i know when weed will be legalized since i know ur dieing to know

Discussion in 'General' started by negligent, Mar 10, 2008.

1. whenever we run out of oil, or oil gets so scarce that the price of it is too ridiculous to pay, weed will be legalized, well maybe not weed, but hemp (which comes from marijuana) will indeed become legal

henry ford designed his first automobiles to run off of hemp oil

make sense?

and since hemp can be grown, theres no need for finding sources of it, since there can be an endless supply

2. im not dying to know, so dont assume.

personally i think all advocates for the legalization of marijuana are morons.

thats an interesting theory though.

i never thought about that.

3. Nah man by the time we are out of oil we are going to be able to generate clean electricity and have plug-in electric cars that can outperform the internal combustion engine. Weed being legalized will have nothing to do with using its oil as an alternative fuel.

There is a good chance that economic reasons will be the main motivating factor for government to legalize.

Once the recession we are in gets bad enough, there's going to be enormous pressure on the government to do something about it. Legalization could provide a massive stimulus to our economy, and who knows, maybe pull us out of the downward spiral towards a depression.

4. maybe, but aside from hydro and wind powered electricity, the main source of electricity is through coal, and coal is also a fossil fuel that can run out

hemp oil FTW

5. Weed will be legal when we stop getting a bunch of potheads on a forum asking about heroin crack coke acid shrooms x morphine oxy dxm mescaline dmt opium meth adderall xanax and soma and valium, AND THE LIST GOES ON.

6. dude, this forum has nothing at all to do with the legalization process, so quitcher bitchin

it has everything to do with lazy stoners like you who want it legalized but dont want to do nothing for the cause except sit on ur ass n smoke weed

not directed exactly towards you, but its the mentality of most smokers, everyone wants it to be legalized, but nobody wants to take any action themselves

its kinda like the event that happened in new york where there was a women who got mugged and assulted and there were tons of witnesses in their apartment buildings who seen it, but nobody called the police because they all figured that someone else had already called or was going to call, no one actually took it upon themselves to take action, they jus hoped someone else did it for them

7. i agree on the pharm part but the psychedelics are fine

8. So where does the electricity come from for your electric car?:rolleyes: Most oil is burned in power plants, not your car;). So Hemp is a likely replacement for fossil fuel. Corn actually takes more energy to produce than it makes with ethanol. Ethanol fuel is just a fad that people like because it seems earth friendly, when actually its not... Hemp has the potential to become the worlds biggest cash crop.

Hemp seed also has more usable protein than even soybeans. Hemp can also replace trees when it comes to making paper. Cannabis is probably the best plan in the entire world in every aspect yet its illegal... go figure:rolleyes:.

Oh and to OP, i dont think that higher oil prices will directly lead to hemp legalization in anyway... Although i do think hemp legalization is imminent, its too valuable a plant to stay illegal for much longer. (IMO)

9. Hah MORONS? I dont know where you get your skewed point of view from, maybe youre a drug dealer.

Elaborate more eh?

10. its a step closer man..a step closer to heaven.

11. i agree with this mostly... a majority of pot heads have tried some of the above, and some do most of them recreationaly. marijuana will always be treated like it fits into that group by society because, honestly, its used that way by stoner poster boys.

12. I'm not optimistic about that. Even if things get bad - apocalyptically bad - history has shown us that the powers that be will trudge forward stubbornly and not dare to think outside the box. Just look at the number of "cleaner future" initiatives that are gathering momentum now...and how many of them have dared to mention hemp?

13. i do apologize to bring this news to most of you, but the matter of "oil" thinking its going to last a long time they are wrong. i hate to say it myself, but the only way we are gonna lose the war in the middle east is that if it takes long enough and dragged out then we are gonna be running low on rescources, over in kuwait (my mate is there for 4 months working with his dad), they can fill a humvee/hummer for £4! Thats like 8/9$!! Over in england that would cost about 110£ seeing as its tank holds bout 100 litres.. i personally dont think we are far off oil extinction at all, i reckon give it 15/20 years and its going to be dry, we've already gone way over the 1/2 way point with oil consumption (like we have used over half the worlds oil already) and with more inventions and just everyday life from millions and millions i honeslty dont think we have that long left :)

14. It does fit into that group... A group that should have no business being illegal. All drugs should be legal for ALL adults to take if they so choose. Prohibition doesn't work, hasn't worked, and will never work. I say we try something new.

Look at it this way... You hate when people dislike you because of your choice to smoke pot. Well... a crack addict hates the same thing. Especially when neither of you are actually doing anything wrong except to your own bodies. That is, of course, unless you decided to do something stupid while on the drug.

15. ... so how is weed in the same group as all those?

16. Uhh, because most everyone here prances around with photos of weed and those "other" drugs. Especially this being a cannabis forum.

17. Again, how is weed in the same group as meth?

It's a cannabis community. We collaborate on many things. It doesn't matter what drug it is, i'd rather help/educate someone than shun them. It's crazy how many smokers here think their shit don't stink.

18. Hey I am not putting down anyone who uses them. Its not my human right to look at people and judge them by what substances they use. What I do know, is that the only illegal drug thats going to enter my body is herb and its going to stay that way. Although I DO wish that people on this forum would stop posting pictures of their adderall and shrooms along with their bud in a cannabis forum section (there is a specific forum that they can do this in).

19. ding ding ding.

you cant pick and choose what is right and what isnt.

its all about the personal freedom to choose what you want to put into your body.