I just had an experience with God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ISnuff, Feb 10, 2014.

1. #81 RippedMonk, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014

Your ostentatious use of "big" words and common misspellings never cease to entertain me.   I also enjoy how you seem to get a consistent "get out of jail free card" from moderators considering you insult more people on here than most.  Perhaps our mods should start carrying dictionaries, huh. 

[​IMG]

2. #82 Boats And Hoes, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014

Wow.. there's one extra 'c' in "vacuous" -- constant misspelling? Now, is that your whole refutation and rebuttal (a spell check, that all, really)? Even if this post was in no way concerned with you...

P.S.
    The proper spelling of words does not denote intelligence, but, someone objecting to a post solely because there's one extra letter in a word, shows how unintelligent and insipid said person objecting is..

3. #83 -13 Amp-, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    its was because you insult people constantly and get a pass from the mods because you use big words (and he pointed out how you misspelled one, and then you call him unintelligent when it was you who made the mistake lol, another insult as well) that's why he said maybe the mods should get a dictionary...

4. dunno if it was this thread but I remember reading "subsequent consequent" lol.

5. #85 RippedMonk, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

I couldn't have said it better myself.  He of course conveniently ignored my criticism of his personal attacks and zeroed in one misspelled letter...which of course skipped the additional point that such ostentatious discourse should at least be spelled correctly. :laughing:

6. god has every meaning under the sun, thats why its useless. Truth is simply truth, love is simply love. god is a filler word, mostly used by people who dont understand a particular thing. Why do we need something as god? It doesnt react with us, so whats the point. Some of you will say it does react because its behind gravity and other laws. Thats lazy thinking, why reassure yourself with no evident understanding? The only fair answer to this is we as a human intelligence cant comprehend god. Even if thats the case there is no sense in any religion anyway. Yet we always want to know everything, so i suppose thats a variable. I just see no value in supporting our own intuition to prove a god and that no one can comprehend it but I. Lets just use the scientific method to explain the universe. It holds more value. Yet some of you will say our senses our an illusion so that has no meaning. Well aren't our minds illusions too? still no value. Too many people think they have it all figured out and argue that they have no ego. Everyone will always have some ego, big deal. Everyone makes sense of things similar and different. There can be absolutes, not everything is unique. We all experience the same and feel the same, just in different patterns. I dont know it all, and doubt you could know it all. Lets just respect eachother and have empathetic lives. Use concrete evident knowledge and understanding to evolve as a single civilization. Who needs more? Then again I just offered my opinion, we all do. Is there value? I suppose if you allow it to.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

There are countless names for God. But to put it most simply, it is that which is ultimate. Sometimes we fail in recognizing what is most superior in this existence, thus we simply recognize that there is an ultimate, a thing most superior. That is God.

God isn't a way to fill in the gaps, just as any other label isn't a way to fill in a gap. It's a recognition of the metaphysical and singularity of our existence.

God is truth.
    God is love.
    God is the idea that links these ideas that are of the highest value.

Few people understand God. Religions are meant to help us understand God, but most fall short. Yet to say religion is useless is false.

8. I'll tell you what God is. Made up.

9. #89 greenterror, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014

Truth is all.  Love is all.  God is all.

All words describe the same creation, god.

God dang, pickled beat me.

How can a branch create its own root (source)? 21st century empiricsm leads to backwards thinking..

Thats a hefty load of bullshit friend  :smoke:

... like you have all the answers. Guess what, you don't. :smoke:

13. #93 Z42OM, Feb 15, 2014

Random of you to mention such a broad statement . "All the answers" .. Hmm  :confused:

I have zero interest to mingle with those who believe in a "God" , sorry for posting in this topic , my mistake 

14. What if god meant the universe, positivity and every feeling that comes along with it?  Peace, love, understanding?

Saying there is no God is making an absoloute judgement... deny God and you've predicated physicality absoloutley.

God is aware of his own potential... the physical universe isn't.

17. #97 Z42OM, Feb 15, 2014

Err yeh whatever you say lol

Fascinating ..

18. Thats great! I believe in God, and im a christian. I think its great, that this happened you, real or not. 

19. #99 RippedMonk, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014

Makes statement that someone else doesn't have all the answers and then proceeds to give his own answers that can't possibly be known.
    [​IMG]

Yea, and him stating that OP's post is faulty or BS... is fully knowable and verifiable.

[​IMG]