I just want to say this....

Discussion in 'General' started by xyser, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Pot is great. Once I started to smoke, I told myself that I'd only smoke during the weekends. This whole weekend idea work for awhile, but then I'd always smoke a lot during the weekend and so I would never do my homework and stuff. I smoke during the week sometimes and I smoked for a whole week just for "fun." (BTW it was so fucking fun, but that's besides the point.)

I've always struggled with school and shit, but I finally had my mom agree to retest me for ADD...the last time I was 'boarderlline' ADD and yet my mom wouldn't let me take a test again. Two/three years later...it's finally been done. Last wednesday I took an ADD test...it seemed like I struggled with all those questions, but who knows. This next wednesday I'll finally find out if I have "ADD" or whatever.

My life is pretty messed up IMO. I'm going to stop smoking IF I have ADD, since you have a higher chance of getting addicted. My shrink and other people asked me if I'm "self medicating" will weed...and ATM it seems like it. Even if I don't have ADD I'll most likely slow down on the smoking.

I've never been "addicted" to anything....well kind of. I think a mixture of having a habit of playing lots of video games, a history of family alcoholism, and maybe having ADD is enough for me to handle, therefore that's why I want to stop. I don't want to become a "lazy" kid. I know, even if I still smoke I won't be lazy. Period. I'm athletic BUT I struggle at school. I don't want my parents to be like....You are doing so much worse at school SINCE you're smoking...ect.

I'm really big into reading things when I really want to. Before I tried any drug I did my homework and stuff. IMO reading is the key to understanding what's going on inside you. So you can understand other people who or were in the same position as you might be/are.

Weed is awesome...and it effects me soooo much more dramatically then anyone that I've talked to. That's when I started to wonder if I really have ADD. One of my friend's friend self medicated himself for around 20-30 years...he was pretty messed up inside, but did not have the skills to handle it himself, so he used weed. Weed makes everyone feel better...it's just fun...but yeah.

Just wondering if anyone has had something like what I'm trying to explain happen to them/known a loved one who has had it happen.

I'm guessing most of you are stoned off your ass right now!
    Enjoy :smoking:

2. I'm not sure I know what you are talking about, I'm pretty baked though... ok yeh, I had to read it again.. LMAO. Yeh when I first started smoking I always said that I wouldnt smoke much... but now I smoke all the time, Its not a big deal to be smoking.

3. You sound young in your smoking career.

Once you smoke for awhile you can do anything stoned, Normal and jus it seems normal. Shit alot of times ill smoke and then be like damn i need to do this and this and this and this and do all that shit.

But when i was younger, Yeah id say it got in the way of alot.

I dont know if thas what your looking for or what lol.

4. Don't fall in the ADD crap. I've read and heard enough now to calmly realize it's a load of bull, with no psychological basis. Another way to push drugs, in short. Most of it really has to do with your eating habbits, and can be totally corrected in weeks.

But I still suffer from what would be considered diagnosed ADD lol. And weed was probably the best thing to ever happen with that. My mind is so much clearer now...

Reguardless, I agree with what KSR said for the most part.

Oh, one last thing. The not doing or having a hard time with your homework probably had a lot less to do with ADD, or even weed. Standardized learning really just isn't gonna work for some people. They can be the smartest person you've ever met, and still sucked in school, and maybe never turned in a page of homework in their life.

Most people are too quick to slap some scapegoat on that, because they think the education system is perfect. Weed and ADD come up a lot :p

5. OK, first, tune in this station. Oh yeah.... No, no! First! FIRST, smoke a bowl of kief or something. Wait. There. Ahhh. Much better. Then the tunes, and now light a cigarette. :D

Yeah, I'm in my mid-30s. 2 kids, professional, responsible, etc. When I was a kid I used books and films and games and television and music (oh God, the MUSIC!) and alcohol and weed and acid and shrooms and sex and anti-authoritarianism and drama and photography and philosophy and lobster tails and bacchanalian ski trips and summers in hot places and rum (did I mention alcohol?) and—well: I used all of these things attempting to escape the giant impending wave of reality that eventually began to crash over me when I was 19 or so.

Today I still use all of those things. Well, not the acid and shrooms so much anymore. :D But I've learned how to integrate these things into a life that I want. Which for me (so far) is a life where I have the greatest chance to connect with the people I care about.

Like, yeah, these parents and brothers and sisters and straight-edge responsbile energetic types are more often than not complete morons. And they often *do* lack the more intuitive and imaginative qualities of us layabouts. They need us, to be sure. But we need them. Those morons are our families; our flesh-and-blood. And every so often—for no reason that makes any sense on God's green earth—one us thinking types falls in love with one of those dunderheads. Whatever the hell "love" is. :rolleyes:

But anyway, meet them halfway. Do good for yourself. That's all they want. That's what *you* should want. Don't sacrifice your identity or anything, but don't *expect* them to understand you. That's what makes you so fucking cool. Cultivate that beat. Do a little marching. Bounce to your own beat, but at least do a little marching, you know?

http://www.buzzoutroom.com/listen.pls

6. Medical marijuana for ADD and its good for kids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj72e5q61Fs

Heres a video on marijuana and ADD, ive read little on the subject but everything ive read backs that it helps for ADD.

7. Word to that, brother.

8. I have to say you are 100% correct on this one-most teaching is still the same as it was in 1970- in MHO we are a completely different generation than them, and should be taught differenty as well.

I do believe some people do have trouble paying attention though-but wtf, not everyone is supposed to: be/think/act the same.

I also believe weed is not for everyone though as well, and I have respect for you for considering it may not be for you or may be too much at the moment.

EDIT:: +rep btw for considering weed may be a contributing factor- although it may not be as Foydian stated, but I think it is important to do so.

9. I also believe a lot of today's parents simply suck when it comes to disciplining their children. Yeah, I said it. Teach your kids to fucking sit still. It's not that complicated.

10. skidoo, your first post was excellently put. +rep if i can.

OP, I, too, have the dreaded ADD, so i'm speaking from experience. You're obviously pretty new to smoking, and it sounds like you're not totally comfortable in your high. I don't know about you, but i learn better when i'm ripped. have you tried to study/do homework while you're high? It helps me focus so much better, especially if it's something like history. I'm able to basically put myself into the history i'm studying, like i'm part of the story, and i retain things so much better. i'm pretty certain that the weed isn't making the ADD worse, it just sounds like you're not using your time very well.

11. fuck i had something i was guna say.oh yea after uve blazed for a while u get use to it.fucken shit im lit,i cleaned my baby mad good and shes hitting the spot.that california doja gots me so high