I just got an xbox 360

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by AntonioA, Mar 25, 2012.

1. I dont know much about games, so which one do you recommend ?

2. Halo
    Forza 4
    Skyrim

Just to name a quick few.

3. gears of war
    Left 4 Dead
    and i dunno, i didn't have one for long

4. Gears of War 3 is a sick game, you just have to get good at it.
    Try to avoid call of duty..

5. [quote name='"ydidimakeths420"']
    Try to buy call of duty..[/quote]

this^^^

some people hate it but i love it, played and owned every ane since the first one

6. I feel you, i've owned every single one, but the game is not fun forever, after a while it becomes VERY repetitive, and quite frankly, too easy.

Its fun at first, but then its just more of the same each time they make a game.

7. battlefield 3
    ufc 3
    forza 4

8. GET RED DEAD REDEMPTION. ITS BAD ASS

im downloading resident evil 4 right now

9. ^Seconded Red Dead Redemption!

10. Assassin's Creed (I can't wait for the new one!!)
    MW3

11. I suggest renting before you buy.

12. Depends what kind of thing you're into really.
    I'm gonna suggest GTA IV.

13. #13 Mogwai, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    Just browse the old games for under $20 at Gamestop. You can find so many old gems in there. They've been out for a while and might be outdated in ways/not have big online communities, but they're still a good value and if you just got the Xbox they'll still feel new as fuck haha.

People seem to like CoD a lot and you might too. I'd suggest sticking to the newest one (mw3). I hear the older titles aren't really supported anymore so their communities are full of hackers and they're not as big. Black Ops might be different but that games still $60 (or damn near it?), so you may as well just get MW3 if you go with a Cod game.

Get Oblivion before Skyrim just to see if you like the style of it. Skyrim is basically the same gameplay (well with a lot of new shit I guess, but it's still the same overall), but it costs 3x as much.

Fallout games are great. Left 4 Dead is a lot of fun, especially if you like FPS or zombies. Forza is where it's at for driving simulation. Sports games kinda suck this generation in my opinion =\

A lot of new games are just sequels to previous games.. So buy the earlier titles for a fraction of the price to check a series out before dropping a $60 gamble on a newly released game

Oh and you might wanna check out the arcade games too. There are some really good games in there but you gotta read reviews and shit before buying them. There are actually some good indie games too and you can get them for $1-3, but beware as you can only play them while online.

14. [quote name='"Mogwai"']Just browse the old games for under $20 at Gamestop. You can find so many old gems in there. They've been out for a while and might be outdated in ways/not have big online communities, but they're still a good value and if you just got the Xbox they'll still feel new as

Oh and you might wanna check out the arcade games too. There are some really good games in there but you gotta read reviews and shit before buying them. There are actually some good indie games too and you can get them for $1-3, but beware as you can only play them while online.[/quote]

Hahahah yup this blade knows whatsup.

15. FIFA 12 and bf3

16. Yeah man the first thing I did when I got my xbox was hit up the old game section in gamestop. For the price of one new game I got a handful of awesome games that were still a huge step up from what I had been playing

17. I got skate and assassins creed for 10$ at gamestop

18. Do you have any preference in games at all?

Battlefield 3 - fps
    Skyrim - rpg
    Test drive unlimited 2 - racing
    GTA IV w/ all 3 episodes included - just damn fun.
    LA Noire - if you like crime shows and thinking while you play.
    Just Cause 2 - pretty cool game
    Skate 3 is also fun

19. Deus Ex: Human Revolution.