I just want one little plant...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SunAndSand, Feb 4, 2013.

1. So I have tons of seeds and I want to grow just one plant in my backyard just to get a feel for it. I have green seeds & brown seeds & I heard that you use the brown? How do I know if they're good? I have no idea where to begin (What type of soil? Big pot, little pot? Best spot in the yard?), I don't even know what time of year is best. Please help & don't make fun of me lol. & sorry if there's another thread out there like mine but there's a ton to search through.

«I smoke. I surf. I get tattooed.»

2. Use brown seeds over green. Easy quick way to test if it's viable (like a dirty test) is to squeeze it gently between two fingers and add pressure. If it holds, it has a good chance of being good. If it crunches, it wasn't good.

Small pot to begin with if you're going to be doing it outside. I've never done outside, but I think it takes a lot longer than doing it inside because of light and temperature. I've read within a month of last frost is when you want to plant outside. But best to wait for someone else to explain that.

3. Ok, awesome. So will the green seeds ever get brown? Sorry if that sounds dumb.
    How come it takes longer outside? Because of the light exposure?
    I live in Texas so I guess it is plenty warm enough now.
    Thanks for the help btw :D

4. Just understand that I'm a noob too, so make sure you don't just follow my words as gospel.. I'm just repeating what I've been told and what I've read.

It takes longer outside because of how the plants respond to light. Light is one of the big keys in how fast and big your plant will grow. Inside growers use 24 hours of light a day for quick plant growth and harvest. Outside, you are using the sun. Better quality of light, but you are only going to get 12-16, maybe 17 hours a day of light, and a few hours of that will be sunrise and sunset. More light = quicker growth. From the (very) little I've read on outside growing, it can take a year (spring to fall.. say March to October) to grow a plant. Inside, plants can be grown continuously in only a few months.

As for the seeds, I don't think green seeds eventually turn brown. But on that, I'm really not sure.

5. Oh wow, I didn't realize it took that much light. I'm going to try it out though. One more question, do you know if the humidity levels outside are a big factor?

6. If I were you, I'd really look through the outside growing section of the forum. I'm sure there is tons of information... I've been on here a while and I'm still reading through outlines and recommendations and such. Just haven't looked at anything for outside since I'm doing inside.

7. Check my grow out, just done it in the corner at my place easy as search first outdoor grow.
    Peace

8. Cool, thanks guys

9. Most def look through all the stickies. It should answer most if not all of questions
    :smoke:

10. grow guerilla...

this will be my fourth year doing it outside, and my first grow with more than just 1 plant :)

last year went awesome though, i dont see a reason not to scale it up, gonna do 10 this summer/fall :)

i started basically just like you, stuck with the same strain from the beginning, i know it now, and know what size i like to grow it :)

learn to make your own organic teas and soils:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]