I just want some reassurance on sex

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Suppa_K, Feb 11, 2010.

1. So I am pretty sure this plant is male here, I am seeing multiple sacs, and this one seems to have developed out of no where much faster then the others, I mean I am going to inspect more on my other four but I think this one is no doubt male.

I am kind of happy because that way I can finally trash one and have much more room and light for the other plants.

My only concern is its just weird how they can all look the same like that but be either male or female, I just hope I dont end up with only males..

[​IMG]

2. Bump I really would like some feed back, im tight for space here so this will help things so much more.

3. looks male to me.
    sorry bud
    :(

4. definitely a male

5. No doubt in my mind. The goods news is that male flowers within a strain usually appear first. If your plants are very identical but the others have yet to show sex, I'd think that the rest will likely be girls.

6. Yeah, only one other can I see very small sacs kind of forming, but only singles, can anyone tell me if the calyx(sp?) are the same when pre flowers start forming, as to why some people say give it a few days.

This one thoughh I have no doubt in my mind also, just because of how many it has sprouted.

7. that pic is male, nice and topped though.

8. From my observations, the calyxes on the female preflowers stay stuck tight to the node - no little stem in between. By the time I even find them, I can already see the tips of a couple of hairs beginning to stick out.

9. I agree 100%. Males have a small stem before the balls, females are stuck right to the stem.

SuppaK, the pic is a male :(. On the bright side, it looks healthy :D.

10. I had all my F's show before my males. Thought it was unusual. Had to remember that of the 3 M's, 1 was started late, and 2 were not the same strain as the other seedlings.

Good luck!

11. Male for sure, when you see a male what do you exclaim? *Balls!* with a good across your chest shucks air punch.