Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Know Some of you Older Heads Feel Me...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by trikky, Jul 30, 2008.

1. When did schwag become mids? I mean, it all comes from Middle and South America, it all costs about the same when it comes into the US, it all has seeds, and it has all been bricked.

I mean, there is already a word for that, it's schwag. It doesn't mean you suck for smoking it, but that is what it is! When did this whole "mids" thing become the norm?

2. marijuana quality has just gone up over the years. The lows are getting better and the highs are getting higher. That's just how it is with drugs as they're synthesized or in this case bred with each other to make new strains. In my area we really don't have shwag. It's pretty much mids, kb's and headies/name strains.
    and while i may not be "older" I do know a thing or two...

3. I didn't say you didn't know. I didn't even say ALL the Older Heads would understand. Read more closely. I'm not criticizing, just wondering.

4. oh no I know, I'm just saying for all those out there who I know will criticize, because I already have been. But that's how things go over time. It's getting to the point where mids are being phased out in my area, their prices are dropping, and so are the prices of KB, basically, kb's are our new mids.

5. Word, it's nice to see someone around here keep a level head to answer a question, rather than immediately assume I'm trying to be an asshole.

6. mids are better than shwag around here. mids are just decent pot. not amazing but not gross

7. yeah every place in VA ive gotten bud from ive NEVER known a dealer to sell schwag. that might be me bein kinna lucky tho. but all the bud ive seen that was called mids was actually mids. there have been a few times where ive seen ppl buy mids that looked and smelled like schwag, but i didnt know the dealer and it wasnt my money so i didnt really care. round here tho you wont hear about schwag unless someone is jokinly call their, or someone elses bud that. pretty much mids and up is all there is

8. seeds or dirt bricked weed definitely = schwag. I view mids as decent smoke, just not covered in crystals or some very nice strain

9. i feel ya trikky! although i dont see as much schwag weed as much as living in miami, but seriously its schwag.. not mids

10. I'd rep you, I gotta spread it around first. I'm glad someone feels me though.

11. Ive sorta noticed that but kind of in a different way. It seems like the schwag has gotten schwagier and the dank has gotten danker.... Mids seem to be a little lower quality but not to much.

12. My dealer texted me one day asking if I wanted any midgrade. I asked him what it was like and what he wanted for it. He said it was what he sold me a couple days ago.. Oh.

You should see some of the "nugs" down here in Louisiana. People smoke entirely too much of their own product.

13. I buy mids mostly, but around my small town everyone just say regs and I don't have problems with getting some decent nuggetry.

I haven't even heard the word schwag around here in a long time, we just say bobby brown, but we never see it anyways... although its the one thing that's available 100% of the time haha.

14. yeah i heard about that schwag shit , i dont know what u could compare to schwag weed in canada..... cuz we get ALOT of barn weed (weed that was grow in a barn) and some of that isnt the best but most of it is good...

15. man when I started we mainly bought "leaf and tips", it was hard to even find buds
    ..these days even the lowest quality is at least buds, dried out nasty tasting buds but at least it's not somebody's fan leaves!

16. i agree w/ the dude who said high end weed is just better.

now we have all this kush, and diesel etc.. years ago it was either "skunk" or that nasty brown shit with the chopped up seeds in it :( maybe the occasional thai stick or something.

todays schwag for the most part (there are exceptions) would have been pretty dank in 1980 lol.

17. I've come to the conclusion that mids is just nice regs. Still bricked, still has seeds, but maybe it's more green instead of brown, or maybe it actually has some trichs on it.

Still basically shwag, just nicer shwag.

18. i mean it goes schwag, mids, beasters/kb, headies, name/medical...

thats how i always saw it

19. I guess some people say I'm an old head.

Here's how I figure out my mids, shwag and headies:

1- Shwag is brick weed full of seeds, leaves and big stems. If you get seeds in every bud, it's shwag. If you get lots of fat stems (>5mm thick) and/or big leaves, it's shwag.

2- "Mids" are usually bricked like shwag but have little or no seeds and stems. Unlike shwag, good mids could be unbricked and very fresh. They look like headies but the trichomes are hard to see. Basically some weak headies. If I can't easily see the trichomes with my naked eye, I consider it to be mids. Crappy mids can have seeds sometimes but it shouldn't be in every bud.

3- Headies are the good shit. Unbricked, unseeded and visible trichome crystals. Heads are usually fresh but you can sometimes find dry or bricked heads at a discount. I just puff and moisten those up with some orange peel.

20. I wouldn't consider something Mids if it had lots of seeds. Most mids I get have 5 seeds per eighth max. The last mids I got had no seeds.

To me, mids is like shwag but with much less seeds and stems. If you're getting seeds in almost every bud, it's just regs.