I know, please tell me it is not.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by KeralaKrush, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Hey gc's, Im first time micro grower(closet) unfortunately I only germed one seed as I did not have the resources to do more back then when I started and it is Caramelicious(also known as Kerala Krush). It is about one week in 12/12 cycle of lights(flowering). It seems to me as a male, but as I am beginner I would like to hear your opinion as I do not want to kill it without being sure. I know the picture isnt the best. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Thank you, appreciate it. Can someone tell me what is the best way to get rid of a male without being too noticeable? I mean the smell and what it include. Thank you :(

3. #4 BadKittySmiles, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
    All is not lost (well, not entirely).... you have two slightly better options for 'getting rid' of him, besides just disposing of him.

1.) Flushing and chopping him down now, for edibles, and you'd only getting a few doses (if that... not sure how big or small your fella is), or, 2.) germinating and starting your new plants and growing this guy out until one of two things happens; A) you run out of room, or B) he threatens to drop pollen, which would require that you sterilize your grow space. Either way, you'll have a little more than you do now, and since you weren't expecting to harvest any time soon anyway, you may as well wait if you've got room for a few small seedlings along side this guy, so he can grow a bit more as you start your next batch.

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to BHO, but made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

Sorry about your boy problems, hope this helps a bit. Good luck! :) :wave:

PS - The best edible oils are odor free, if that's a concern.. it's all in how well you process. And the same goes for how well your edibles work... make sure you follow the tutorials. If you cut too many corners, you'll be lucky to get a single dose out of that guy! And if edibles aren't your thing, just follow the oil-free smoke-able portion of the tutorial in the first link, and enjoy a small preview smoke or vape of your own, home grown concentrate :smoke:

4. Thank you so much, Ive tried lots of different forums before and this is the best. People know how to communicate in here and help a lot. Thanks I will wait a bit and try some of the method. Appreciate all the time you spend to post and help me.

5. This is how it look now, I hope you can see something from these photos.

I know the lower part of the plant isnt getting enough light, I will try to improve that the next grow

Attached Files:

6. I would let him mature a bit more and save the pollen! (run a search) Brush a little on one bud of your next plant- Free seeds for your future grows!

And males may pleasantly surprise you- some are as potent as their sisters!

Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco. (abst – 2005)
    Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Moro... [Bull Narc. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

"In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops."

Granny

7. Thanks, and do you know how long should I let him mature before making some of the edibles mentioned above? because I dont think I will want to pollinate any of my females if I get some in the future. I would like to do some crossing of genetics but I dont have the sources and space to do it now. And by the way I just got some female seeds now and I hope they've been feminized the proper way, not the hermie way, so I will try and germ one the next grow after I figure out what to do with this guy. If I will have more space I will use the regular ones Ive got and plant more of them in hope I will get some females.

8. BadKittySmiles that information you posted is f next level. so f thank you for that. I would do them even if I had a healthy female. Thank you I will read them all coz I only red one. Its interesting reading

9. From Mel Frank's Deluxe Marijuana Grower's Guide: "Although marijuana lore claimed the female to be the more potent, scientists disclaimed this. ... In fine marijuana varieties, male and female leaves average about the same in cannabinoid concentrations. Either a male or a female individual may have the highest concentration in any particular case... The largest variation is in comparing the flowers. Male flowers may be comparable to the females, or they may not even get you high. It seems that the higher the quality of the grass, the better the male flowers will be..."

10. On the other hand, most posts online by people who've actually smoked their male plants say it's hardly worth it...

Try for yourself: take off one of the top buds, dry it in the microwave & smoke it... Then report back here.

11. Ive cut off the branch leaves and put them in shoe box under a radiator. I smoked it. ALL I can say is the males ARE USEFUL. I did not let them grow any more, didnt flushed couple of weeks with pure water before the "harvest" and didnt let them 12 hours in dark before the "harvest" BUT if I did, the quality would be a lot better and comperable to some of the females. The taste is great(spicy, peppery but smooth with scent of lemon I guess) I had a little head up high, quite nice and take notice I only smoked about 0.2g out of my small corn pipe :D. If you have high thc tolerance it is still a great replacement for tobacco + the fact I didnt take the right steps to harvest.