I live with family and want to grow but don't want them to find out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shadow166, Apr 11, 2012.

1. #1 Shadow166, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
    Hi everyone :D! So I have a problem. I want to grow because here in the UK prices are shit and dealers don't even know what they're dealing so they just give you a random name :mad:
    I don't want to go through the hassle of having to find a dealer who actually knows what they are dealing so decided the best thing to do is to grow. Unfortunately I'm only 18 and just like most other 18 year olds I don't want to move out of my parents just yet. They would not be happy to find out I smoke weed and especially angry if they found out I grow weed. I respect them and would NEVER smoke in their house (part of the reason they haven't caught me yet) but I have nowhere else to grow other then my room.

I live in a small house in East London and have the smallest room in the house so I don't have much space or a spare cupboard/closet that I can grow in so I'm wondering if there are any ways that I can grow without them knowing in the limited space I have. Keep in mind I only want to grow one plant.

TLDR; I live with parents and want to grow a plant without them knowing. I have a small room and no spare cupboard so how could I do this?

Thanks in advance everyone :D

EDIT: I also have to make sure no light shows and the smell doesn't leak

2. [quote name='"Shadow166"']Hi everyone :D! So I have a problem. I want to grow because here in the UK prices are shit and dealers don't even know what they're dealing so they just give you a random name :mad:
    I don't want to go through the hassle of having to find a dealer who actually knows what they are dealing so decided the best thing to do is to grow. Unfortunately I'm only 18 and just like most other 18 year olds I don't want to move out of my parents just yet. They would not be happy to find out I smoke weed and especially angry if they found out I grow weed. I respect them and would NEVER smoke in their house (part of the reason they haven't caught me yet) but I have nowhere else to grow other then my room.

I live in a small house in East London and have the smallest room in the house so I don't have much space or a spare cupboard/closet that I can grow in so I'm wondering if there are any ways that I can grow without them knowing in the limited space I have. Keep in mind I only want to grow one plant.

TLDR; I live with parents and want to grow a plant without them knowing. I have a small room and no spare cupboard so how could I do this?

Thanks in advance everyone :D

EDIT: I also have to make sure no light shows and the smell doesn't leak[/quote]

Any chance of growing at a friends house? Tell them you'll do all the work and even give them a cut!

3. Good idea but unfortunately most my friends live with their parents as well. Maybe when they go to uni some of them will leave but chances are most will stay with their parents.
    I might just buy one of those Stealth boxes and have the grow underneath my desk with a padlock on it. Anyone know if the stealth boxes are worth it? Do they keep the smell out?

4. [quote name='"Shadow166"']Good idea but unfortunately most my friends live with their parents as well. Maybe when they go to uni some of them will leave but chances are most will stay with their parents.[/quote]

hmm well I would ask around maybe a friend will have an easier less risk situation growing at their parents house, with you being.In

5. In such a small house, I wouldn't risk it

6. DO

NOT

GROW

IN

YOUR

FAMILY'S

HOME

WITHOUT

THEIR

PERMISSION.

Very very very very dangerous

7. :( Might just have to wait till I move out then.

8. [quote name='"WildWill"']DO

NOT

GROW

IN

YOUR

FAMILY'S

HOME

WITHOUT

THEIR

PERMISSION.

Very very very very dangerous[/quote]

I would agree especially if they don't even know you smoke, imagine them finding out via a marijuana growing set up.

9. Hi Shadow,
    With all due respect theres not a chance in hell of you pulling this off. And if it's just one plant why not sit down with them after dinner & talk about it? Show medical studies about the health benefits of pot, show them, seth.org, that has film of cannabis destroying cancer cells etc. and then bring up growing. The worst they could do is say no. By talking to them about it you show your maturity, sneaking around does nothing but make you look bad.
    Cheers & Good Luck:D
    bruce

10. My dads a jehovahs witness and my mum is oriental (not crime lord oriental but get good grades or you bring shame to our family oriental) so sitting with them and talking about it is a no no. I tried telling my mum I smoke weed before but she went crazy so I told her I was joking and it worked lol. Guess I won't be growing any time soon 'cause it seems far to risky. If I decide to go to university I'll just rent a house with a few other people and grow there, I don't want to live on campus and grow there because that's just asking for trouble.

11. Shadow, Wow, you are screwed. I'm sure your parents are very nice people but your dads a jehovahs witness. Thats gotta be tough. I grew up with JW's as close friends of my family & I feel your pain.
    The nice thing about waiting until you have your own place is you'll most likely be an adult for 50 or 60 years, lol. Lotsa time to grow bud.:D
    Cheers,
    bruce

12. Yeh it was tough when I was young and was forced to do all that religion stuff (knock on houses, go to meetings etc) but when I left my dad accepted it and overall he's a great guy.
    Can't wait to be able to move out and start growing though :D but at the same time I don't want to move out any time soon 'cause I know there's no way I can support myself properly yet :( lol

13. It's even tougher when you grow up, move out & then become exactly the kind of people your parents warned you about, lol.:D
    The whole time I was growing up my mother used to tell me I was going to hell. She was a very religous church going woman. So religous that going to church once a week wasn't enough she had to go every day, I kid you not.
    When I became a teen one of the last times she told me I was going to hell I responded with, yeah ma & be with all of my friends. After telling her that for a while she gave up.
    The church was Christian, Pillar of Fire, or something like that.
    Cheers,
    bruce

14. I'm in the same boat Shadow, I feel you man.
    It sucks, but the best thing you can do right now is study growing, at least that's what I was told to do, and it keeps you interested, busy, distracted, and most of all, you learn things you would never think were important.
    So study, save up, and don't disrespect your parents by growing under their roof without their consent.

Peace, and good luck
    Xativa