Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I kind of DONT want pot to be legalized (read and give your 2 cents)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by live_die_toke, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's the deal, I've been smoking pot for about five years and I feel like I am officially submerged into the marijuana culture. I appreciate trying new strands, the smells, the tastes, the smoke, the high, my "relationship" with my dealer, the pursuit of weed; I enjoy it all. I feel that all the things I enjoy about pot are so BECAUSE it is illegal. Think about it, do you think it would be fun to be able to go to your local Wal-Mart and be able to purchase some commercialized weed from some prick with a name tag? I personally don't think it would be the same! How about the idea of people being able to just walk outside and smoke a joint? It wouldn't be FUN. The ILLEGALITY of pot sort of forces me to into semi exclusive, super chill places AWAY from the authorities. Maybe I am wrong, but I personally think the ILLEGALITY of pot fosters a subculture that I don't really want changed. What do you guys think? Am I making a valid point?

2. i get it but you should be smoking because you like it. Not because its illegal.

3. yea i love being prosecuted and arrested

4. [quote name='"preewee"']i get it but you should be smoking because you like it. Not because its illegal.[/quote]

This.

5. If pot were legal i'd imagine it being more like Amsterdam coffee shops than walking into wal-mart and buying a pack of doobs

but i get what you're saying, you like the rush of doing something illegal. I don't think its marijuana you like (i'm sure you like pot, but) but i think its the thrill of rebellion that gets you off, isn't it? :p

6. Kind of thinking about it I wouldn't be able to get marijuana legally if I wanted to if it was legalized because I don't have a MMJ card. But I could probably get one because I actually do have pain in my spine and neck all the time and when I smoke the pain goes away for a couple days.

7. Yeah i totally get what you're sayin man. Weed being illegal sort of makes it more fun. If it was legal, it would be like the government just taking our whole industry from us and doing their own thing with it.

8. [quote name='"Datrok"']yea i love being prosecuted and arrested[/quote]

And this lool.

9. Some people might think you make a valid point but it doesn't even matter. What matters are the quality of lives of people. With weed being illegal it causes people to be thrown in jail/prison and such things can ruin someones life. It also makes good medicine with no serious side effects unavailable to people who need it, forcing them to resort to bullshit. Their lives are more important than any amusement we get from it being illegal

The culture would continue to exist and thrive whether weed is legal or not. It would still be just as fun. If it's less fun if it's legal, you might be in it for the wrong reasons.

10. Dude:
    "I appreciate trying new strands, the smells, the tastes, the smoke, the high, my "relationship" with my dealer, the pursuit of weed; I enjoy it all"

Trust me. I smoke because I ENJOY it, but your not understanding my point. I just think the overall experience wouldn't be the same...

11. If it was legalized weed would be of a higher quality, because i think they would enforce a standard of how potent the weed must be that you sell, so you dont get cunts selling manky shit, it would also be easy to get and no dodgy deals and shit.
    Also i dont think people would just walk out and smoke joints on the street, you are not allowed to drink on the streets so i think the same rules would apply to weed.

12. The Government wouldn't be taking our industry just making it a legitimate business, imagine if the best growers were allowed free reign to grow as much plants as they wanted, legally.
    they would be the high quality shit that you buy

13. I agree with OP 100%. I've often thought about the very points you brought up. I love the "underground" feeling of weed subculture.

14. Hahaha well you can keep those 2 cents.

15. All the things in your experience would remain.

Stores will sell weed but people will still be growing their own (many people will actually. Tons of em) and they will sell it. So you'll still have your dealers.

You wont be able to smoke a blunt walking down the sidewalk. It will be like drinking.. when in public you still sorta have to hide it most times. So you'll still have the fun of concealing it from authorities.

The strains will only get better. More research and development will be done. You'll be able to enjoy all sorts of new strains and pieces.

If weed became legal we would not lose the culture we have now, only minor aspects would be changed.. and honestly those aspects NEED to be changed. It might become commercialized (because it's not already to an extent... right?) and corporations might try to take charge but you can easily reject it all by not putting your money into it.

16. nonsense. weed seems like its legal for many people in my state, Colorado. it is amazing to be able to go and get some of the best herb in the world all around colorado and have restaurants and new strains/products/ideas all the time

17. It's a valid point. But you got to look at all the positive effects coming from it being legalized. Like, don't have to be paranoid about the police when you get pulled over and your holding. You would never have to take the risks of getting caught and put in jail. You always have a safe place to buy weed at. It also helps those that need it the most, people that have problems with there bodies and smoking weed helps relieve that pain.
    There are so many positive things from legalizing weed. It's gonna happen soon to.

18. No offense but people like you are people I do not enjoy smoking marijuana with. Same as the kids who acted liked marijuana was acid and they were tripping the first time the smoked it. Its just weed chill and be in it for the greater good of the herb. Think about the fathers, mothers, business men, etc that want to hold a reputation yet must violate the law to enjoy the herb. Trust me people could still grow and people will still deal, just like In cali. People deal and then there are dispensaries.

19. Id much rather have it be legal. It would be much more convenient.

20. This is true, my "rant" was based off the assumption of never getting caught by the authorities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.