"I know about your kids and your pot religion"

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mnemonicsmoke, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Thats what my psychiatrist told me
    heres the deal

i've been under mood stabilizers, anti depressants, briefly on an antipsychotic from diagnosis ranging from major depression to schizoaffective disorder (kinda like schizophrenia + bipolar divided by 2)

the point is cannabis has really been a relatively new thing for me. I've been turning it down since i was 9 and I never tried anything until i was almost 18 and not because of peer preassure.

Since i've started smoking pot my life has either dramatically improved with purpose or unchanged. I've been beginning to feel sick of all these pills so i've gotten off the antidepressants and planned to remove the mood stabilizer lithium for physical rather than psychological reasons (it makes me thirsty and tired)
    So i schedule an appointment with a doctor to figure out reasonable way to come off the drugs. hes a new doctor so hes asking me questions ive had to answer possibly a hundred times.

Do you take any substances?
    so i say cannabis
    How much?
    I'm puzzled... "what do you want to know" potency, quantity, inebriation?
    I don't know you tell me, he says
    i tell him occassionally and that its moderately stoned

This is where i recoil
    He tells me this is the cause of my emotional instability, that its the cause of my psychosis, this man i've spent 10 minutes talking to knows all of my problems from their root of their evil ...CANNABIS

I never smoked pot until it was already determined i had psychosis, not until a year later. Remind me the order of causality.

Hes telling me it kills brain cells
    I tell him really? I heard a new study saw evidence for neurogenesis. I said "wow it kills and makes new brain cells at the same time? thats incredible"
    He tells me i'm addicted which is odd because to me when i smoke a pack in a day i feel addicted when I smoke weed once a week i feel no cravings

I suggest we use the compuuuter and search for the evidence of cannabis hole causing properties he declines. as i offer evidence of its benefits in my life and medical benefits i've read he tells me

yeah i know you're not the first kid i've seen

Yeah I know about your kids and our pot religion

I'm not good at controlling myself...but i did it

So what do you guys think...does it make sense to you that cannabis...THC...a chemical similar to serotonin that has a receptor that built in our brains that readily welcomes it....You guys think that puts holes in my brain
    That it is making me 1/2 as intelligent (his words)
    That it make me emotionally unstable?
    That i wouldn't be better off smoking herb (not to self medicate) than if just accepted that the only thing thats going to improve my life is medication to erase any scratches of individuality

I don't...but I'd like to hear from you guys.

2. I would have flipped the fuck out on that guy...i would have given him sooo many facts about the truth about weed...dont go back to that guy, hes an idiot, get a new doctor or psychchiatrist or whatever he is cuz hes dumb as fuck

3. good job telllin him man. what a faggott doctor he should know that it only gives benefits. bro you should come in with like a packet of papers about weed and show it to him. peace and love bro

EDIT: im giving you rep for doing that man

4. Don't listen to people that you know don't have any idea what they are talking about.

5. i'd tell him i'd rather be half as intelligent than half as gullible as he is.

6. What a douche, sorry you had to deal with that.

But hey, who came out on top? A bunch of marijuana smokers are now hitting their bowls, logging into GC, and talking about this dumbass psychiatrist.

And he doesn't even know.

7. ignorant people piss me off so much. good job keeping your cool because i dont think i would have been able to.

8. never overestimate a doctor, they spend years in school learning a new form of blind stupidity. Doesn't it seem like medicine forgets it's own work time and time again? Especially with a blind eye toward cannabis. Cannabis is the most studied medicinal plant in history, first being studied 3500 years ago (Emperor Wears no Clothes, Jack Herer).

So far as I am aware, medical science has only come up with one serious reason not to use cannabis. Younger people with a genetic history of schizophrenia should avoid it until around the age of 25. There is a study that shows doing so would increase chances of developing full schizophrenia for life. That would suck.

This doctor seems to be forgetting that a huge part of science is observation. If someone finds something that removes symptoms or causes, they have just applied medicine. Who gives a f*&^ if it's cannabis or sea salt. Doesn't mean it's for everyone but if it works then it's medicine.

Or maybe he's worried you'll spread the word and we'll have a lot fewer mental health patients to feed the medical corporations.

9. Weed puts holes in your brain?

... and I'm the fuckin' Pope.

10. lol at him, get a new doc.

11. *tokes a bowl* hellz yeah :smoking:

Seriously though, that guy is an idiot.

12. Man, I've smoked pot more this school year than last, and my grades have improved. I guess holes in the brain make you SMARTER.

13. time to get a new doctor
    [​IMG]

14. #14 THCBandito, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009

Hah that's pretty funny, especially since it's the DEA's biased interpretation of pro-MMJ doctors, straight from their website! But you put it to the best use i've seen so far :smoking:

Shown here: Stumble Weed

But as for the person you saw, absolutely get someone else who has a brain

15. Same here, and as with my friend. She found out he smoked a few months ago, and threatened to drug test him. The funny thing is, his grades went down ever since he stopped, and she blamed it on withdrawal. So about a month ago he just said "Fuck it, what do i care if she knows" and we've toked up every weekend since, and his grades have improved drastically. She still thinks he stopped though, so she rants about how he's overcome his addiction... We just can't wait for him to get tested and to show her both his 3.8gpa and extremely high THC levels. :smoking:

16. -study high
    -take the test high
    -get HIGH scores

17. i wouldve asked him who the fuck gave him a degree in psychiatry

18. your psych is obviously uneducated. Tell him he was lucky to get his job, and to go back to school.

19. Let's put it this way, my older brother, who is 27, was the one who got me into weed, he's a college educated mechanical engineer, making 90,000$ a year in his twenties, is a pretty big pothead, and has been since he was 15-16. He is also certified to teach calculus at a university level.

Or this way, I myself am a pre-med student who has performed well in school all his life, i've been smoking since I was 13. I am on my way to becoming a member of the same team as this crazy ass dude your wasting your time with, and i'm doing it with a joint in my hand bro.

You could say that perhaps my brother and I are the exceptions, part of the few who can function well on weed, but they'd be wrong because there are countless examples out there, and if this doctor would care to research the topic for 10 minutes he'd realize he's got his head up his ass:D

Just my stoned ass opinion, of course:smoking:

20. Good job holding in your emotions. :devious:

I would fire your psychiatrist if I were you. :smoking: