I just got some seeds...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by skater9359, Aug 22, 2002.

1. I just got some seeds and i need to know what i need to make them grow?

2. I'm no expert, only done it once myself, but I just put them between sheets of moist kleenex, inside a plastic bag for about 3 days ( in my case). I put the bag on top of the fridge, and the room was dark, but I'm told that doesn't matter.

I'm 2 weeks in now, so would enjoy comparing notes mate...

3. I folded up a damp paper towell, with the seeds inside, and put it inside a plastic ziplock bag. Then I put it on top of my computer case (it was the warmest between my fridge and TV) and they were germinated by the end of the next day.

4. You really don't need to germinate at all! Well, that is, if you know your seeds are potent. There's no certain way to tell, but a good way is to -gently- roll a seed between your thumb and fore-finger. If it crumbles or breaks, it's no good. A good seed will be a dark brown or black color, but they may also be striped or a green. To germinate before planting, use the wet paper towel method. But make sure that whatever you put the towels and seeds in can be sealed, or your chances of root rot are good. Once you see a small white root, plant the seeds root-down in your container, or the ground, about 1/2-1 inch down. Be careful about this, and dont pack down the top layer of dirt, or they cant sprout! They will usually come above ground in under a week. Good luck, and happy harvest!

TokercHiCk