I just got busted and need some help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Whatsgucci, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Ok so here is the story. Im chilling with my two friends and I lets call them A and B. We decide to smoke at this baseball park behind some trees, we always go to this place it is a really good spot. So we smoke and i drove there so I had to drive both A and B home. I get to A's house which is literally right down the street and safely drop him off. Now i go to drop B he is also right down the street from A's house and he was caring a gas mask that was used for a bong but he didn't have the bong with it.

So i pull up to B's house pull over to the curb and B asked me if he can put some eye drops in since his parents were still awake, i give him some eyedrops and he puts them in. As he finished putting them in a cop pulls up behind us a flashes his spotlight on us. Both of us had stuff on us and unfortunately i had weed on me about 2 gs. The cop comes up to my car asking us what we were doing and i just said dropping my friend off, but the cop saw the gas mask under B's feet. At this point we know were probably fucked so B says its his and he's taking it to his house that is literally right across the street from where we were parked. The cop takes us both out of the car and searches us and find my friends papers and grinder and they also find my weed. The cops put me in the back of there car and tell my to call one of my parents to pick me up since they were saying i can't drive my car. I got ticketed and have a court date in october, the cop says it'll probably be just a fine or community service.

So my question for all of you is do you think they had the right to search us if my friend had a gas mask. Is caring a gas mask illegal how can they jump to the conclusion that we were smoking (which we weren't), with it are gas mask made for bongs different from a normal gas mask? Im wondering if i should try to fight my case, i got a ticket that cop said i will probably get community service or fined and it won't go on my record. And if any of you got any advice for what i should do please share like should i continue smoking since i have a court date or should i stop completely and sorry if its poorly written its my first post

2. When you go to Court, say the cop did an illegal search, as he had no reason to look in your car.
    Unless you said he could?...
    Did he ask you if you consented to a search?

3. dude NEVER consent to searches....smh

4. illegal search and seizures are unprecidented 95% of the time and most people don't know how to react, as did you.

Tell him you do not consent to a search and if he says he has reasonable suspicion ask him what makes the suspicion reasonable.

If he continues ask for his badge number and last name..
    All law enforcement officers in all states are required to give their information to civilians when the encounter occurs.
    Ask if the cop was detaining or arresting you.

If he says no, then simply go about your business. If he tries to stop you ask him again, AM I BEING DETAINED OR ARRESTED????

If he says yes, say on what grounds? Your choice but always to be safe from the asshole pigs tell him you are not resisting.

If it comes down to it and he's really being a dick and trying to fuck up your day and ends up arresting you, if he doesn't tell you your rights or anything your free to go on the simple fact that he didn't mirandize you.

Knowing the law is a very powerful thing and often makes cops feel like idiots while maintaining your innocence as you are staying within the law.

5. The gas mask was enough ........ Damn :....... IMO its not worth being the driver having to drop everyone off .....
    Just gives you more of chance of being pulled over......... Later on you're gonna be like I should of just been doing my own thing

6. why do you have 2 threads on this?

7. [quote name='"The Incredible"']why do you have 2 threads on this?[/quote]

There is only one man.. What you talkin about?

8. look at threads started by this user....

9. [quote name='"The Incredible"']

look at threads started by this user....[/quote]

Just did.. There is only this one. :confused_2:
    You trippin man

10. There is this one and another one with 4 or 5 pages of responses and i know because i responded on the other thread to

11. Ur now tottaly fucked 50% because you dis t say to the pig. "i do not consent" and "officer you are violating my rights step away pig" the other 50% is all in your bank account get a good lawyer and u can be like gas
    Mask is no propable cause judge u can buy gas masks for 30 bucks off the internet how are they search worthy? Or get in good with some local
    Churches and those community service hours can be written off real quick

12. [quote name='"The Incredible"']There is this one and another one with 4 or 5 pages of responses and i know because i responded on the other thread to[/quote]

I only see this thread man.. Maybe you are confusing another thread with this one. :confused_2:

13. how? in that link im the first response and on this page permenantlyhigh is the first response

14. you even commented on the other thread...

15. [quote name='"The Incredible"']

you even commented on the other thread...[/quote]

Nope. I have only responded in this thread. You okay man? :eek:

16. Ya theres 2 threads. Guess the other one wasnt getting any bodys attention....idk:D

17. either you're trolling, really high, or something is messed up with the threads. I can go into his profile and it shows he has 2 threads posted at different times and both have different responses, and page numbers...

18. thank you.