinda (you party a lot). Heimdal is the guy who stands at the end of the rainbow bridge and guards it

[​IMG]

he can't hear that shit you're talkin lmao

Anyways yeah so its scared me that the dog will pass on one day but I realize its natural and maybe even healthy to experience, especially since the kids will be a bit older then too.

Bernese only live 7-8 years. That's not long. :(

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You know the only dog I ever been chased by? It wasn't no pit bull or german sheperd, doberman or rott, it was a fuckin golden retriever. COMET, BRO. I got chased by fuckin Comet from full house.
    Shit, the ONE loose pit bull I did run into was more afraid of me and he took off running the other way when I tensed up.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Dizzy, Nov 28, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021

I Got It From a Poem Online That Somebody Show Me When My Dog Monty Pass Away. What Do You Think About It? OAN Yea I Know A Lil Someting Bout Norse Religion lol I Not As Dumb As People Think ;)
    Screenshot_45.png

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I had a beautiful puppy who developed cancer at 4yrs old. we had to do the humane thing when she turned 5. I think about her all the time. She was my best friend when i was battling mental health issues and i lost her.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  17. @VikingToker

Yo you speak Hungarian? My grandma escaped from Budapest during the war. I can't speak it but I'm half gypsy.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Dogs are one of God's greatest creations. They're an example of what we should be, loving, loyal, protective and vigilant.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hey dude nah I am Norwegian, far up in Northern Europe. Hungary is central/southeastern europe, Old Europe (Bulgaria, Hungary, Macedon), they speak an entirely different language called Magyar. Its some lord of the rings shit which has nothing in common with the Germanic of Northern Europe (Scandinavia, Germany, Holland) or the Latin of southwestern Europe (Spain, Italy, Portugal).

TLDR: No

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. So sorry for your loss, I buried my girl last week,14.5 yrs old. 1 week before she went, my dad went also.
    Both had cancer,but they both have each other now. I'll be planting some memorial trees in the spring.:) KIMG4694.JPG

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1