I just thought of something..

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Jan 2, 2010.

1. I was flipping through Youtube vids and I found this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RskfMvBKd8g&feature=related]YouTube - Very bad car accident[/ame]

And it made me think of this. Put down the cell phone. Piloting a 2000 pound missile demands 100% attention. I know todays technology can be distracting, but please, driving is a responsibility and a privilege, not a right.
    If you havent seen this, watch it. If you have, watch it again.

YouTube - psa texting while driving u.k. ad

Now check out what concentration will get ya;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkNzkutTiGs]YouTube - Ken Block Gymkhana Training[/ame]

Theres no way anyone can control a vehicle like this, and not have 100% concentration on the task at hand. Many accidents are avoidable with both the drivers input and modern traction control systems. IIRC Mercedes said it best: The best way to live through an accident, is to not have one in the first place."

Good Luck friends, and be safe in the new year:wave::smoking:

2. I agree with you 100% but unfortunately, we will always have careless, absent minded drivers that cause accidents. You could be the safest driver in the world and still get hit from another car. That's just a fact of life we have to live with.

3. That second video was amazing.

4. #4 wolfman5874, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
    More like a 4,000lb+ missle depending on the vehicle. Seems like every young women that I see driving on the roads today have a fucking cell phone in their hands. As soon as they get in the car they feel the need to talk to someone.

What ever happened to jamming out to music while driving?

Also, don't ever take a chance and pull out in front of a tractor trailer and piss them off. A loaded one can weigh as much as 80,000lb which will demolish you.

5. gnarly fursure.
    ill make sure to step up my driving game.

6. hahaha I always think of shit like this :smoke:

Like..we have people who we wouldn't trust to feed our dog every day in this world...yet we let them control a 2k-8klb chunk of steel moving at speeds up to 80mph...

7. Its fucking scary how easy it is to get a license in this country.
    There is virtually zero skill needed to obtain a driving license, putting millions on the road who can barely operate a motor vehicle - let alone actually drive the fucking thing.

8. #8 ImTheJoker4u2, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
    Things Ive learned while driving...

#1 WITHOUT QUESTION - WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!!!!

Theres no excuse for not doing it other than plain fucking stupid. If you dont wear one I sincerely hope you die so you dont have an opportunity to procreate and muddy up the gene pool.

Dont tailgate. Not only can you not see past the car whose ass you're riding, you wont have time to react. Forget that "Im a better driver than you" crap - I did 5 days at Skip Barber Racing School. A car stops all the same. At 60 MPH you cover something like over 300 feet in one second. That and rock chips all over the face of your hot ride looks shitty;)

Check your mirrors frequently. Knowing what is around you will help you decide where to go to avoid an accident. Obviously you cant do this, look at the road, and text at the same time - so put down the phone. It will wait 10-15 minutes.

Travel alone What I mean is dont allow cars to ride next to you or in your blind spots. Try to leave a good "cushion" of space between you and other vehicles. This practice alone has saved me 3 separate times. You cant avoid a collision, if theres no where to go.

Practice DRIVING. Go in an empty parking lot - start slow but do emergency lane changes, emergency stops. Do it on a dry day - then on a wet one. Knowing how to handle a car WILL save your life one day.

Maintain your vehicle. Replace those shitty wipers, use Rain-X, put air in your tires, make sure your brakes work properly.

Good Luck out there guys:wave:

9. Exactly.

10. Sure but driving safely will reduce those chances, and COMPLETELY eliminate the chance that you are the asshat doing the hitting;)

11. [​IMG] [​IMG]Oh don't mind me, I just thought this was bump worthy. ^^Bump, and pass on the knowledge. ;)

12. I just saw an inexperienced drifter crash into a curb about 2 hours ago lol

it wasn't that bad, but he'll need a new wheel and 2500 dollars

13. Dam maybe Ill stop doing 80 on the freeway now...

14. I'm not saying slow down - but speed requires even more concentration, and multiplies your risk rate exponentially.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhIsgxMs4iQ&feature=related]YouTube - 5 Death car crash in Russia[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxhXQNsfR2w]YouTube - one-car accident left 5 dead in Oswego IL[/ame]

15. my car has a REALLY loud and annoying car horn. sometimes if i see someone on their cellphone while driving ill start honking at them until they hang up. fuck your conversation, concentrate the road you damn fool!

16. HAHAHA - Thats a great idea!!

Ive got air horns on my Lincoln - Ill have to try that next time I see some fucktard on the phone lol

17. HaHA - Dude I NEED THIS!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWNw0A1Ijg&feature=related]YouTube - Bigger than a Train Horn![/ame]

18. One Bump 4 tha ladys