I just had police action threatened against me...what are my rights?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by sandaclaus, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Subscribing to find out what happens. I think you went overboard for sure

2. i suffered a lot growing up due to seizures. My tale is about never giving up, and I am not sure how I survived my illness so far. I had hot-water epilepsy which meant I would have seizures in the shower, and wind up crying in the bathroom floor.

My illness use to rock me to my knees. Often times, I would beg to die. It was weird living, I am not going to lie. I just never knew when a seizure would strike, and had a tough time adjusting and figuring out this illness.

After I received that email last year, it deflated me. Like, how could I fight the EF? I wanted to do my best so someone would not go down my path with these seizures. I just happened to have a theory, that if discussed seriously, could bring in extra money to the charities.

I somethings think back to when I was really sick, and wonder if there was someone like me that contacted the EF. but because they were "different", they were not listened to...These seizures are personal, and for someone that never experienced these things to say people would be offended by Santa's use absolutely destroys me. Yeah, I should give up and move on, but what about the rest of the E community that is not being helped? but because someone has a law degree, she is able to make this decision?

3. foundation's policies? they use Santa at their events. they just feel people with e would be offended if any Santa money was used to help them...

4. Beg forgiveness man, that email really does not put you in a great light. You probably really scared her, what with the threat of physical abuse over her being legally obliged to tell you something and that...

5. dude.... if they say no its not your right to threaten them

end of story

6. actually, they just don't want me, and yeah, that kind of offends me. The state of the Epilepsy community is shit, and it scares me...I would think the people getting paid would want to do everythign in their power to help...

So, my 100 other emails should not count? should I have asked if I could suck his dick just to get a meeting?

what if the people from the EF are not doing their jobs...shouldn't I have the right to say something, and act on it?

7. i hope my saliva burns like acid when I spit in her face...

She is the one in the wrong here, not me. Speak to anyone with seizures, and they might understand. The EF does a horrible job, and if sending an email calling somebody a cunt gets me noticed, so be it. How come nobody came to speak to me when I didn't call her a cunt?

8. #28 stoneheir, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    [quote name='"sandaclaus"']
    actually, they just don't want me, and yeah, that kind of offends me. The state of the Epilepsy community is shit, and it scares me...I would think the people getting paid would want to do everythign in their power to help...

So, my 100 other emails should not count? should I have asked if I could suck his dick just to get a meeting?

what if the people from the EF are not doing their jobs...shouldn't I have the right to say something, and act on it?[/quote]

Yes. But not if your idea of acting on it is threatening this woman and scaring her to the point where she feels she needs to contact the authorities. That's never fun for anyone and it definitely won't help your cause at all, blade.

[quote name='"sandaclaus"']
    She is the one in the wrong here, not me. Speak to anyone with seizures, and they might understand. The EF does a horrible job, and if sending an email calling somebody a cunt gets me noticed, so be it. How come nobody came to speak to me when I didn't call her a cunt?[/quote]

So do you sincerely feel this attention you've not gotten yourself is helping the epileptic community? Or the cause you're fighting for? Will you now build a relationship with this organization and do the great work you wanted to do?

9. oh yeah, I just wanted to add I am a feminist. I love hard working women, but believe if they are not doing their jobs, they need to be replaced. If I called a guy a dick, would it be any better?

10. you know what they say

2 wrongs dont make a right

and maybe because they are a whack foundation they didnt come contact you, but when you start calling them names, acting violent, and threatening them, you can sure as hell believe they will react.

If you dont like them, then whats wrong with them not taking the money offered? Why are you trying to contribute to a foundation that you consider corrupt?

You are lacking info here.... im sorry i didnt see all your other posts... but you cant expect us to all go read through your past. You harassed them and threatened them... over them denying donations and explaining why... sure maybe thats fucked up on their part, but why dont you move on and find a better foundation.. .rather than letting one you dont like have you charged with harassment and shit?

11. You are also acting like we are saying this is cause you called her a cunt, no its more so where you said you would be justified in beating the shit out of her, thats illegal you know.... thats what we are talking about

12. if I could really prove a way to kickstart the Santa Movement, and do a lot of good, would this email mean anything? Should it prevent me from working, because I don't like bad people? Should it preven the campaign from being started?

guys, I will always be honest on this site. I believe my work is much more important than this woman's life. And while this might sound like a horrible thing, if I said this about Sandusky or the guy from Syracuse, most people would agree with me. That the theory of Santa Economics is worth more than their lives.

Well, can't I feel the same way about other individuals who have done me wrong?

13. Feel what you want, its when you vocally express violence and threats you get yourself in trouble

Right now, they could have you restrained from contact, at the minimum. Consider your risks, before the benefits. Always

14. First, you have to understand who you are dealing with. The paid staff at the EF are worried first and foremost about protecting their cushy little jobs. They don't want someone telling them they are wrong and fucking their shit up.

Second, Using the word "cunt" is not what is going to get you into trouble. It is the "beat the shit out of you" part that may catch the eye of the police. It can be read as a threat and could get you into a legal bind.

I would send them back an appology and explain how you hadn't taken your medicine that day or some bullshit...whatever. Just cover your ass big time. then keep your head down and your mouth shut and you won't have any problems. :)

15. I just read this whole post and still don't know what the hell is going on here. What is all this Santa talk? Santa Economics, Santa movement?

So far I have compiled this, you seem to be a dedicated philanthropist bent on helping people with the same condition as you which is great. So you have been in contact with this terrible Epilepsy foundation that doesn't do anything trying to use Santa Clause as a way to raise money but they said no on the grounds of a trademark, but you claim its because you are epileptic. After this you email the cunt threatening her life and dedicating your life to making hers miserable (classic by the way). If you truly believe they turned you down because of your condition that may be grounds for a discrimination lawsuit although the fact it wasn't work related may cause some trouble but that is for the lawyers to tell you.

Is that what is going on? If I am right, be a bigger person and say fuck the EF (but don't email them saying this I didn't mean it in a literal sense) start up your own charity with the ideas you have collaborated using Santa and donate the money to epilepsy research.

16. Whoa, after reading their polite, and BOILERPLATE legal response to you regarding your efforts, I believe you have made a HUGE mountain out of a mole hill...and I believe you did this because of the lingering effects of your disease.

I also believe that you won't listen to reason because you will read and interpret what you want to.

They aren't out to get you. Likely they don't know you from adam and consider you an annoying pest at most. You are not a thorn in their side because basically you don't exist outside of your own bubble of a world. You aren't as important as you think you are.

Your Santa Claus movement sadly will never get anywhere, you have no rudder to guide you, no ship to steer and nothing but dreams and wishes. I've seen this before, in my own family in fact, and it was due to lingering effects from a series of strokes. Your reality is not in the same realm as the real world, and your effect on the real world is much less than you imagine it to be.

I'm saying this to try to help, I'm not hating on you Scott. But you really have gone off the deep end here.

Imagine from THEIR point of view what has occurred here.

A guy comes to them offering to help with an idea that frankly they don't want or need to be involved in. They realize that the person has more issues than can be enumerated for said idea to actually work, and they politely decline any further involvement.

NOW this person freaks out on them, threatening them, verbally harassing them and emailing threats.

Your statement above about how you think your work is more important than a person's life, well that's where you lost me brother. NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PEOPLE'S LIVES and to think that you are so callous as to say that really appalls me. Makes me sick to my stomach in fact.

I've supported your ideas before and have been pretty open minded when it comes to you, but that ends today. I cannot abide that attitude or behavior.

YOU ARE IN THE WRONG HERE. There's no getting around it. They aren't out to get you, rather they are now in a defensive posture because of your aggressive behavior.

Please stop. Now. I'm begging you.

What worries me now is how you're going to turn on GrassCity or me when you read this.

17. Hahahahahahahaha. You should have left it at this, dude.

She can do a lot bro.

Haha nice pun dude.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude this is GOLD. Even if you go to jail for making threats dude, just keep in mind how much joy I got from laughing at that.

Honestly if she molested you and she's not sorry for it she kinda deserves to get beat up, but dude.... you can't just say that to her. Just the fact you came out of nowhere with this threat is hilarious man. Thanks santa.

18. WOW -Seriously?

Their response to your "Santa" suggestion was very professional, PC and to the point. I don't understand how you MISREAD that as a direct attack against your person. Granted I don't have the full story, but I don't think I'm missing much.

We all realize that you put a lot of work into this, it's your "baby" and you feel this is a direct attack, but you need to acknowledge a few things; all great minds were met with rejection at some point and rose above it (minus the cunt refrences and the killing while sleeping notes), I'm sure the EF isn't your only option - persue the others (once again if rejected no threatening letters) and most importantly don't take everything so personally!

If i got your letter I'd be calling the cops too, it was creepy scary and I could feel the hate in those words - this is NOT the attention you want and you might as well forget the EF ever helping you.

There are some deeper issues you need resolved, that GC won't be able to do - get the help you need!

Whats up with the molestation acqusations, I'm reading those as perceived metaphors - she didn't PHYSICALLY molest you, right?

Good luck Buddy!