I live next door to a band.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 638051, Feb 3, 2014.

1. What is Head Banging? Is it metal because I couldn't stand it for an hour. I would go with your plan, and maybe request some Jimi or Zeppelin! You could change their style for the better! I know if I played guitar that's what I'd be into. Also at least make them put up some heavy blankets. Anyone can do that. Probably don't want to spend a shit load on insulating foam but I don't know how much that costs so idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hell yeah! That sounds like a totally radical solution to a problem.  Absolutely brilliant idea.  I was expecting you to ask about how you can bring them down with the 'law'.  That's fucking awesome you want to handle the problem yourself in a sensible way.  I say do it man if they see you're cool and you just bring up the way you feel about them without 'targeting' them and maybe you guys can come to a compromise.  Hopefully both parties will be able to understand both sides with the help of some weed.  If you take some joints they will definitely respect you and look at you differently and chances are they will set up some sort of compromise for you.

3. Does insulation the garage make your music sound better? If so, then you can convince them insulating is a positive thing for their bands.

4. Just call the cops young ppl like that don't Liston

5. I'm a musician and my band plays constantly and if some old guy came over nicely with or without joints me and my band would def take your advice and invest in some kind of muffling for our practice place. Good luck man

6. There is always option # 2

[​IMG]

7. joints will equal more loud noise for that day so be warned lol.

8. I say headbanging for lack of better knowledge. It's like HeavyMetalPunkRapScreemAtTheMicCrazyPissedOffNaziMonsterShit, that makes ME want to bang MY head on stucco.

9. Oh god. I HATE that kind of music. So full of anger and negativity. Oh, and it just plain sucks. No real talent or vocals needed.

10. lol i could say sooo much to you, but it would just be contradiction so i don't even see the point. oh and you HATE something full of anger and negativity? I'm gonna go ahead and call that ironic as fuck.

But yeah that sounds like a good solution op, they'll probably listen to every word you say if you bring joints haha.

11. How can you hate a genre of music? I know eminem is an incredible artist, with a ridiculous amount of talent, but his sound doesn't appeal to me. I could also say I hate rap because of the extreme amount of negativity (fuck a hoe, I gawt my gat brap brap, money nigga) but that would be a pretty ignorant statement. There's positivety, and negiativity in any Genre in music. Music is a way to vent, happy or mad. By "hating" the negative music, your missing out on alot of great stuff, just because it's not all butterflies, and rainbows.

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. you should do it anyway, even if someone doesnt come up to you and ask. its an annoyance for your neighbors.

13. #33 Deleted member 638051, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    After a year of listening to this EVERY DAY I've heard the band one time since posting. 

Grasscity undrcover, y'think?

14. Do it. I wanna know how it turned out

Sent from my iPad Air

15. A lot of bands in the heavier side of the music spectrum have uplifting/inspirational/happy lyrics over screaming and out the balls distored drop f tuning.

16. Meant to quote that to wilbur.

yea but it doesn't make any sense because it is ugly guitar riffs with happy lyrics. they are trying to give it an excuse by calling it good music when really it is just an gross paradoxical creation.

18. *in your opinion

19. gonna rain down a super kameey kameah wavey wave and soup dish all the scrubsters. Wataaata.

20. Just happened to catch the guy pulling into his driveway. So I walked over and talked about the noise problem. The conversation went well. The noise got noticeably toned down a notch, but it's still pretty loud. I do appreciate the effort, so I'm gonna go with it. 
    It's all good.