i just had a near death experience

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SneakerFreaker, Nov 7, 2009.

1. i was in my car driving down a strait road that has a big double curve that meets a small intersection. i was coming up on the turn and i guess i was riding on the wrong spot, cuz all of a sudden i hear my cars tires squeal a little bit, so i slow try to slow down, but within a millisecond all of a sudden my car continues sliding. i try to turn the wheel to straiten myself but i slide until i do a 180 and then my car does another 180 the other way and ANOTHER 180 back again the wrong way. since its a curved road, i slid into the oncoming traffic lanes. smoke was EVERYWHERE and it was during a busy time (2:30) on a Saturday. i swear to fucking god it was luck that saved my life. becuz 100 ft ahead of me were oncoming cars. i couldnt tell any friend or family cuz i just dont want them to be scared. but i seriously just saw death, thru this big ass cloud of smoke, and stayed alive. but after i stopped skidding and squealing, i just continued driving on my way. EVERYONE was looking at me with scarred faces, so i just waved to them. i stopped like 10 oncoming cars, it was just so fuking scary. but i didnt want anyone to call police, cuz i was fine and i didnt hit anything (thank god) so i guess all i can do is keep on living.
    the funny part in this: as i continued on my way, this group of kids that were in front of me when i was at taco bell, were again in front of me after this whole ordeal, and they started cheering and waving when i just kept on driving
    **but its a very scary reminder, stay safe on the road, and just be smart.

2. I know what you mean, I can't count how many times I've 180'd hydroplaning.

3. im just so scared now, now that i look back at what happened.
    but when it was happening, my heart just slowed down and i was so relaxed
    almost like i accepted what was about to happen
    talk about a fuking adrenaline rush!!!

4. learn to drive.. woooooooow. and no one else was involved?

5. its never happened to me before, but i do need to start driving crazy safe
    and luckily no one else was involved. it was so crazy i slid for about 500 ft doin 3 180s

6. just sayin, cars dont spin out on their own. remember, youre not the only other person on the road. think about everyone you love and imagine if someone spun out hit them and killed em. you'd be livid at that person. maybe you should take a break from driving for a bit

7. Rear wheel drive, or front wheel drive?

If its rear wheel, next time let go of the steering wheel, give a little bit of gas, and then when the wheels turn into the path of least resistence then you steer from there to where you really want to go...

8. i know i know and as much as i agree with you, for some reason i do stupid shit and make stupid decisions
    im sorry, but i really needed someone to tell me that
    ive just had one girl in my circle of friends die from a boat crash, another commit suicide, another overdose, 3+ die in car crashes
    its so hard, but i agree and im going to seriously just think consider my actions and think about stuff before i do it

9. no its fwd, i hate fwd cars and their "go green attempts"
    but like all my wheels locked up and just slid
    im so surpised none of them popped, but i was so pumped on adrenaline i couldnt even stop the car to check, i just drove off

10. if that ever happens again, just let go of everything and let the car sort itself out. ive noticed especially driving in the snow, that when you get into a pickle, its best to just slowly let off the brake or gas or wheel, and the car will want to stabilize itself... let it do what its going to do. grabbing too much wheel/brake/gas in those situations is usually what makes em hairy.

11. Majority of cars today are built to be smarter than the drivers themselves.

12. SneakerFreaker:\tfuk you bitch im not stupid, my car fuking slid

What a great private message...obviously your insecure about your driving skills. Why else would you take the time to personally attack me...My post above had nothing to do with your intelligence level. Only said that many cars produced today are actually "BETTER" at controlling the vehicle in shitty conditions. Such as rain or snow. Moron...

13. lol take a break from driving? idk where you live or what you do, but a day without a car for me means im either not going to class or not going to work.

one time, i was driving home from class on a rural road (i have to drive ~30m each way on country roads) in NE ks while it was raining. i started to veer a little to the side, and it's only a ditch on either side of the road right where the road stops, so i guess i overcorrected so i wouldn't slide off the road into the ditch, lost control, slid to my left, turned the wheel (yeah idk just something i did out of instinct), slid into the ditch on the right side, and stopped. i sat there for like 30 seconds just like holy shit i almost died, but no one saw or anything so i just drove off.

kind of stupid, but it happened, what do ya do?

14. Funny shit.

15. #15 Herbin Legend, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    SneakerFreaker- "i dont give a fuk about a private message ur a punk internet bitch
    prolly a lil jit too. im not insecure about shit, i was driving and my car slid
    how fuking hard is that to comprehend
    dont get on this shit tryin to act like youre smarter than fuking jesus and try to condescendingly tell me "most cars are smarter than their drivers"
    you know exactly what you were saying so stop tryin to make internet drama or whatever you tryin to do."

Sound insecure to me...and about 15 years old.