I just got busted and need some help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Whatsgucci, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Ok so here is the story. Im chilling with my two friends and I lets call them A and B. We decide to smoke at this baseball park behind some trees, we always go to this place it is a really good spot. So we smoke and i drove there so I had to drive both A and B home. I get to A's house which is literally right down the street and safely drop him off. Now i go to drop B he is also right down the street from A's house and he was caring a gas mask that was used for a bong but he didn't have the bong with it.

So i pull up to B's house pull over to the curb and B asked me if he can put some eye drops in since his parents were still awake, i give him some eyedrops and he puts them in. As he finished putting them in a cop pulls up behind us a flashes his spotlight on us. Both of us had stuff on us and unfortunately i had weed on me about 2 gs. The cop comes up to my car asking us what we were doing and i just said dropping my friend off, but the cop saw the gas mask under B's feet. At this point we know were probably fucked so B says its his and he's taking it to his house that is literally right across the street from where we were parked. The cop takes us both out of the car and searches us and find my friends papers and grinder and they also find my weed. The cops put me in the back of there car and tell my to call one of my parents to pick me up since they were saying i can't drive my car. I got ticketed and have a court date in october, the cop says it'll probably be just a fine or community service.

So my question for all of you is do you think they had the right to search us if my friend had a gas mask. Is caring a gas mask illegal how can they jump to the conclusion that we were smoking (which we weren't), with it are gas mask made for bongs different from a normal gas mask? Im wondering if i should try to fight my case, i got a ticket that cop said i will probably get community service or fined and it won't go on my record. And if any of you got any advice for what i should do please share like should i continue smoking since i have a court date or should i stop completely and sorry if its poorly written its my first post

2. Well i dont think a gas mask is probable cause since you didnt have the bong on it... did you consent to the search or did he just start searching?

3. They told us to step out of the car and they searched us they did not ask if i consent to a search.

4. hmm well im not sure about this but some one on here had said stepping out of the car is consenting to a search but i dont think thats true if anyone could help me confirm or deny that

5. Even if he didn't consent the all the cop has to say is that he smelled weed and saw that gasmask and thought it was for drug use.

6. ya that gas mask was probable cause, especially if it has resin in it.
    and if you just blaze im sure you smelt of marijuana.

this is what happens when you are not very sneaky or smart.

but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what yall are doing with a bong attached to a gas mask....

7. But we weren't even smoking

8. wouldn't the cop have to tell the OP he smells weed in the car?

9. There was no bong attached to it, it was literally just a gas mask

10. and there is no way we reeked of weed cause we smoked a kids bong outside and it was like 20 min before

11. You must leave the state and start a new life before October, you'll probably get away with it unless you were printed and if you get rid of all identification of yourself! It's your only choice, or they WILL be tattooing a pot leaf on your left hand according too my law books.

12. i know it really isn't that bad, but it was the first time i got caught and was wondering if there was any way i could get out of it

13. alright, the first question is what state do you live in?
    how many charges do you have? any marijuana related?

its kind of late now man, i mean you say you didn't smell of pot.
    that cop says you did.
    who is gonna win in a court of law...the stoner or the cop?

EDIT: not trying to be a dick, but its the truth, you probably smelt of weed. that shit lingers.

14. oh pick me! pick me!

the cop!

15. Say the cops molested you or your friend, collaborate the details. lol:cool:(don't do this)

16. I got a clean record and i live in illinois

17. good luck bro but i don't see anyway of getting out of it. if the gasmask would have been concealed you would be ok cuz it would have been an illegal search. But cops arent that dumb i'm sure he knows what that gas mask was for. and like i said even if you didn't smell like weed all that cop has to do in court is say he smelled it and saw the gas mask....boom....probable cause. He should have said something before searching your car, but i doubt thats enough to invalidate the search.

^^^^ah see no worries under 2g's no big. community service, and nothing else i bet.

18. I guess ill just have to take the punishment hopefully they won't give me anything i really wish the cop wasn't such an a hole like i was literally just dropping my damn friend off that stuff makes me some mad.

19. in my state a first time offense is usually a slap on the wrist.
    you do have to do drug classes & drug tests, but its better than having that shit on your record.