i know nothing about this

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by screech, Apr 3, 2012.

1. in all my years of smoking i have never before come across a seed. i just found one the other day in my baggie of really nice bud! it looks like a viable little friend and i'm considering chucking it in a solo cup with some dirt and having it hang out in my window.

i know nothing about growing pot, but i know how to farm, so it can't be that different, right? just leave the window open a crack once the little one is done germinating, keep temps high enough, keep soil moist? i'm looking to spend no more than $0, is it possible to get flowers this way?

other questions: seeing as i'm clearly not growing for anyone but me, and my bud consumption is on the low side (go through maybe a little more than a gram a week), is there a way to definitely limit size? like, are there methods for making your plant short and bushy? how large can i expect? and in how long?

is fertilizing necessary for bud development? most vegetables need nutrients to flower and produce fruit, but the nutrients they need are often already in the soil. is this the same for bud?

i figure i have nothing to lose but the seed. best case scenario, i make off with a few grams of homegrown, worst is i don't.

thanks everybody! :smoke:

2. If you know about farming you know alot already. Cannabis has specific things that it likes but all of that is easily researchable which I suggest you do...stickies on here google some grow guides.

For the most part how big your plant gets is up to you. Cannabis takes on average 1 month veg 2 months to flower. However long you veg determines how big it will get in flower. For every 1 foot cannabis will double to sometimes triple in height on average. So if you want a small plant grow it till its about 8 inches tall or something. Theres a section on plant training check it out.

On nutes cannabis is nute senstive and nute hungry at the same time. if your using soil yes it has all the nutes it needs for 3-4 weeks after that theres really nothing left in it. All the soil is is a suspension for the roots basically you have to add nutes to feed it. Cannabis has different nute requirements in veg and in flowering.

Cannabis is also light hungry you will want full sun or lights on for quite a number of hours a day but you can read up on that easily.

3. If you throw it outside and let nature take care of it, you'll get something. It'll probably die in your window in a solo cup, unfed and underlit. It's naturally a big plant and has needs to produce any usable bud.

4. My friends had a very healthy plant in their dorm room window that got quite big until it got confiscated. I dont think its possible to flower a plant in a window sill unless you plan on never having any lights on in that room at night that would disrupt the darkness.
    If you wanted to spend no money on your grow, the best thing to do would be to find somewhere to plant it in the ground outdoors.

5. thanks for the info, guys! i'll keep on reading and someday will grow something excellent.

seems like i will postpone this venture, as i only have 6 weeks left at college and doubt that i'll have anything to show for in that time. ah, well.

6. Ya, 6 weeks is quite impossible. Keep floating around and read as much as you can, it's not really that complicated. And be safe!