I just realized something.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Johnny Cash, Feb 13, 2011.

1. #1 Johnny Cash, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
    Egypt's army was largely funded by America. America gave billions of dollars to fund Mubarak's army, which he used to stay in power.

This man lived in palaces and mansions while about half of the population lived below the international poverty line.

He recieved a lot of funding from the United States and oppressed his own people.

So, the people overthrew him because they were sick of him. They're probably not too happy with the United States either, seeing as how they kept him in power.

But the catch is, they now have a BIG fucking army.
    Isn't that ironic! hahaha

2. The army never suppressed the people like Mubarak himself did.. You're right, we did fund their army, and its largely because of us that their army is that size.. but the Egyptians have publicly proclaimed their admiration for the army. I think its pretty universally acknowledged that majority of Egyptians do not have a hatred for the United states.. Hopefully Obama can charm them with his obamaesk..

*putting up troll shield for last sentence

3. I never said they had a problem with the army.
    I also never said that Egyptians have hatred for the United States.
    But they're definately not as benevolent as Mubarak himself was.

The fact is that they now have a strong military that was funded by America. Also, it is uncertain if Egypt will follow America's interests as closely as Mubarak has.

The irony lies in the fact that America funded an Egyptian dictator that was useful to America. He was pretty close allies with the US, so the US funded his army to keep hip powerful.

That large military force that America created is at this moment pretty much out of their control.

4. I dont think thats Ironic, the army is controlled by people we trust. I'm sure we knew Mubarak wouldnt reign forever. I like to think this trust we share can create like a mutual respect for one another which could help strengthen our relationship..

5. #5 Jimi Thing, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
    Brilliant analysis.

6. Yes for a number of years we gave them along the lines of 1.4 billion dollars in military aid each year. Now what would be ironic is if an islamic caliphate or radical government takes hold.

the irony would go further if they used that army against Israel and perhaps possibly us in the future with the money we gave them.

This also isn't counting the M-82 Patton Tanks and AFVs we just gave them of the years in addittion to military aid.

7. Would not be the first time my friend.

8. thats the realistic and scary part. A caliphate is possible, the muslim brotherhood is very popular and is also fuelling the riots and organizing a majority of the protests.

Of course while they champion democracy, they will be lulled into an autocracy by alot of these groups gearing up to take power after the military I guess steps down.

9. Even if we give $50 billion to a country solely for a military we are still benefitting from it. I think they are required to spend a certain percentage with US military contractors so most of the money is coming right back to us and we can reinvest it back into our military. And it gives us alot of leverage over a country
    Our military will always stay a step ahead of our enemyies and allies. And the competition makes it a continually growing industry.

10. Egyptian citizens hate on United state gov, not the people. They also have realized the gov are doing the same thing around the world. I have read their blogs, post, jornal, videos, its all over the place.

"Its time to end the gov madness. Let brothers take arm and take care of each other. After all, we're all humans. These so called gov are not humans!"

11. i think they should give us a pyramid,, since we built thier army for them

........[​IMG]

12. just put the pyramid right over Arizona no one will miss it

13. You are correct. But that doesn't take away from the fact that America created a powerful military force in the middle east that it now has no control over.

I guess we'll have to see what kind of government they end up with.

HA! That pyramid is the size of Egypt! Everything's bigger in America, right? [​IMG]

14. Well we'll see what happens soon. The military dissolved parliament and suspended the constitution.

15. I saw that on tv. They say they'll be in power for 6 months until elections are held. Maybe shorter.
    The people seem happy because their demands are being met one by one.

Some remain in Tahrir square simply as some sort of a back up, in case protests are needed again.

You're right, we'll see what happens soon. I'm very curious to see how they organize this transition and what the outcome will be.

We must watch closely and learn. This has so far been a successful revolution. For all we know, we might end up in a similar situation one day.

16. I swear I have heard this before. When is the USA going to learn from the mistakes made in the past instead of continuing to repeat them.

Didn't we do this with Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan? Im not referring to during the Bush years either for you unedumacted people. Im talking about the fall of the Shaw, the Rise of Saddam and the rise of the Taliban or as it was know back when as the Mujahadeen.

17. You're absolutely right. I think the US will learn eventually.
    Empires always fall.

18. What are you talking about? The US has never been wrong on anything.

Really though I think our dollar will lead to our collapse sooner rather than later. . .

19. Well you can't export weapons to the whole world and expect it to go exactly as planned every time.
    Your dollar itself won't lead to your collapse. The dollar is nothing more than a name given to the currency you use.
    The value of the dollar might collapse from other underlying reasons, thus leading to big trouble.

I think this habit of ridiculously high military spending will be your demise if you don't stop it very soon.

A defence budget of world conquest proportions can never be good for an economy in the long run, because it is not constructive. It in no way serves the needs of the people. It is all wasted money and resources in the end.

But I believe you'll get it together before it's too late.

20. this is just strait up not true...

get that from fox news?