I just got reminded of the three donts.

Discussion in 'Security' started by Stewart169, Dec 29, 2016.

1. I have less than a year growing and got reminded yesterday why the 3 donts are so important.
    On the local news there was a story the other day about small town police nearby arresting some guy for a basement grow. Dude was middle age and that would possibly make me think it was his home and not a new grower.
    The story is police show up on a pretense of returning some property to him. While at front door they do what cops do. Look at each other and ask each other if they smell something??? Call for warrant which magically appears and poof!! Basement grow is found.
    According to FB comments on story dude either had someone break in or someone knew and snitched him out.
    Either way he screwed up. Someone that lives across street posted about being surprised by it happening.
    Reminds me to keep my mouth shut. I have a friend who I really would like to tell but this is a cold face full of water why I can't. Only 3 of us know I grow. Me my wife and the dog. My wife is paranoid about it the way it is and has always been able to keep a secret. I'm the weak link but this was a lesson why. Don't smell, don't tell, don't sell.

• Like Like x 3
  2. No lives matter.

3. Highly questionable.. the smell of marijuana alone isn't usually enough for officers to obtain a warrant on the spot for your house. I have a hard time believing a judge would go along with that.. it's not like a car.

Likely there is more going on here like "plain view" or he consented to the search not knowing his rights.

Either way.. the 3 don't still pertain and know your right BEFORE doing something illegal.

4. Story was somewhat vague but I'm in a non 420 state. So they probably only needed the flimsy excuse of smelling. I know it works that way for a traffic stop absolutely. Pretty sure it was a set up by the police. The pretense of them even knocking on the door to begin with was a red herring. They knew before they got there. The police never stop by to return lost or stolen items.
    Some shit bag snitched. Not sure why.

5. Mine does.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mine too

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1