I just recked my dirt bike.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Primo_hash_oil, Aug 4, 2012.

1. #1 Primo_hash_oil, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    Well I am new to the motorcycle world. This was only my third time riding and my first time ever recking one. Well I decided to get a little speed in the driveway(guess that was a bad idea, lol). It slowly curves and to stay in the yard you have to turn off the driveway and maneuver between a pile of rocks a gate(Which is on the left side of the driveway. Same side as everything else) and a tree.

Well I got up to speed and and relized I couldn't make the turn. I tried to slow down and I hit the front brake(I know your not supposed to do that, but I'm used to doing it on my ATV and I kinda panicked) it went down on it left side and I slid for a good five feet, and only like ten feet from getting knocked off by the gate.

I scraped my elbow pretty good. I think I sprained my thumb pretty good. And I got a bit of a bruise and road rash on my left leg.

I got right back up and got going again though, I'm not going to let it scare me away. I need some good vibes bros, and thanks for reading.

2. Hey man it happens.

I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 5, well mini bikes back then.

Plenty of scrapes, scratches, bruises, burns, etc. It comes with the territory.

Stay off that front break next time :smoking:

3. Thats what I was thinking. And was going to happen sooner or later, and it's not the last time it's going to happen.

4. what do you ride?

5. First (and only, so far :p) time I ever rode was my friend's little 250cc when I was like 15 on asphalt. I let the clutch out too fast or whatever and did a wheelie. Landed on my back and burned the shit out of my wrist on the tailpipe somehow. The bike was fine but I didn't bother trying again lol

6. Bikes and motorcycles are death traps.

At least on dirt bikes there are no other drivers to worry about ruining your life, but I would probably rather dump my bike on the roads where I can get help fast rather than in the woods.

7. lol how do you wreck a dirt bike... so hard to do. i have a 04 crf 70 from when i was little still, i dont ride it anymore really, but when i did i was mad good. could hold wheelies for a block, never tried to go further on NY residential areas.

used to be mad fun, grew up with a honda xr 50 too, loved that shit. used to build my own ramps and shit as a little kid and show my grandma lol.

8. Best advice for riding two wheels is focus on form. The speed will come naturally after you develop the proper techniques. I added 10mph to my cornering speed by slowing down and learning how to hit the apex. How to be positioned in different parts of the turn, etc. Study riding positions and techniques. Forget about speed. Like I said. It'll come

9. [quote name='"welker 420"']what do you ride?[/quote]

My bike's a 2006 Handa 250 r.

10. [quote name='"blackzinger"']Best advice for riding two wheels is focus on form. The speed will come naturally after you develop the proper techniques. I added 10mph to my cornering speed by slowing down and learning how to hit the apex. How to be positioned in different parts of the turn, etc. Study riding positions and techniques. Forget about speed. Like I said. It'll come[/quote]

Thanks for the advise, bro.

11. Nice I got a 05 yz 125

12. my brother has a 2001 kdx 220 and i have a blaster thats completly built. although i wouldnt mind a having a dirtbike.