I just planted some seeds outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jmckee601, Apr 10, 2011.

1. I just today planted some seeds outdoor it's a well lit area with some trees and the ground is very wet. What we did was take some natural wet muddy soil put it in some pots then we put plant soil from a bad then the seeds then a little bit more plant soil. Then we buried the pots halfway into the ground so some of the water from the ground would seep into the bottom holes of the pots so they would be well watered.
    My question is what should we do now what are the next steps how if at all should we water. Please just tell me exactly what to do for the rest of the grow. Thank you so much

2. Tend to your plants, make sure they don't die. Nobody is going to give you a list of exactly what to do because every grow is different in some way or another.

However, you may want to think about adding some perlite into your native soil as you say it is very muddy and dense, so the roots will not be able to get oxygen because of the constant moisture. Perlite lightens your soil and allows the roots easier access to grow. Lastly, you going to use any kinda of ferts or nutes?

3. i dunno if im gonna use any fertilizers i was hoping you could tell me what you would do. thanks

4. #4 washedmothafuka, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    Again...how am i supposed to help you with out knowing where you live, what your price limitations are, how much time you are willing to devote, and if its bagseed or genetics off the internet.

Come on now...if you read some stickies you would realize we need more info.

Edit: And yes, you need at least some kind of fertilizer or nutrients during its growth, however if your looking for simplicity you could buy some cheap $10, 10-10-10 fertilizer. Or if you have a little extra cash and some time just add in some all natural things like castings, guano, and meals to feed your plants through out their lives. Maybe perhaps a decent potting soil?

Simple version in the post below.

5. That's a loaded question. You would definately get more responses with more specific questions. Do some research. Then come back, growers here are happy to help.

6. It's bag seed and I could get my hands on some money I live in Minnesota near the twin cities and I'm willing to devote time

7. Invest in some good quality nutes. Are you just trying to grow some pot or do you want to grow some dank?

8. Alright, that is definitely a start. Before I go into detail however, I would like to inform you that because it is bag seed it may not finish budding before your first frost if it is a sativa. Do you remember the high from the bag at all? Was it heady or like a body buzz couch lock?

Anyways, get your hands on some good soil that will supply your plants enough nutrients for the first month such as:
    -Fox Farm Ocean Forest & Light Warrior (2:1 ratio)
    -Sunshine #4 (Probably need some veg nutes like FF Grow Big since Sunshine is pretty bland.)
    -Pro-mix HP/BX (HP = wet climates, BX = Dry Climates)
    -Roots Organic

It is a little late to mix up a composted soil as there is not enough time for all the micro organisms to mix. So you would be best off buying a nutrient line for your plants if you want them to be dank and not just ok.
    Lets see, dig a hole (1-2ft deep, 2ft wide), place some rocks or debris at the bottom for better drainage if your native soil contains a lot of clay. Place in your potting. Start in 16 oz beer pong cups, let them grow a few weeks, transplant to a 1-3 gallon, then into the ground. Hmm..tried to be simple while still being informative, I know I missed a lot because im kinda spacey right now but please ask me stuff because I could go on hours about how to grow :smoke:

9. dude thankyou so much and its ak47 soo it was a pretty heavy high but im pretty sure its a mix... right

10. Hmm, if I am not mistaken AK-47 is a sativa dominant, something like 70/30 or 65/35.
    This means it will most likely finish mid October, if not a little later. You may want to check Minnesota frost dates and see if its possible. If not, you say your willing to shell out some cash, why not throw twenty bucks and pick up two or three feminized seeds that are indica dominant or autoflowers. This way you know they will be female, and you know they will bud in time. The AK will be questionable.

11. Well congrats on your first plant, depending on the soil you planted in I might suggest a drier environment, weed is of course a plant and needs water but too much of a damp, wet soil could cause your plant to get hermie and not grow at all.

Plant it in a pot, 50% perlite 50% cow maneur, got the idea from my friend who grows indoors and got 4 ounces in his last harvest.. considering 4 ounces is approx 1200$ around here I'd say that's pretty good..

Remember 200ML of water every 2 days is a good start, (2/5 of an average water bottle)

12. Please...do not do this. Your plant...will...die.

13. :S You sure? Mine sprouted in only 5 days, maybe 6, is there anything you can recommend?

14. #14 washedmothafuka, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    Gosh, I just wrote a whole explanation as to why it's bad and then pressed back by accident and everything got deleted. If you don't mind I need to clean a few things up and smoke a bowl with my bud. I'll be back on later tonight though to finish my opinion.

Edit: Luckily Corto just posted the concise version of what I deleted. :p Thanks bro, and don't forget about some dolomite to level it out.

15. That meansyour plants are in pure cow manure even aired out with perlite. It's too strong. It could work but for a 3-4 node plant, not a seedling. They'll die soon if not taken out.Use castings-peat-perlite for seedlings. It's in the stickies...

16. washed has a point on the finishing time of the ak. if you have the time and the plant is small enough you can cover it with a trash can starting in mid to late june to start the flowering cycle early so that your plant will have a chance to finish. my advise: read the stickys and have fun with your grow. good luck