Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I live in an apartment with upstairs neighbors.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by missmarie, May 1, 2015.

1. I just moved into my first apartment 3 months ago and started smoking regularly again 2 days ago. Helps with anxiety, just like doing it, ect. Not going to bullshit with reasons.

My apartment is on the end and I have a neighbor above me. I don't know what they're stance is on smoking. The lease says nothing about drug use but it's illegal so it doesn't have to. If I were to live upstairs I don't feel like this would be such an issue. I have windows but their windows are above mine and they always have them open, so I've already considered that option. I'd like to smoke in my bathroom, but there is a vent on the floor and I'm not sure where it leads to; also there are pipes around the dryer/washer and I'm not sure where they lead to either.

Right now I'm using a sploof (toilet paper roll, stuffed with dryer sheets, dryer sheets and new sock tied around the outside. After I hit I blow into the sploof, hold my thumb over the bowl and spray febreze like crazy. The room I smoke in is on the very end of the apartments, so I'm mostly worried about it traveling upstairs.

I'm super frustrated because I come from a small house out in the sticks where no one gave a shit and houses were half a mile apart so I'm really not used to this. Of course I don't want to give it up, I just want to be discreet. I've thought about smoking in the car but we have a broken turn signal and if the smell stays and we get pulled over that's just asking for trouble.

Is my method good (not foolproof but better than others?) today I'm going to pick up ozium to use in the mix of everything else I'm doing, will it help?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You should be alright. Using incense will help too. Smoke by a window if you can and it will be alright. Or you can just go for a walk and find a nice toking place [​IMG] . Thats what im going to do later today. [​IMG]

3. Get a vape.....it is really as simple as that.  I sat right next to my wife and she did 3 fills last night and I never smelled it once.  We just got a Haze portable and she just loves it.  No incense, no sprays and no smell.  Plus your stash goes further.

4. I'd love to get a vape soon, but when I did my research I found that the ones people found decent working were over 200.00. As soon as I have the money I want to go with that but it's hard because I'm just starting out on my own.

I might be made fun of but I honestly don't know. I have a friend who puts together vapes for e-liquids/e-cigs. Do they have the same build to where we could build one ourselves or are they entirely different? I apologize in advance for how ridiculous I may sound.

5. #5 PatrickXy6dC, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Your questions are not ridiculous.  There is no sticky covering your situation.  Good luck.  I think you're right to be cautious.  I use a small ozone generator.  It takes about 30 minutes to clear the cannabis smoking smell.  I also burn a scented candle. The vaporizer sounds like a good idea.  Using the sploof is smart.  It's always smart to be cautious in a non legal state.
    Good luck in your new apartment, mate.

Do you smoke cigarettes?  You could always ask the neighbors if they can smell that.

6. #6 wafdof, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
    You don't know what you don't know.

My wife has tried e-cigs and the liquid makes the back of her throat hurt so they are not for everyone.  Plus you have to get the liquid with THC in it and if you are not in a rec/medical state and have a card...well it is not that easy to get quality stuff.

I get the starting out thing, it is tough.  Consider taking a walk and smoking one as in this time of the year it is probably pretty nice and a nice walk while getting high.......is awesome.

http://www.vapeworld.com/haze-vaporizer

This is the one we just got last night from this company.  We paid $189 delivered and my wife did 3 fills in it and so far she loves it.  We got a PAX from vapeworld a couple weeks ago too.  They delivered quickly and has sales from time to time.

We have a table top:

http://www.vapeworld.com/extreme-q-vaporizer

Personally I would save up to get one that you like.  If portable is what you need the Haze is ok for your purse, the Pax should fit in your pocket, but if you smoke at home mostly I would get a tabletop.

They are not cheap but they are better for you and then you would never have to worry about the smell.

You can do concentrates or regular weed in all of these.  The haze in particular can do liquids but I have read it gunks it up pretty quick where you have to clean the shiznit out of it every use....not my idea of fun.

7. Get Da Buddha vaporizer. Is like $140 and amazing.

Let's Smoke About It....
    -Adam Demamp

My Organic Grow Journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1357687-Sade's-Solar-Adventures

8. Start squishing your buds and dabbing flower rosin.

9. I think this thread is pretty much wrappedup,

1. Go for a walk and find somewhere to hit a bowl or joint.
    2. Get a vape when you can afford it
    3. Rosin if that way suits you
    4. Use sploof
    5. I'll add, smoke outside late at night. In the aprtment life you expect a lot of people smoke, at least I expect they do.

If your not a chronic smoker, take a few hits then go back inside. At the same time my mindset is a little more on the 
    side of "its just weed,im not dealing, i dont smoke much at all, chill out and go smoke your nicotine, and drink your coffee and alcohol. "

10. I think you should be good.

Better sploof -  Empty 500mL water bottle, burn a few small holes in the bottom, stuff 3-5 dryer sheets into bottle.  I find this way works better then toilet paper roll.  Maybe I just like the way it looks, but its always done the trick for me.

I don't see how rosin would help in any way.  It stinks when making it, you need a rig/some thing to dab off of, and the vapor it produces smells like the buds you pressed.  Just saying.

11. #11 TheWizardVillage, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015

When I agreed with rosin,I assumed it was going to be vaped.
    But now that I think about it can rosin be vaped?
    *I dont dab or anything so I only have the little knowledge of it Ive picked up here or heard from friends.

12. Thank you for all of the advice and I will take all of your suggestions.

On a last note though I had no idea that vapes required a liquid THC. I live in Pennsylvania so sadly no luck for me.

I believe thats only ecig style vapes. Normal vapes online are regular herb style vapes!

14. Just gotta search for a dry herb vaporizer.

Inhale happiness, exhale regret.

15. pretty much all extracts are vaped unless you top them on bowls...but even then...

16. Just close Windows and smoke in your bathroom, considering what goes on in there I doubt the vent is going to lead into a neighbours property

17. Get a vaporizer and use it by an open window. No worries about smell ever again.

No, some vapes can use herb too. I have one that uses herb.