I just lost my job today.

Discussion in 'General' started by Doke Smoper, Nov 6, 2013.

1. I've worked there for 6 years.  They are very strict, I made the same mistake twice in four months, it was an easy mistake to make, and they had to let me go.  It's employment at will so there's not anything to be done about it. 

I'm freaking out a little bit, I knew it was never permanent but it's weird.  Anyone gettin back on the job market after several years?  I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.  I know I'll get unemployment for a while at least.

2. Weak, man, hella weak.
    longest period of unemployment i had was 6months. things are tough all over right now, i hope you find something sooner than later.

3. Yeah its definitely a different job market now than it was the last time I was hunting.

4. What was the mistake you made? I'm kind of curious.

5. Yea it helps if we know what kind of job you got let go from ....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. another place gonna be shot up

Sent from my SGH-T959

7. I do customer service.  Sometimes you start to hang up the phone and the person starts talking, then thinks you hung up on them.  That is what happened twice in four months.

LOL.  Nah lol I'd take out a shit load of credit cards and title loans and disappear to Argentina before that lol

8. Jobs are overrated anyway

9. thats a shitty reason to be fired for.

10. That's fucked up
    it's the motherfucker that decides to ask a question at the very last seconds fault.
    So what did that person like call and complain that you hung up or the calls were monitered?
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Jobs like that sucks! It's like they suck out your soul at jobs like that. Find a different job period! Don't go back to that shit. Sorry you lost it tho. I mean come on, you were there for 6 years and you made the same mistake TWICE? Employers are fucking stupid these days. Humans are not robots and we are still prone to mistakes. As long as we don't do it all the time.

12. Check out linkedin and careerbuilder ... Those seem to be the two biggest job sites depending on where you are. 

Best of luck to you! 

13. Yep, but its one of those jobs with a huge turnover rate.  Only a couple people stay there as long as me and I really didn't plan on staying there as long as I did.

14. Yeah all the calls are not only monitored, but graded.  That's right I said graded.

15. #16 URATowel, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
    goodvibes man, lost my job oct 1...after 4 years of working. only called in sick 4 times and she just kicked me to the curb.

i was two years overdue for a raise and they were stealing my tips.
    i think she didn't want to pay me and wanted to hire people at  minimum wage
    still looking...job market is tough out there..i'm only 24 so i might head back to college if i can get social assistance

16. lemme kno the company name. gc blades unite

Sent from my SGH-T959

17. #18 himan235, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
    Yea that fucking shitty. WOW
    After 6 yrs in, the last four months and two incidents  fucked you up for good? sounds like they dont give a shit about good employees and you in the first place, isnt there something more to this? Someone got a target on your back?

I dont know if I would want to work at a place that fires you for some shit like that 

18. I hear that.  I'm 27.  I was overdue for a raise as well.  Bad thing about low qualification jobs is that its cheaper to train a new employee than give the current one a raise.  I don't think I'm going back to school.  I've actually a few things I've been doing on the side for money (wink) that I'd been looking to move a little further into.  This time on unemployment should be lucrative for me hopefully.

19. Well its a call center.  If you haven't worked in one ask someone you know who has.  It's a horrible soul sucking cubicle with a horrible Lumberg style boss that writes you up for every minute detail and desperately tries to find reasons to fire you.  It's just a really easy job, only reason I stayed as long as I did.