I just sheltered someone today lol

Discussion in 'General' started by InnerPeace, May 14, 2010.

1. IMO a good deed makes a good deed by the end result of that deed. I sheltered a family for 2 days. If you have ever been on the streets you would no how much of a blessing it is to have shelter for even one night. This is why I did it. I used to be homeless, so instead of most people minding no attention to panhandlers. I've been in their spot so I take into consideration the sincerity of the individual.

2. Being clean cut means your good? What the FUCK. Good job tho

3. wow dude i wishi could have met you wen i was younger you could have paid for the motel me and my family lived in... :(

4. It's good you brought up the lord. Lets talk about him.

I am willing to suggest to you sir, that I am holier than your lord(assuming he exists). When I help out my fellow man, I don't expect anything in return. When "the lord" helps out his fellow man he wants you to worship him for eternity, telling everyone about him on your spare time and give every dime you have to him. Anything good coming from "the lord" is purely coincidentle.:p

5. no man. I meant that they were not sketchy at all. They could've been bad i dunno. One thing I do know is they needed that motel.

6. thats such a corrupted view on religion sir.

7. Werent you the one who rolled like 15 joints and made sandwiches for some homeless people at a park a few days back?

If so youre a fuckin saint.. keep it up yo!

8. I can't rep you because I did yesterday but this is awesome of you :)

9. Thats pretty much what religion has come to this day & age

& thats cool dude I enjoy hearing these stories

10. #30 Ambien, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010
    Accidentally adressed your thread in my last post. I know you obvious didn't do it to share wth others and bask in your righteousness. And you obviously felt connected wth them, and through your empathy towards them you did this great deed. When I'm stoned I like to discuss controversial social issues, and when someone brings up something that could be debated i get into it haha. It's great you did that. But if you want to feel even better about what you did and you want to practice humility(which is one of the most rewarding traits of all) then keep it to yourself. A single humble deed can eliminate all doubts of being selfish or glory seeking. And once you practice humility enough your character, ethic, and morales will improve, and your purpose in this world will he much more defined. (insert John Mayer waitin on the world to change)
    and inner. I am agnostic, but even stubborn religion hating non believers like
    you and me can acknowledge that JESUS was a good man and a brilliant philosopher, and even if you don't believe he is your Savior, his theories and ethical guidlines aren't nullified. Funny thing is that JESUS said that (I'm high and I put lord) no need to be overly defensive regarding something that could even be perceived as a spiritual thought or philosophy

11. Reading shit like this literally makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

And I can't even rep you because I apparently repped you already? Were you the dude who made the sammiches and the joints for the homeless dudes???! If so, then damn dude. If there's a heaven, you're going there!!!

Please take my virtual-virtual rep in the meantime!!!

12. Religion is corrupt.

13. Fantastic man! :D

14. Which lord are you talking about?

“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? (Matthew 5:43-47 )

I wouldn't have such a cynical view.
    There is wisdom to be found in most of the religions as they stem from some very wise teachers.

15. It's absolutely true! ABSOLUTELY (not what you said - what the OP said).

The gods want their damned worship so much it's sickening.

And, just for the record - OP doesn't appear to be religious, yet look at what he did for people.

^^^ Read that again and think about it.

I thought we needed religions to make people "good people". I guess not.

OP, you are my hero in more ways than one.

16. #37 InnerPeace, May 14, 2010
    My name is Jeremy. My mother named me after Jeremiah the prophet in the bible. She shoved that shit down my throat and wasted my childhood with her hogwash. She raised me to be a prophet, which i am, just not the kind she was hoping for. I will, for the rest of my life, encourage every person, willing to listen, to stay away from religion and enjoy their lives to the best of their ability. I truely believe if there is a he would agree with me. A just god would dissaprove of the bible and related wickid scriptures!

17. Edited my
    post.
    Also inner, your defensivness against religion, and your signature, and some
    of this thread are all because of your desire to dissemble Religion. You might have some sort of cliche FML past that might have caused this cynisism toward religion, but Why do you care about other peoples religious choices? What's the purpose in trying to spread the bad news of the bible being false doctrine when all atheistic perspectives just think you live you die and that's the end f it. No afterlife. Why do you care people believe in the afterlife? Afterall the belief of an afterlife generally will help people make sure their morales are in check. And isn't that a good thing? Not to be aggressive or assuming, but why try to lead people down a path of bleakness and pessimism when they can live a god fearing life? Do you feel attacked by their "ignorance"? Let them live in their god fearing world.

18. Wow you are so far off its not even funny.

First of all I do not feel like god deserted me. Because there is no god to desert me. And second of all I preach a worthy good news because I offer to release the chains of imprisonment religion sets on people. I "open peoples eyes" if you will, or at least get them thinking. I do this because I believe the more thinking/ less religious people we have in this world the better off we all will be. End of story.

19. #40 Senior PoopiePants, May 14, 2010
    I know you're not talking to me, but if I may:

When people shove their religions down other's throats like in the OP's case, or when people go flying planes into buildings because of religion, or when people get beat up by others of the OPPOSING religion, i mean, it pisses some people off.

I'm speaking for myself on the last few examples.

You wanna follow your religion. Fine, I guess. But don't threaten people with hell, go knocking on their doors - just keep it to yourselves.

And you know what??? This argument goes BOTH WAYS. Why can't you guys keep it to yourselves?? (I don't know how you run your railroad, so I'm not necessarily pointing the finger at you, but if the shoe fits, wear it).