I like AK48 :] -EbbnGro -Water cooled - Goal: BIG ROOTS

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by 4ddiction, Mar 14, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

FOAM!!! OMG OH NOEZ!!! Just kidding. Its white foam, yellow under the hps. When i added the air stone into the rez it started to make this nice white foam bubbles. After doing research its nothing to be alarmed about. My ph isnt being negatively affected, and the foam doesnt smell.

Read that this just means the water in the res is extremely oxygenated (YAY)

"AN uses a wetting agent in their base nutrient which causes a sudsy foam build up that looks like you dumped dish soap in the res! Bud Factor X, Scorpion Juice, Voodoo Juice, Wet Betty (obviously) and a few other AN products are notorious for causing foam in the res, especially when using a strong air pump/air stone."

Gonna keep my eye on this and make sure it doesnt stink. If it stays white, and non smelly good for me. If it does then a system flush, h202, and a new batch!

Opinions anyone?

2. My soup was doing same thing and i use H&G..it was the silica i added..it's not a problem but my dwc was foamy for 1-2 days..JJ talked about it on one of his threads..he don't like it either but it's not harmful

that's definitely reassuring!!

4. #224 Hortila, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
    A lot of people use a mixed spectrum through the entire flower stage or add the mh open bulb last few Weeks of flower for the added uva rays. Those help produce tricombs, but in you're case you'd have to rotate that bulb every few days to even out unless you're ok with just the Centre having more tricombs. And remember the mh will be hotter as well. But just adding a hps will add to your final weight. I'm planning a mixed spectrum grow for my Coco plants!

High much higher and why? Do you turn off the lights for the last few days?

6. #226 4ddiction, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
    In the last week you probably want the least amount of heat from the bulbs to not disturb the fragile trichroms. Also this makes the plant give its last push and to mature. I always leave the lights off before harvest. Always noticed a difference.

BTW i turned down the air pump a little and the foaming receded.

7. i took  your advice and trimmed my plnt into lollipops ..100% indica at 23 days of flwr instead of 30 days like i was going to...before & after

Attached Files:

8. At what point (if any) is it too late to lollipop?

9. Id say anything after 30 days would be too late. You would be stressing the plant too much then.

10. #230 jakesterjammin, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    Wet Betty is soap and water..........  ROFLMAO
    What happens when you pour soap into a jacuzzi  :confused_2:

:hide:

11. Some night pictures. Like how they are growing! Used a flash light for some comparison. The light is 4.5'' long

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Whats what??

14. OOPS, I meant this blurred pic....  lol

15. Oh sorry i couldnt get it to focus!!!

16. Day 33 12/12

[​IMG]

Gotta ad that third light been too lazy

17. Why do the leaves look all fucked up and wrinkled???? :confused_2: 
    You having a heat problem there or what?? :confused:

18. Nah i didnt tend to them for a few days, been out of town. Mainly nute burn. I just switched the nutes to a fresh batch.

19. Day 38 12/12

Doing something right!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

entire canopy is full of these bottle + sized colas! Cant wait! I think i have maybe 1.5 weeks left!

COMMENT :D

20. Day 38 12/12

Doing something right!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

entire canopy is full of these bottle + sized colas! Cant wait! I think i have maybe 1.5 weeks left!

COMMENT :D