I left my weed in a mason jar overnight

Discussion in 'General' started by Noodlewarrior, Jan 4, 2020.

1. So I i smoked some bud before bed and closed my mason jar where I keep my stash really tight and left it in a dark place overnight I hope that’s not a bad thing becuase I’ve heard that if I close it too tight air won’t be able to escape and damage my weed I just need clarification is my stash going to be okay?

2. You've got it backwards. You want it airtight, it keeps from drying out and getting stale.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The best storage is in a mason jar with a 58-62% Boveda humidity pack.
    You don't want it to get stone dry. Unless it was very wet and near soggy to start with. It should be kept slightly moist. Should squeeze without crumbling.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. I mean I whenever I squeeze my bud it springs back up that’s a good thing right??

• Like Like x 2
  5. mason jars will keep it fresher longer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Yah bro chillax sweet gurlie simply hey ya know. Go on Amazon they sell 12 packs of humidity gauges for like 10 bucks. Stick on in your jar

7. a single night wont make a difference even if it was a bad thing. i often forget to put my weed in it's jar again and leave it out for days. but to answer the actual question an air tight mason jar is exactly what you want. the only time you wouldn't want it is if the bud was fresh and still wet. if it's just spongy, that's about exactly what you want it to be like.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. NgcmbL

• Like Like x 1
  9. Weeds fine btw. Didn't put that in my previous,

Ive found 2 grams before in a sandwich bag in the shed once. Sat thru summer spring winter fall, outside. Still got me stoned to the gills off one bowl.
    It was just dry

10. Dang lol and I’m here panicking it’s just that I’ve never bought in a large quantity before and ion want my money/weed go to waste

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Use the smallest jar it will fit in loosely. Any lidded glass jar is suitable. As it gets drier it'll get more harsh. Right around 55-60% humidity is the ideal long term storage.

BNW

12. You want it kept air tight bro, that is what keeps it fresher longer.