I' ll never vote Democrat again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 4fingerliddays, Oct 2, 2018.

1. You said it;s about the money. An economy makes money. An economy grows due to innovation. Clean energy is innovation. This innovation will grow the economy thus make more money. Which is why I said it's dumb that conservatives are worried about the money.

2. Nah dude. I want anti matter warp drive engines. Or at least I want them for my grandchildren.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. wow your really out there,bringing in hard working foreigners ,you talking about all the illegals coming over the border illegally ,that nearly work for free and lower wages, those ones ,or are you talking about professionals like brings in nurses from the Philippines or doctors from India ,professionals contribute and add to our country , the poor illegals get paid little and milk or social system dry .I welcome immigrants that want to work but not work our welfare system

• Like Like x 1
  4. You don't seem to welcome those that want to work cheaply.
    Perhaps they need to be educated on how to do it right.

:smoke:

5. Back when I went to high school we all worked at fast food restaurants,so we could have gas money,now you have people trying to raise a family on a part time low income job,.I think career first then marriage then children,I think we need to be selective with the people we bring into this country,we have enough poor people here already,it's like when you go for a job they are looking for the most qualified person,we as a country should do the same

• Like Like x 2
  6. They don't always work for much less than the going rate. I watched a Steven Crowder video where he and his crew go around trying to hire day laborers in California(I think it was Cali) for a lot cheaper than average and they pretty much all told him to fuck off :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Crowder has a good show and Jared is definitely not gay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Canada has an excellent model for this, I think. My own Norway has a decent one, too.

Can't contribute, can't fit in? No thanks

9. A couple good videos that dunk on Crowder. I think Crowder’s probably one of the worst of the yt right wing crowd. Three arrows spends a lot of this video debunking crowder’s view that the Nazis were very left wing. Also the Potholer video debunks a lot of crowders talking points about climate change and how’s he’s extremely ignorant on the science he claims is bullshit. I just don’t understand how you can deride the left for being intellectually dishonest and constantly engaging in identity politics when that’s crowder’s whole shtick. 80 percent of what he talks about is culture war garbage.

10. I haven't followed the show avidly at any point, so I can't comment on everything that is said on there all the time.
    The bits I have seen here or there were generally on point.

Considering the political climate these days, it comes @ no surprise that most of his stuff would be about culture wars.
    Considering these culture wars were kicked off by the Left's incessant push for identity politics, it comes as no surprise that figures like Crowder would rise up and push back the nonsense.

Glad to see his show doing well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Another accurate statement. Until the next editing cunt wants to show up to complain, of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Finally coming around viking. Nice.

13. I can't wait till MR TRUMP picks his third Supreme court justice ,because he will pick Amy Coney Barrett,what card could the Dems possibly play ???
    Ruth Ginsburg is 85 now and said she would like to retire at 90

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Do you believe in man made climate change?

15. I'm no expert in that field ,but yes most likely all the pollution is harming our climate

16. #217 VikingToker, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    A brief commentary on Crowder: I don't want to speak for @Praetorian here, so sit me down if I am, but given how we line up on virtually everything except McGregor's trashtalk:

We're both left-wingers, and a part of the reason why Crowder has people like us cheering him on is because he is accurately and hilariously criticizing the fanatical elements of the left that no one on the left is willing to call out (because they'll face treatment of the kind that you have previously levelled at people like Dave Rubin, for instance).

A lot of centrists, undecideds and reasonable left-wingers have gone to people like Crowder, Shapiro, Peterson, this "intellectual*[, edit] dark web" (and they must find a less cringy name for that idea group) for this exact reason.

We prefer the reasonable right-winger to the mad left-winger, even though we are of the left. Not that Crowder is correct in everything, and I certainly don't agree with him on everything, but watching him rip the fanatical left new assholes is extremely satisfying. That he infuriates that same fanatical left faction only adds to the satisfaction, because fuck those dopes, they make us all look bad.

For me personally, having had a little sister in a terror attack, watching him draw Muhammed is awesome. Because my own team - the same team that has no problem ruthlessly mocking the shit out of Christianity (and power to 'em for that!) - would only viciously call me a white male racist nazi bigot colonizer Breivik etc etc etc for daring to critique that religion.

So, it's a little more complicated than whether or not he's right or wrong on his issues. He's a cultural commentator and comedian to me, much like the entire cadre of late-night US talkshow hosts, who also say a lot of completely asinine things.

I'm also happy that he's doing well.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Good post. I'd make a lengthier response, but I'm working long @#$@% hours these days.

Watch the Paulie Malignaggi vid I posted in the UFC thread :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Global warming?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Science proves what is not. Not what is..... you have shown that you are a ideologue nothing more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1