I just got electrocuted

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Flowerman200, Oct 27, 2017.

1. yeah, as the title says, i just electrocuted myself.
    was tryin to set up some lights with regular wire (not insulated)
    Felt it in my face really hard for about sec and half then dropped to the ground
    I think i am uninjured, i didntt feel anything else but adrenaline, which i killed with a fat J.
    Do i have superpowers? Should igo to the ER? I dont feel different.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Been there, done that. If you're up and about, you should be fine. But if concerned, go get checked out. Sorry, man. I don't think you have superpowers, but be careful, you may have residual electricity running through your body. Be careful taking your first leak. You may shoot out a lightning bolt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Guess im Lit, literally.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I was an aviation boatawainsmate "equipment", I launched jets off the bow catapults on USS Independence. I was walking from one spot to another on the flight deck getting ready to launch an F18 or an F14. As we were bringing it up to cat1 I had my hand on the nose cone as I was walking with the moving jet. It keeps you safe.

Fucking pilot cycled his radar and part of my hand touched the radar. Fucking ZZZZZZAP!!! I was trying to get to the side of the flight deck in the catwalk but my brain wouldn't work. I would tell it to do something and something else would happen. It was surreal.

I also got my toes ran over by a jet and the steal toe in my steal toe flight eck boots cut through the sole of my boot. My toes turned black and blue. They had to cut my boot apart to get my foot out. Good times.

5. Thank you for your service.

• Like Like x 1
  6. YkS9Wlg.gif

OP when they electrocuted themselfs

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. :metal:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I touched my grandma's electrified fence that kept her horses from fucking with the fence one time.. She told me not to touch it, but I did and I swear I saw the skeleton of my hand when I did, like a fuckin' Simpsons cartoon. Think I was just tripping though.

9. As long as you feel fine, then you should be good. A short jolt of low current isn't good for you, but normally doesn't do major harm. I've been hit my 110v around five to ten times, and other than a slight st-st-st-stutter, I am right as rain.

I also went to move a spark plug wire on a running vehicle one time to discover that the plastic shield on the bottom had melted down to bare wire. It was much worse than getting shocked by 110v.

10. Some great stories, hopefully none of ya got hurt.

11. Should have been a hole snipe

12. I was a field electrician for 30 years and wired everything from house to factories. Took some hella shocks over the years but none deadly. :) 120 v AC 60 htz standard household current for much of the world is the deadly one as it contracts your muscles and you physically can't let go of the motherfuckingthing.
    Higher voltages like 240 v just knock you across the room and rattle your brain and have you tasting copper for a few days.
    Really high volts like car ignition systems while painfull are not usually deadly as it's all volts with very little amps or current behind it.
    BNW

13. I could of sworn i tasted metal in my mouth after that shit, but i dont think it was 240. Guess it gave me the same effect, i stupidly tried to hang up a ligtbulb socket with a piece of wire while the lights still running (was high as shit), you get the rest of it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I think i've gotten shocked slightly once. It was on my stomach and it felt like a killer strong vibration. not sure what that was. seems like electricity