I just had an experience with God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ISnuff, Feb 10, 2014.

1. #21 Boats And Hoes, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    How can you believe in God, i.e., necessary being, and not the ideas of spirit (jinn), karma, and 'the world to come'? Do you personally not want to believe in the world, or state of existence, to come...?

2. #22 Boats And Hoes, Feb 11, 2014
    ... you may like this. I ask you, friend, to watch with an open mind and ears (and be me asking you to keep an mind and ear, I'm not presuming you won't or wouldn't in the first place). As Yeshua once spoke, "let him who has ears hear".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM

3. What's with the ignorance in this thread?

Spiritual doesn't mean religious.

Monk, the truth within is the exact same thing as god.  God is positivity, god is truth.

Mental 'disorders' do not mean there's actually a problem with your brain.  It means you can perceive more than the average person is capable of and science has no way to comprehend what's really going on so they label it as a disease as if they actually had a clue.

I've met someone who saw dead people and had an experience with the mother of a deceased child he was communicating with after she told him where she lived.  I've read stories about 'schizos' getting insight about things that happened in their near future from voices in their head.

Just because you are able to perceive frequencies and dimensions that other people can't doesn't mean they're not real.

The whole scientific connotation around mental disorders is really negative and perpetuates to make people that have supernatural experiences to think that there is a problem and to fear their own mind.  In reality these people have a gift that other people lack and are attacked simply because the rest of society does not understand how such a thing could happen within their field of reality.

Ego.

5. #25 -13 Amp-, Feb 11, 2014
    It's actually the definition of it

spir·it·u·al
    ˈspiriCHo͞oəl/
    adjective
    adjective: spiritual
        of, relating to, or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
        "I'm responsible for his spiritual welfare"
        synonyms: nonmaterial, incorporeal, intangible; More

of or relating to religion or religious belief.
       "the tribe's spiritual leader"
        synonyms: religious, sacred, divine, holy, nonsecular, church, ecclesiastical, faith-based, devotional More

everything else you said is your typical insane drivel so its ignored

But let's ignore the first definition you provided.  Religion is based around spirituality.  Spirituality is finding understanding, wisdom and peace within oneself, whatever your purpose may be, finding your true self.  Religions are guides based around a few people that have had profound spiritual experiences.  They are external guides that direct you towards the answer, but the true answer you are looking for comes from within your own soul.  Teachers can teach stuff, but they can't make you understand.  That comes from within.

Thank you for proving my point!  "I don't understand or agree with your perception so I will ignore it and call you insane"

7. here comes 5 pages of arguments when the op doesnt even care enough to reply

8. #28 -13 Amp-, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    The definition is still includes religion so you are still wrong...

And no you have never proven a point, you claim u have seen heaven and shape shifters, that you know some that sees dead people, and that laws don't exist if u don't believe in them but then say "if u step in sand do u not move the particles" which is the law of motion (it along with other laws are real weather u want to believe or not)...you are literally insane and nothing you say can be taken seriously...

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and what can be asserted without evidence can be rejected without evidence, i don't and no one ever should believe whatever they read or hear, so instead of going around posting completely outrageous claims, prove some of them, you could have a Nobel prize waiting for you...until then you just sound like a child that says "i DID see the easter bunny when it left my basket!"

9. I had an experience with God and God told me that He didn't communicate with the OP. So, that settles that.

Damn.

Actually pickled, that post was as wrong as a turtle fucking a rock.
    Atheism means "without theism." Nothing to do with the ego whatsoever.

Do you enjoy agreeing with silly things?

Haha doesn't matter how you define it. It means a lot of things, for those who perceive those things. More to do with ego than you think. I don't expect you to understand though.

So if someone doesn't believe in Bigfoot, it has to do with the ego? People just don't want Bigfoot to exist, or they are too scared to admit Bigfoot exists.

Strange view you have there, pickled. This is all nonsense.

See, there's your misunderstanding. You simply don't understand the concept of God. For you to equate it to bigfoot proves that. There's no point in going over this with you, you don't want to understand.

15. Start a church, get a tv show, cry alot and make it big!

Oh cmon Monk! We hear it all the time from trolls!

The translation of that is, "I have faith and I can't imagine anyone not having faith so I have to say that atheists have faith in order to make me feel better about my faith."

It's grade A bullshit.

Theres like a billion concepts of God. it's a meaningless word.

Spare us the talk about how you have the right concept of God and everyone else is wrong.

There's one universal concept of God, the same in all places. Some fall short of the mark and are easily recognized by those with eyes to see.

No, if there was one universal concept of God, there would only be one religion instead of millions.

People kill each other over having the wrong concept of God. Look at the Jews and Muslims fighting a never ending war. Very very stupid.

Ignorance is in abundance. These things all occur do to a lack of that understanding. Through attachment to the illusory and transient, to the false and fleeting we seek solace in identity. These identities serve to separate us more than to connect us. Read the texts of these religions and you will find that their understanding of God is more alike than they would like to admit.