Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I know weed is not ADDICTIVE..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KelseyCannabis, Jul 10, 2013.

1. But I do believe I am starting to become Dependant on it.. Mentally.

I'm a 20 year old single mom and I live (and take care of) my physically disabled mother.
    I've been smoking since I was 13 but didnt do it regularily until I was 17.
    I smoke everyday but in the past month or so I've noticed I'm starting to need it more. I smoke it before bed cause it helps me sleep, I need to so it before I clean (it motivates me and my OCD kicks in lol). I'm starting to get moody when I Dont have any, or I haven't smoked any at all that day.
    My whole mood just changes and I'm ynhappy until I have some.
    It doesn't really affect my parenting but I do get angry with my mom every so often.. When I have it I have no problems lol.
    What I'm tryna say is I Dont WANT to be so dependent on it. I want to be happy even if I Dont have any. Like I was a month ago lol.. I Dont want to care if I have none to smoke.
    I've been very fortunate with my mom helping buying it or friends fronting, cause all the money I have goes to my son, he always comes first so I guess its good that I Dont spend my money on weed before I buy him stuff, which I definitely don't want it to come to that.
    Do I have to completely quit or is there something I can do like cut down and eventually start becoming less dependent on it and suffering the week or whatever t takes til the "dependebxe " goes away?
    Lol. Sorry if this is a stupid ass question but I really just need to ask someone for advice lol.

2. #2 llllllllll, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    Weed is most certainly addictive.  Anyone who says otherwise is sadly confused.

Best way to get through it is to just man up and tell yourself you are better off without it.  I do experience a day to 3 days of unhappiness  / uneasieness when without weed.  you just gotta fill that time doing something else and power through it.

3. Anything can be addictive. You sound addicted if I were you I would quit for a week and then just do it occasionally. It really sucks that you are addicted though because the best thing is just to not get addicted in the first place.

4. My opinion is that you should just make it a part of your life, but not make it your life.

Also, just smoke less.  Next time when you're thinking, "I need to smoke right now," do so,

but wait an hour or two (longer is perfectly fine, if not better.) After waiting an hour, smoke

half the amount of weed you normally do and try to go four hours without smoking.  Again,

Smoke half the weed that you normally would smoke. 

5. im sorry to hear your situation but your not addicted it really sounds like you need it, but you need much less, if i were you id only take enough to be come tolerent with your mother/ family just enough not to get angry suually 3 inhales shud be fine ur not high but you are slightly buzzed also; i get like that too cranky n shit mgiht not be the same but like seems like  everything makes you more angry than they should yeah haha sorry im really blazed rght now i hope this made sence i dot mean any offence

6. #6 Pkrangerown, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    Marijuana is just as addictive as candy, once you get a taste of it you'll want more, there is no physical withdraws but it very easy to become agitated and loose the sense of connection with life (less emotional, etc..). The only way to counteract this is to either stop smoking altogether, or just accept you enjoy it and smoke constantly as I've chosen to do.. Marijuana is a medicine and isn't a drug, and you shouldn't feel the least bit worried that your slightly dependent on a medicine. I know I wouldn't be worried if I was dependent on taking a multivitamin and fish oil pills every morning (which I do) just as I am dependent on taking marijuana everyday, which has been proven to prevent neurological disorders, cancer, heat disease, and the list goes on.. If you are an everyday medicater I highly recommend buying a vaporizer as it is easier on the lungs, and conserves your herb big time.

http://valetudocafe.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/125-year-old-woman-claimed-smoking-pot-everyday-was-her-secret-to-long-life/

7. How often exactly do you smoke? I'd recommend buying a portable vape such as the magic flight launch box (can't rexommend it enough) and just taking a few sips a day, or every other day just to take the edge off things. It will help conserve your weed too. Not really sure what you can do to lessen your "dependence" besides cutting back :/ maybe vaping would help since the highs are milder an smoother IMO

8. T-Breaks. They help.  :metal:

9. There are some people that I think are simply "better off stoned." It magnifies certain positive qualities you have sober and minimizes negatives. Sometimes this is across the board, and sometimes it just presents a mind set that would aid you in your sober life. Are you one of these people? idk, sounds like it to me.

For me, it's about maximizing efficiency. I am FAR less lazy after smoking and even smoking indicas I fall asleep easier and am less tired (Hate OTCs and RX sleep aids) which leads to me also being more productive. Any benefits I gain though carry over into sobriety, in that it makes perfect sense. Just an altered perspective I don't usually think about.

Weed "would" be heavily addicting for me if I could get "fucked up" all the time like I did when I started. Not quite on the level of alcohol, but almost tripping and never being sober. However, as tolerance builds you can't quite get there and if you want to be there you have to take a break, keeping things in balance. On the other hand, the more you smoke you can appreciate the mellow highs and slight alterations. Perfect for me. Other things don't have this nifty feature :p

I'd try for a 24hr or 2 day t break and see how easy it is. I'm always surprised by how high I get off so little when I don't smoke for a few days. I try to keep it at 1/8th a week or less. That's my equilibrium, good luck finding yours.

10. #10 Pkrangerown, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
    I honestly couldn't agree with you more OP, I don't get nearly as high now but i feel as If when I'm high I get very friendly, and am willing to do anything for anyone in there benefit whether that be caring for my 2 year old niece or getting my grandmother something to drink, when I'm sober ill do it but I won't necessarily enjoy it, but when I vape a little and do the same things I get joy out of helping others... Idk if that makes sense or not

As far as the 8th a week, I try to stick to the same thing.. Two .25 vape packs a day, vaporizing really stretches your herb I highly recommend any daily user gets one, I would veer away from the MFLB though IMO it has to high of a learning curve and too little vapor production.