Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Just Realized I Never Take The Stems Out Of My Weed.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Health, Jul 12, 2014.

1. I've been reading a lot and it seems everyone does it. What am I doing to myself by NOT taking out the stems?

Would I have a better smoking experience if I removed the stems?

2. If it's really dank weed I leave the smaller stems in.  :confused_2:

3. Yeah if its high grade, they usually chop most of the stem off and whats left has enough kief to make up for taste.

But some of that shwaggy crap you get telephone pole sized logs in it. I even asked a dispesary budtender once if she could trim some of the stem off and she said no so I passed on that one (it was bottom shelf anyway -$5 a gram). 

4. I don't bother with the really tiny ones, but I pick mine out as I smoke. Dont break it all up, leave it on stem til ready to smoke.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

5. I tried putting them in hot chocolate with butter. It didn't get me high. I have to find something to do with my stems now. I'll probably just save them and smoke them when I'm out.

6. who smokes stems? shits nasty and you get a headache, and not really a high

Make qwiso out of a lot of stems and smoke that instead

7. You shouldn't just 'add' them to butter. You're supposed to extract the thc into the fat in the butter, and then just add the butter to whatever food you're having.

8. If your rolling a joint or blunt the stem could poke holes.in your joint or blunt. If its in a bowl or bong... idk, nothing lol. Stems arent a life hazard to pot heads.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I only take out the big stems that are noticable, but my grinder usually busts them up into lil pieces but they have alot of keif on them so I dont even bother.

10. Ya I melted the butter to liquid with the stems in. I used the microwave. Maybe I should have used a pan?

11. wtf?

12. I break the bud off so I don't get little weed explosions when chopping

13. Or maybe do some research on it beforehand.

14. #14 Forked Up2, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    Sounds like you are buying tiny buds. Big buds have stems that require removal. I like big buds and I cannot lie!

One of the buds I have has a big stem. I take that off, but the little ones inside I get frustrated dealing with those so I just grind it up.

16. LOL you mean with scissors?

17. Id like to say that ive found the headache myth to be false. Ive done my own testing, and i smoked 2 entire bowls of stems. A lot of fucking stems. Felt a slight buzz, though i think it may have just been the oxygen deprivation, but absolutely no headache. 

I dont know what you guys think the science is behind that but its definitely false. I wouldnt advise smoking them though it tastes gross.

I just chop my stems and rub them on my grinder screen before either chewing them up or just tossing them

Ive never tried vaping stems. 

and your grinder will destem most of it for you just grind it then pick the stems out. no need to get your greasy fingers allover your nug

18. #18 Mr.Otter, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    I knew a guy who never took the stems out of his weed and he died. :mellow:

jk :lol:

He's blind. :mellow:

19. Yea
    And people, stems are rubbish, stop being so stingy

20. My stems go in the trash, makes the smoke harsh. Got a nice collection of fat roaches though.