Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i live in massachusetts and need help going about getting a card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SmokeyBonez420, Mar 5, 2013.

1. i live in mass and havent been to a doctor since i was 15. i have always just self medicated since i was 13. i have alot of issues that i have never got checked out because i hate doctor offices and hospitals. i have asthma i just never took care of it. my jaw pops everytime i eat. it cause me not to eat as much as i should cause it hurts to chew. i do construction and im 6'6 160 lbs my back always is tight and sore. pain gets bad to the point were i cant work for a week or more. i self medicated to take pain away. i sleep between 3-5 hours a night. its 530 am right now and ive been up since 214 am. i went to bed at 1030 ish. im not sure how to go about gettin a card in mass. how to find a doctor to get a referal to see the cannabis doctor. i was wondering if anyone could help me by explaining how tey got theres what u have to do. i wish now that i had gone to the doctors before but i never thought mass would legalize. so i just self medicated and diagnosed myself instead of having a doctor give me prescription pills. well thanks and hopefully someone can help me. besides saying im a moron for not going to the doctors. i kno that already. :)

Smokeybonez typically lies and is never talking about himself when he uses "i"

2. I'm also from mass and have not gotten a card yet, and don't really now how to go about doing so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

3. I too live in Massachusetts. A card won't help much since there are yet to be any dispensaries to open up. I would suggest waiting until they have dispensaries and what not sorted out.

4. There is a.place in frammingham u dont qualify you dont pay. U need medical records. And for now it is a.letter and a card will be mailed when available. I got mine. And it also allows you to grow till a dispensery actually opens

5. thanks ya i gutta find a doctor ti get records first then go to framingham. does ur doctor have to write you a referal or do u just need records.

6. also im glad there r no dospensaries id rather grow. so no dispensaries is awesome. everyone gets a hardship license.

7. #7 annatha, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    Cannamed.of framingham is the plave , and the woman befire me.got.denied for.lack of.records. So its a must to chave, and its self reffering so u gather and.bring.your records
    Forgive spelling its 7am and a snowday and the whole house is up already #facepalm

8. yeah i wish i went to doctors alot but i just self medicated. ive go to the dentist alot lol but not doctors. doctors suck i called to make an apt they told me they have a 6 month waiting list. like what the fuck. how ridicoulous is that. they said if im sick i can come during 8-10.

9. That sucks canamed had a long waitlist too I hear I called 1st of year and had a month bet its longer now, I knew it wld legalize eventuslly so my back and knee pain history dates to 4 years ago, also u can call around mabe another doctor has shorter wait, and if your symptoms are bad enough its your right to see a dr sooner ;-)

10. im hoping that they will realize that i am in constent pain from working construction my whole life. i never went cause ive already had my addiction to pills and i knew thats all they would offer me. so i just used marijuana on my own. so we will see what happens.

11. yeah im going to i have a snow day we got like 10 or so inches so im not working im gunna dedicate the day to finding a dr. i appreciate the help.

12. If.i may ask what part of mass ? Im worcester

13. just moved to south coast.

14. Just got a call a few days ago, I have an appointment in Malden at some place called delta 9

I got wait listed at marijuanadoctors.com

6 inches of snow and no power

Shiiit

15. Ive never.heard of them let us know how it goes. Gl man

16. #16 liner, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
    First up, have you ever considered a change in lifestyle?

One if the best things for your body is a good nights sleep. It seems to me mmj might not be your be all end all cure. I'm sure it can help and make your day a but more pain free but the solution here isn't a card.

Yes you should get one, and sadly I have no info but that office in Framingham that has popped up in some threads, but you solution comprising of more than a card.

Just trying to help! Best of luck and hope one day soon you find a daily regime that works

Edit: I'd suggest some yoga or muscular stretching for your back, Epsom salt baths in addition to medicating. Look into some daily methods for strengthening your back( lower or upper). For a good nights sleep look into some sleepy time tea or the likes. Get a schedule of "winding down". That's been one of my huge things over the past decade and everyone's is different. For a long time I struggle with incredible insomnia but now For example generally i sit down around 7 and watch a movie or play some video games. Around 9 ill lay down in bed and throw on a movie I watch all the time and don't have to pay attention to so there's some background noise generally a comedy. And I'll usually fall asleep around 10:30. Ill wake up around 7 and try to have as progressive as a day as possible so I can start to wind down again at 7.

It took a while but that was the first major step I seriously felt in feeling better.

17. lol ya i have tried many different things to get a goodnight sleep. nothing works but pain killers. i take 10 mg melatonen and get 4 hours sleep. whenever i smoke i sleep great and im not tossing n turning in pain. but i get drug tested so im not able to smoke like i would like to. even if i go out drinking and get drunk im up in 3-5 hrs. i have tried everything. i have sleep problems. but we will see what th dr says when i go

18. Hey, watch out with the melatonin. You are taking too much. Do your research!

19. My doctor refused to release my medical records so I had to reschedule